2020 State Fair Food Parade - Tickets on sale July 31st

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
A crowler must be consumed in one sitting; a growler must be consumed in one weekend.
I think it's quite possible that this is the most intelligent and most insightful post I've seen on the board in weeks!

Well done, sir!

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
This thread should not be in the gross OTB (politics), this should be in the new, good OTB.
Even people who disagree politically can have common interests and hang out. I get why they peeled off the pop culture board, this one can seem angry and mean if you are the sort of person who doesn’t enjoy arguing. I don’t really talk politics in my ordinary life at this level of detail. If someone is saying something I find really far out I might nudge them, but for the most part I spend more time cleaning fish than talking about Donald Trump.

This place is an outlet for challenging my thoughts. Most of those I disagree with often are articulate enough to humanize that viewpoint. Rather than live in a bubble, I’d encourage people to have a place where you listen to the other side. Outside of high school and college, you just don’t get that experience of being in a group this diverse.

And the fair is awesome. It is one of the reasons I live where I do.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Even people who disagree politically can have common interests and hang out. I get why they peeled off the pop culture board, this one can seem angry and mean if you are the sort of person who doesn’t enjoy arguing. I don’t really talk politics in my ordinary life at this level of detail. If someone is saying something I find really far out I might nudge them, but for the most part I spend more time cleaning fish than talking about Donald Trump.

This place is an outlet for challenging my thoughts. Most of those I disagree with often are articulate enough to humanize that viewpoint. Rather than live in a bubble, I’d encourage people to have a place where you listen to the other side. Outside of high school and college, you just don’t get that experience of being in a group this diverse.

And the fair is awesome. It is one of the reasons I live where I do.
All that is perfectly fine. The state fair offering a drive through option has nothing to do with politics. There is a new OTB board for non-political topics, and this thread should be moved there.

As far as the OTB politics board goes: it and most who post regularly there are cancer. It was high time that I cut such cancer out of my body/life. My hat’s off to the reasonable, evidence and truth based posters (like yourself) who keep it a hair above being the sewer of the internet.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I wish you peace and happiness.

I like it here. Ever wonder who the Trump fans are? Well, they run businesses, employ people, have families, are retired, are parents, and have a sense of social justice. They are all here.
Being able to disagree without going zero sum is becoming a lost art.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Yes. All of the oxygen is removed in the filling process. Remember, it is still draft beer, so unpasteurized. You are basically buying a carton of milk. Two weeks is pretty much the outside for good flavor on a crowler, a growler degrades in three days. Growlers are pretty much for taking home and drinking that day.

You can stretch all these times, but remember, you are buying spendy craft beer because it tastes better.
A crowler must be consumed in one sitting; a growler must be consumed in one weekend.
Good to know, friends; thanks!

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Yes. Many times. But perseverance for FRESH FRENCH FRIES

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Do you live within walking distance of the fairgrounds?
Six miles, so I'm going with no. And you need a car for this event. Will be the first time I've driven to the fair since the 70s. I can see the water tower from my house.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Six miles, so I'm going with no. And you need a car for this event. Will be the first time I've driven to the fair since the 70s. I can see the water tower from my house.
Yeah, that’s a lengthy walk. Do u bike to the Fair? I like the bike parking system they have there. I can ride the entire way on bike trails!

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Yeah, that’s a lengthy walk. Do u bike to the Fair? I like the bike parking system they have there. I can ride the entire way on bike trails!
I have biked many times, using the corral on Snelling and Como.

Top Bottom