2020 Presidential Election - Trump versus Biden

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Biden was in Michigan talking about CV infections and deaths. His note card prints the number of US troops died and wounded in Iraq/Afghanistan as a comparison for the Covid deaths in the US and Michigan.

Biden reads the number of CV deaths in the US and says that there were 6,114 military deaths (due to CV), when in actuality there are only 7 military Covid deaths (not on card). MI stands for Michigan, Joe, not US Troops or military. And he spoke the wrong number wrong. It’s 6,814, not 6,114, CV deaths in Michigan.

Biden can’t read notes. Biden can’t process information. Biden doesn’t know what state he is in. And Biden has NO perspective on the number of military deaths due to Covid. He thinks it’s near 7K dead troops from CV. Either that, or he just reads what his handlers put in front of him.

65134F18-8E90-408C-A4C5-4B5B2465CD80.jpeg

howeda7

Reaction score
Keep playing the "Trump is the smarter, more competent candidate" card. Please!

howeda7

Reaction score

The conservative SCOTUS I don’t get. Have they overturned Roe vs Wade yet, is it even on their calendar yet. They didn’t vote on anything that was controversial and were a very vanilla court. The conservatives had the advantage now and did nothing with it why do you think a 7-2 conservative court would be a bad thing.
Not yet. And they might not with a 5-4 conservative SCOTUS. Get it to 7-2 and they will over turn Roe v. Wade, same-sex marriage, the ACA and a likely plenty of other things.

Wally

Reaction score
If that's what you really believe, you essentially have zero business voting. The notion that it is anyone's "responsibility" to vote for someone that doesn't have anywhere near the agenda that they do or that doesn't represent any of their interests is really kind of despicable, howie. You are a small, petty person

I don't care that much for Trump, and I don't listen to a damn word he says publicly, but at least many of his positions on things are similar to what mine are.
Typical Trump voter logic eludes you...

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Not yet. And they might not with a 5-4 conservative SCOTUS. Get it to 7-2 and they will over turn Roe v. Wade, same-sex marriage, the ACA and a likely plenty of other things.
That’s like saying the Sturgis bike rally was going to infect hundreds of thousands of people with Covid. Except guess what it didn’t. Besides all the states are passing their own laws for abortion and gay marriage.

howeda7

Reaction score
If that's what you really believe, you essentially have zero business voting. The notion that it is anyone's "responsibility" to vote for someone that doesn't have anywhere near the agenda that they do or that doesn't represent any of their interests is really kind of despicable, howie. You are a small, petty person

I don't care that much for Trump, and I don't listen to a damn word he says publicly, but at least many of his positions on things are similar to what mine are.
Stupid take by an angry person.

Foreign policy and the courts are the two largest impacts the President has and certainly the longest lasting. It doesn't matter what Biden's particular nuanced position on climate change or healthcare is, it matters whether he will sign what, if anything, gets through Congress. In that regard, Biden and Bernie will likely sign/veto 90% of the same bills. To stay home and pout because he doesn't exactly align with your position on those issues is incredibly stupid.

Trump only has one position. What's in this for me? Michael Cohen says he is pro-choice and that is easy to believe. And we know he has terrible personal morals. But the religious right will still vote for him because he "shares their values." What a crock.

Wally

Reaction score
I wish they would overturn Row v Wade, for the backlash. There is a reason conservatives scream about it alot but actually do very little in practice....

howeda7

Reaction score
That’s like saying the Sturgis bike rally was going to infect hundreds of thousands of people with Covid. Except guess what it didn’t. Besides all the states are passing their own laws for abortion and gay marriage.
Do you have any idea what you're talking about? That's the entire point. States can't over-ride the Federal government on these issues now. If they are overturned they can and many will.

FWIW, I don't want a 7-2 Liberal SCOTUS either. It would also do a lot of damage. What we had with 4-4 and Kennedy was probably ideal.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Do you have any idea what you're talking about? That's the entire point. States can't over-ride the Federal government on these issues now. If they are overturned they can and many will.
So weed is against federal law, but states like California have made it legal. Last I checked I don’t see a lot of everyday people being arrested for weed violations in California. Yes they still arrest the large drug traffickers, but the small people are left alone.

howeda7

Reaction score
I wish they would overturn Row v Wade, for the backlash. There is a reason conservatives scream about it alot but actually do very little in practice....
It's a political football for both sides, but especially the GOP. If they cared about reducing abortions, they'd work on promoting adoption and stop opposing sex ed. Etc.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
I've almost felt that way myself over the years. A very restrictive abortion law was enacted by the South Dakota legislature sometime around 2004. In the next election, the measure was placed on the ballot as a referendum. It was soundly defeated and some of those legislators behind the original bill lost their seats. If that can happen in SD, that can happen almost anywhere.

howeda7

Reaction score
So weed is against federal law, but states like California have made it legal. Last I checked I don’t see a lot of everyday people being arrested for weed violations in California. Yes they still arrest the large drug traffickers, but the small people are left alone.
Not a particularly valid comparison. In the first case, the State is saying it's legal and the Feds are not making an issue out of it. That is because Obama DOJ did not, and neither has Trump's, to his credit. If they chose to do so, it's not clear who would win.

If you think a bunch of red states won't immediately crack down on abortion and ban gay marriage the minute either is overturned, I have some land to sell you.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Not particularly valid comparison. In the first case, the State is saying it's legal and the Feds are not making an issue out of it. That is because Obama DOJ did not, and neither has Trump's, to his credit. If they chose to do so, it's not clear who would win.

If you think a bunch of red states won't immediately crack down on abortion and ban gay marriage the minute either is overturned, I have some land to sell you.
Where’s it at I have been looking to build a house.
Here’s my problem when Kavenough was up for appointment it was non stop he will overturn Roe vs. Wade. Guess what he didn’t and votes against conservative judges on a couple of items. I fail to see the Supreme Court ever deciding to take up abortion again and if they do little chance to overturn it.

howeda7

Reaction score
Where’s it at I have been looking to build a house.
Here’s my problem when Kavenough was up for appointment it was non stop he will overturn Roe vs. Wade. Guess what he didn’t and votes against conservative judges on a couple of items. I fail to see the Supreme Court ever deciding to take up abortion again and if they do little chance to overturn it.
Kavenaugh doesn't get to decide alone which cases are taken. I believe there is already a case in the pipeline that they will take up next term. I can see the current court passing or sending it back to a lower court without ruling. Put two more Kavanughs in place of Ginsberg/Breyer and the odds go up dramatically.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
This isn’t directly about the election, but it is. Teachers indoctrinate students in political views and this is an egregious example.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Kavenaugh doesn't get to decide alone which cases are taken. I believe there is already a case in the pipeline that they will take up next term. I can see the current court passing or sending it back to a lower court without ruling. Put two more Kavanughs in place of Ginsberg/Breyer and the odds go up dramatically.
I get that. They did take up a sort of abortion ruling this summer and ruled in favor of the plaintiff and against the state of Louisiana and trump. They hate going against prescient and with abortion being law I can’t see them changing to. Could they change what the Louisiana bill was and require a doctor to have admitting privileges to a hospital within 30 miles of the abortion clinic, yes. Doug that is not changing abortion and still allows abortions.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
They don’t have to answer questions like this on CNN and MSNBC, or ABC or CBS...

bga1

Reaction score
They don’t have to answer questions like this on CNN and MSNBC, or ABC or CBS...

Unreal. The election should be over right there. But...we don't have an honest media. Imagine electing a President who cannot answer questions without using a teleprompter with answers fed to him from his minders!

bga1

Reaction score
Can we request that this guy be THE spokesman for the Biden campaign?

You can't blame Ducklo (such a great name for a Biden representative).....there are no answers to these questions. A fair press would have ended this election by now. Trump should be up 15-20 points in the polls. Biden is not an option.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
You can't blame Ducklo (such a great name for a Biden representative).....there are no answers to these questions. A fair press would have ended this election by now. Trump should be up 15-20 points in the polls. Biden is not an option.
I’m with you on the media, but this country is pretty evenly divided between Righties and Lefties with a large group of apoliticals in the middle. If CV19 hadn’t happened, it would’ve been a slam dunk election. Certainly, the media has influenced those in the middle with a barrage of unprecedented negative media coverage on Trump, but it has lost a lot of credibility in its extreme partisanship.

It is hilarious to watch the Biden campaign try (not) to answer simple questions that expose a tremendous weakness. If they’re never asked a tough question, as simple as it may be, they’ll have a very difficult time coming across as forthright. The MSM softball interviews and questions are going to make it more difficult for Biden when he faces Chris Wallace, and even the other debate moderators. I don’t think any of the named moderators want to come across as Candy Crowley. Her career nosedived after that debate and was defined by it, even though it helped Obama beat Romney.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
1) who is Heath Mayo and why do I should I care what he thinks?
2) There is a General Fund.
3) Trump doesn’t have the House and couldn’t get this passed now. If he wins and the Republicans take back the House and hold the Senate, I expect that he would get the suspension of payroll taxes waived through the end of 2020.
4) why is giving working people a huge break on payroll tax different than doling out the same amount in stimulus? It all comes from the federal government, it just comes out of a different pocket. Rather that paying people not to work, cut taxes for those who are. That’s an incentive to get back to work. There are other entitlements for those of low income or unemployed.
5) Social Security isn’t going anywhere, though I wish the whole thing was restructured starting with people under 55 or 50.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score

Foreign policy and the courts are the two largest impacts the President has and certainly the longest lasting. It doesn't matter what Biden's particular nuanced position on climate change or healthcare is, it matters whether he will sign what, if anything, gets through Congress. In that regard, Biden and Bernie will likely sign/veto 90% of the same bills. To stay home and pout because he doesn't exactly align with your position on those issues is incredibly stupid.

Trump only has one position. What's in this for me? Michael Cohen says he is pro-choice and that is easy to believe. And we know he has terrible personal morals. But the religious right will still vote for him because he "shares their values." What a crock.
The short version of this, that you don't seem to get through your idiotic skull, is that you basically know better than all those people and it's okay for YOU to tell THEM how to vote. Voting is about more than that you numbskull. You're just plain too f'ng stupid to really see very many things from more than your tiny little perspective. You just don't get it.

Some people just don't feel that they can, in good conscious, do what you want them to do, to get to the end result that YOU want. Who the f'k are you to tell people how they should vote?

Voting is more than that, and you'll never figure it out.

bga1

Reaction score

Michael Cohen says = Howie says. Both dishonest to the core.

Wally

Reaction score
The short version of this, that you don't seem to get through your idiotic skull, is that you basically know better than all those people and it's okay for YOU to tell THEM how to vote. Voting is about more than that you numbskull. You're just plain too f'ng stupid to really see very many things from more than your tiny little perspective. You just don't get it.

Some people just don't feel that they can, in good conscious, do what you want them to do, to get to the end result that YOU want. Who the f'k are you to tell people how they should vote?

That is a whole lot of nothing you just wrote. Lol.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score

So angry!

Top Bottom