2020 US Senatorial elections

cjbfbp

Reaction score
You must be really young if you think Don started all of that.
No, of course he didn't. But, Trump is here and now so he's the most likely "what about?" symbol. The right wingers always like to go back to Clinton but his misconduct was over 20 years ago. They also never mention that everyone knew he was a serial philanderer (at least 85% of Democrats at the time probably admitted that) but the substantial majority of the population thought he was a very competent president, unlike the current White House occupant.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
And he’ll vote for eliminating the filibuster, packing the court, adding PR and DC as states, etc.

But they don’t want to talk about that.
I hope all of those things happen.

The result is a better, stronger United States.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
I hope all of those things happen.

The result is a better, stronger United States.
Biden has stated that he isn't in favor of packing the SC. I don't think he should be. FDR probably was the closest president in the last 100 years to enjoy anything close to dictatorial powers and even he couldn't get that done.

At the town hall last night, Biden was asked a question from a young woman about how Barret's nomination to the court might impact reproductive rights. Biden first said that no one knows yet what Barrett will do and, if the court overturns Roe v. Wade, it's time for Congress to enact legislation making it the law of the land. Although it's rarely done, Congress has the ability to strip jurisdiction from the Supreme Court.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Biden has stated that he isn't in favor of packing the SC. I don't think he should be. FDR probably was the closest president in the last 100 years to enjoy anything close to dictatorial powers and even he couldn't get that done.

At the town hall last night, Biden was asked a question from a young woman about how Barret's nomination to the court might impact reproductive rights. Biden first said that no one knows yet what Barrett will do and, if the court overturns Roe v. Wade, it's time for Congress to enact legislation making it the law of the land. Although it's rarely done, Congress has the ability to strip jurisdiction from the Supreme Court.
Congress always had the ability to make laws.

The SCOTUS's ability is then always to prevent them from making illegal laws. Why wouldn't they just strike down the new law as unconstitutional?

I'm begining to be of the mindset that SCOTUS should just be the 3rd branch of elected government. Judges are already so biased (Federalist Society). Why not just take those biases directly to the people, then?

Or, I could get behind the proposal of 18 year term limits, with each POTUS getting to nominate two justices.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
No, of course he didn't. But, Trump is here and now so he's the most likely "what about?" symbol. The right wingers always like to go back to Clinton but his misconduct was over 20 years ago. They also never mention that everyone knew he was a serial philanderer (at least 85% of Democrats at the time probably admitted that) but the substantial majority of the population thought he was a very competent president, unlike the current White House occupant.
You can go back much further than Clinton.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Not past John Edwards. John Edwards essentially did the same thing as Trump and had to drop out of politics
John Edwards had an affair with and impregnated a campaign worker who later gave birth to an illegitimate child.

howeda7

Reaction score
Very well informed Democrat Senate candidate in Kansas...😳😳😳😳😳🤭

How does it feel to be sweating out a Senate race in Kansas?

It's too bad the Dems couldn't get Billie Sutton to run in SD. He might have had a shot. Trump is that bad.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
How does it feel to be sweating out a Senate race in Kansas?

It's too bad the Dems couldn't get Billie Sutton to run in SD. He might have had a shot. Trump is that bad.
I don’t think anyone is “sweating” Kansas based on this candidate.

I’m willing to bet on that. You?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I'm old enough to remember when extra-marital affairs were unpopular among Republican voters.
Haven’t you lefties spent the last 5 years lecturing us about an unfaithful politician?

I get it, it only matters when it’s someone on the other side.

Turns out, Cunningham had a physical relationship with the original sexting mistress as recently as July. Anyone this stupid shouldn’t be a Senator.

North Carolina won’t elect Cunningham and this will also help Trump in NC.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Nice debate tonight in Arizona. Kelly (the D) took the same approach as Hiden and Tina and refused to answer any questions about stacking the Supreme Court, and for us Minnesotans, McSally (the R) brought up Illan Omar as an example of the radical left that Kelly supports. Kelly got pounded on by his 2nd Amendment stance (the Veritas videos), but he also had a prepared answer of "I love guns, I just don't think others should be able to get them" that I think worked well for libs. No huge wins or loses by either candidate.

howeda7

Reaction score
Haven’t you lefties spent the last 5 years lecturing us about an unfaithful politician?
No. They've spent 5 years lecturing you on the hypocrisy of the GOP and the "religious right" who jump on their moral high horse about things like this story while worshipping a serial philanderer and abuser. And what did you do? Exactly that.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
No. They've spent 5 years lecturing you on the hypocrisy of the GOP and the "religious right" who jump on their moral high horse about things like this story while worshipping a serial philanderer and abuser. And what did you do? Exactly that.
I don’t worship anyone, but I certainly NEVER worshipped Bill Clinton, so I don’t know what you’re talking about. 😂🤣

And really, who has jumped on their “high horse”? Facts are facts. Fake stories, like about Kavanaugh, are fake stories. But when reality hits you in the face, you yell “But Trump”.

justthefacts

Reaction score

I get it, it only matters when it’s someone on the other side.

Turns out, Cunningham had a physical relationship with the original sexting mistress as recently as July. Anyone this stupid shouldn’t be a Senator.

North Carolina won’t elect Cunningham and this will also help Trump in NC.
No, we've spent 5 years lecturing Republicans about their hypocrisy regarding unfaithful politicians. Democrats haven't cared about consensual sex in decades.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
No, we've spent 5 years lecturing Republicans about their hypocrisy regarding unfaithful politicians. Democrats haven't cared about consensual sex in decades.
Are you talking about between male adults and underage male teenagers?

Name any recent Republican Congressmen that has had a consensual affair and that hasn’t been forced to resign or retire or put out of office?

justthefacts

Reaction score
Are you talking about between male adults and underage male teenagers?

Name any recent Republican Congressmen that has had a consensual affair and that hasn’t been forced to resign or retire or put out of office?
By definition, underage people cannot give consent.

I like how you put "Congressmen" in there so we couldn't name Trump, but regardless, Democrats don't have to power to force Republican Congressmen out. They resign (or lose elections) because they're own voters give up on them.

It seems likely Lindsey Graham has had consensual affairs.

Newt Gingrich had an affair in 1974 and served in Congress until 1999.

Boehner was rumored to have had affairs.

Don Sherwood had an affair and only left when he lost an election

David Vitter admitted to sex with prostitutes and served in the Senate for 10 more years.

Top Bottom