2020 Presidential Election - Trump versus Biden

howeda7

Reaction score
howie, I ”brought up” 2016 b/c that’s the only actual election with actual results that we have to compare. And I compared his favorability pre-election to the 2016 results, which is what we are attempting to do here, specifically last winter before CV.

You have yet to use one fact to make your argument. You’ve given a lot of your assumptions.

BTW, Trump’s electoral college win was by a wide margin. My suggestion is that his hypothetical electoral college win last December is that it would’ve been a greater margin.
Trump's EC win was by a total of about 100K votes in MI, WI and PA while losing the popular vote by 3 million. It was not a "slam dunk win" to anyone with an ounce of sense.

howeda7

Reaction score
Investors aren’t likely to choose highly risky investments if they can’t collect until retirement, although appropriate higher risk investing is strategically sound when younger. But you could also require only certain investment vehicles and require diversification of invested funds to minimize risk.

The main point is that, although the government could set parameters for appropriate investing, the individual has more control over their own retirement savings rather than having the government manage it.
Government controlled investing, eh? That wouldn't need to billions in new lobbying and cronyism at all, right? Somewhere in his parent's basement in Edina, 2 is spinning in his chair.

SS is the easiest problem to solve. Raise the cap to sufficiently fund it. Raise the retirement age. Offer some sort of buyout to people like us at retirement age. And then keep the rest of the governemnt's gruybb hands of out it. A "lock box" as Al Gore would say.

howeda7

Reaction score
Make no mistake, there are plenty of swing voters who care that Trump intentionally misled the public about the coronavirus.
Here's hoping. Voters have the attention span of a gnat though.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Here's hoping. Voters have the attention span of a gnat though.
There is s certain elasticity to it, yes. But the distinction between mistakes/ineptitude and malice is a huge step.

howeda7

Reaction score
There is s certain elasticity to it, yes. But the distinction between mistakes/ineptitude and malice is a huge step.
I just saw two new national polls with Biden +10 and Biden +12. Hopefully that is this story starting to be taken into account.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Ha ha ha!!! Learn to read. I addressed both of these. You can't predict what an investor that has no clue what he is doing will do. And you can't let the government pick winners and losers so blatantly - Jesus, that's a Republican standard bearer. I gotta go to a bonfire, beers and brats. Turn off the TV, KFC.
Don’t spread the corona!!!

BTW, I’m not sure you have a good grasp on appropriate investing options and the diversity that is offered.

howeda7

Reaction score
They are meaningless, but it should help you sleep better tonight.
State polls are more important, but they're not "meaningless." Unless you think Don can really pull off an EC win while losing the popular vote by 7%.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Government controlled investing, eh? That wouldn't need to billions in new lobbying and cronyism at all, right? Somewhere in his parent's basement in Edina, 2 is spinning in his chair.

SS is the easiest problem to solve. Raise the cap to sufficiently fund it. Raise the retirement age. Offer some sort of buyout to people like us at retirement age. And then keep the rest of the governemnt's gruybb hands of out it. A "lock box" as Al Gore would say.
I didn’t say “government controlled”. I’m suggesting the government could limit the type of investment tools. There are a multitude of options that could be used. The government has plenty of limitations (controls) on investment already, like tax deferred investments. Why would this be any different?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Trump's EC win was by a total of about 100K votes in MI, WI and PA while losing the popular vote by 3 million. It was not a "slam dunk win" to anyone with an ounce of sense.
It was a win by a wide EC margin. If it were wider, it would be a landslide. Just b/c California votes overwhelmingly Democrat, doesn’t mean that most of the rest of the country is loony.

BTW, I didn’t say 2016 was a “slam dunk”. I said a scheduled election based on Trump’s favorability in early last winter would’ve been a slam dunk.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Investors aren’t likely to choose highly risky investments if they can’t collect until retirement, although appropriate higher risk investing is strategically sound when younger. But you could also require only certain investment vehicles and require diversification of invested funds to minimize risk.

The main point is that, although the government could set parameters for appropriate investing, the individual has more control over their own retirement savings rather than having the government manage it.
No. Investors don’t need the gov’t to set parameters on their own money. No. Personal accountability. If they lose it all, don’t save responsibly, and have to live on the streets - so be it.

bga1

Reaction score
Dems raise 347 million from "unemployed people" - possible foreign donations?

LakevilleBro

Reaction score
Can you go a day without making racial comments?
[/QUOTE
It seems that this past year, everything single thing is racist. I thought we were way past this type of thing, but of course, the left plays the race card every single time. I know a lot of people and NOT one of them is a racist, WS, etc. But the left wants to believe that racism is everywhere, and it is not.

Wally

Reaction score
I am a racist and I think easily greater than 50% of the people I know are to one degree or another. I try not to act on these thoughts but they are there...I also try to keep them to myself...

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Ron Klain, Biden’s Chief of Staff as VP, regarding the Obama/Biden response to H1N1 flu:
”we did every possible thing wrong...purely a fortuity that this isn’t one of the greatest mass casualty events in American history, had nothing to do us doing anything right, it was just luck.”

Donovan

Reaction score
Looks like Iran is hoping for more pallets of cash if Biden wins.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
So howie, or any other lefty that wants to comment, when Biden says that he “condemns all violence” and not condemning specifically what violence (like against police), isn’t that EXACTLY like saying ALL LIVES MATTER?

Please explain the difference if you don’t think so?

Top Bottom