2020 Presidential Election - Trump versus Biden

MplsGopher

Reaction score
https://www.startribune.com/a-plea-to-trump-voters-don-t-re-elect-this-awful-man/572916691/

A plea to Trump voters: Don't re-elect this awful man
You wouldn't accept this behavior from a teacher; why accept it from our leader?

This is my last regular column before Election Day, so what is there left to say? Instead of giving you an answer, let me leave you with a question, which I think is the question. What would you do if your kid came home from school and said:

“Mom, Dad, my teacher said President Obama ordered the killing of the U.S. Special Forces team that supposedly killed Osama bin Laden. My teacher said bin Laden is actually still alive, that the guy the Navy SEALs killed was a ‘body double.’ He also claimed that Obama’s aides got Iran to send bin Laden to Pakistan so Obama could have a ‘trophy kill.’ What’s a trophy kill? My teacher said he had heard all of this somewhere on the internet, and he just thought he’d pass it along to our class. Mom, Dad, is this true?”

I know how I’d respond. I’d immediately call the school principal and ask how someone peddling such vile and fraudulent conspiracy stuff could be teaching in any classroom in America. Who wouldn’t? It violates the most basic judgment and norms of decency that we expect of anyone teaching in public school or serving in public office.

And that is really the question Donald Trump’s voters can’t ignore: Why would you be ready to fire your kid’s teacher for passing along such disgusting nonsense but be willing to rehire the nation’s teacher in chief — our president, the man with the most-read blackboard in the world — after he peddled exactly these crazy conspiracy theories to some 87 million people on Twitter the other day? Is there anything more warped?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
You know what’s REALLY AWFUL?

Leftists trying to “fundamentally change America”.

We tried a nice guy approach with George Bush. It failed.
We tried the ‘rise above it’ approach with Mitt Romney. It didn’t get off the ground.

Now the Right has a bad boy fighting like hell and Winning, Winning, Winning. 😘

Minnesota

Reaction score
You know what’s REALLY AWFUL?

Leftists trying to “fundamentally change America”.

We tried a nice guy approach with George Bush. It failed.
We tried the ‘rise above it’ approach with Mitt Romney. It didn’t get off the ground.

Now the Right has a bad boy fighting like hell and Winning, Winning, Winning. 😘
Yeah, that nice guy who started a war that killed a million people.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
The Biden Campaign must be trying to hide Kamala. They’re sending her to Texas today. If they thought she was helping their cause, she’d be in Pennsylvania.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Republicans are far outvoting Democrats at the voting locations. The panic in the Dems is escalating -- they put all their vast money into buying an election using advertising and have no ground game. "I screamed, hollered, I called..." and nothing. Note this candidate is from Miami-Dade Country, the most liberal city in the state.

chri1673

Reaction score
Apparently, “that tricky woman” is coming around. She’s wrong on Michigan and possibly Wisconsin, but she just has too much faith in polls that were wrong in 2016. Note: she’s not even considering Trafalgar howie.

Posted the odds a while back, current odds below.
Biden​
Trump​
OVERALL
EC Votes​
-175+145
Arizona (AZ)
11​
-130EVEN
Florida (FL)
29​
+120-160
Michigan (MI)
16​
-300+220
Minnesota (MN)
10​
-360+250
North Carolina (NC)
15​
-115-115
Pennsylvania (PA)
-185+140
Wisconsin (WI)
10​
-320+230
Iowa (IA)
6​
+130-170
Georgia (GA)
16​
+120-160
Texas (TX)
38​
+245-350
For reference the -185 number has an implied odds of a 65% chance.

So more than a 2:1 payout for you KGF if you are confident Trump wins MI and WI.

Obviously odds are set for the house to make money but I enjoy betting on sports and tracking the odds, I tend to think they are slightly more reliable than polls. Feel free to ignore if you think odds are a bad indicator of future outcomes.

Seems like AZ and NC both trending towards Trump. Leaving it all on Pennsylvania which has shown to be tightening in the polls lately as well as the odds.

For reference.
BidenTrumpBidenTrump
10/19/202010/19/202010/30/202010/30/2020
Arizona (AZ)-160+120-130EVEN
North Carolina (NC)-130-100-115-115
Pennsylvania (PA)-250+185-185+140

Donovan

Reaction score
If this election is on the edge, this second wave spike of COVID hitting now could be bad news for Trump. We'll see. I'm mentally ready for a loss, I guess my decades of being a Minnesota sports fan has prepared me well.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
If this election is on the edge, this second wave spike of COVID hitting now could be bad news for Trump. We'll see. I'm mentally ready for a loss, I guess my decades of being a Minnesota sports fan has prepared me well.
Get ready for your quality of life to take a major hit!! You should earmark 75-85% of your income and assets to be seized by the government.

howeda7

Reaction score
Does he know it's over? Sounds like he just wants to stay home and pout in his bunker.

He's going to address the nation from the Oval Office and declare victory while he's still "ahead" in states like PA with no mail votes counted, no matter what the final vote says. Because $%^ democracy and voting.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I think that you have to throw out the assumptions of what early voters do (D vs R). I think part of the increase in early voting is due to the importance of this election and will follow past trends - but I suspect most of it is likely COVID related. Just because more early votes have been Ds in the past, doesn't mean they will be this year. Just because most mail-in ballots have been Ds in the past, doesn't mean they will be this year. Niether Ds or Rs like standing in long lines and this year is likely to be the worst. I do think overall we will have more voters in 2020 than 2016, but not as many more as the # of ballots already submitted implies. If anything, early voting helps the Ds as some voted before the Biden scandal was proven.

Spoofin

Reaction score
He's going to address the nation from the Oval Office and declare victory while he's still "ahead" in states like PA with no mail votes counted, no matter what the final vote says. Because $%^ democracy and voting.
Again, I ask, why does it matter if Trump "declares victory"? It's not like him saying that changes anything - Kanye West could declare victory today - BFD.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Again, I ask, why does it matter if Trump "declares victory"? It's not like him saying that changes anything - Kanye West could declare victory today - BFD.
I haven't followed the conversation, but if you are lumping Kanye West and Don Trump together, I don't believe that says much positive about Don. Don is the current president of the United States which is the most powerful political position in the most powerful nation in the history of the world, who is charged with protecting the constitution. Undermining the integrity and freedom in the voting process, as he has done many, many times, hurts our country and fans the flames of division. While you are correct - at least you should be correct - Don's behavior - yet again - is hurting this country. He doesn't just represent his flock of sycophants. He represents all of us. Even those of us that can't stand the sight of him. But he sure as hell won't be bothered to act like it. And that's because he's a complete jackass.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I haven't followed the conversation, but if you are lumping Kanye West and Don Trump together, I don't believe that says much positive about Don. Don is the current president of the United States which is the most powerful political position in the most powerful nation in the history of the world, who is charged with protecting the constitution. Undermining the integrity and freedom in the voting process, as he has done many, many times, hurts our country and fans the flames of division. While you are correct - at least you should be correct - Don's behavior - yet again - is hurting this country. He doesn't just represent his flock of sycophants. He represents all of us. Even those of us that can't stand the sight of him. But he sure as hell won't be bothered to act like it. And that's because he's a complete jackass.
Trump is a complete jackass. We agree there. His behavior is often embarrassing. We agree there. My point is that folks on here get all worked up that he will "declare victory" before the counting is done. Who cares? It has zero impact on the actual result! I only used Kanye West to demonstrate how silly the outrage is. FTR - I don't give a crap if Biden "declares victory" before the counting is done either. Won't even register to me.

Go JO JO Go!

justthefacts

Reaction score
Tara Reade
Ivana Trump
E. Jean Carroll
Summer Zervos
Natasha Stoynoff
Kristin Anderson
Alva Johnson
Ninni Laaksonen
Jill Harth
Mariah Billado
Cassandra Searles
Bridget Sullivan
Jessica Drake
Lisa Boyne
Rachel Crooks
Karena Virginia
Temple Taggart
Cathy Heller
Samantha Holvey
Tasha Dixon
Jessica Leeds
Melinda McGillivray

Face The Facts

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
After 5 years of being "appalled" by what Trump said or may have said, him declaring victory on election night before it happens shouldn't be that shocking really.

Characters in the wonderful book, "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" quit believing the kid after the 2nd or 3rd time I believe.

bga1

Reaction score
Posted the odds a while back, current odds below.
Biden​
Trump​
OVERALL
EC Votes​
-175+145
Arizona (AZ)
11​
-130EVEN
Florida (FL)
29​
+120-160
Michigan (MI)
16​
-300+220
Minnesota (MN)
10​
-360+250
North Carolina (NC)
15​
-115-115
Pennsylvania (PA)
-185+140
Wisconsin (WI)
10​
-320+230
Iowa (IA)
6​
+130-170
Georgia (GA)
16​
+120-160
Texas (TX)
38​
+245-350
For reference the -185 number has an implied odds of a 65% chance.

So more than a 2:1 payout for you KGF if you are confident Trump wins MI and WI.

Obviously odds are set for the house to make money but I enjoy betting on sports and tracking the odds, I tend to think they are slightly more reliable than polls. Feel free to ignore if you think odds are a bad indicator of future outcomes.

Seems like AZ and NC both trending towards Trump. Leaving it all on Pennsylvania which has shown to be tightening in the polls lately as well as the odds.

For reference.
BidenTrumpBidenTrump
10/19/202010/19/202010/30/202010/30/2020
Arizona (AZ)-160+120-130EVEN
North Carolina (NC)-130-100-115-115
Pennsylvania (PA)-250+185-185+140
The odds right now are based on the polls. At these odds the smart money will come in at the end- on the Trump side. It is going to be close. This is a 50/50 race but it tilts Biden because of fake polls.

manderson1984

Reaction score
The thought is that it'd be a way to rile up his hardcore followers and it could create some chaos. He's been setting this up for awhile. What could be interesting is if he continues to get the courts involved on things like not counting mail in or early vote ballots.

bga1

Reaction score
Can't wait to see Trumps pardon list at some point too.
I think he may someday pardon Joe and Hillary. Really. I don't think he wants to do damage to the country. You will find, someday, that guys like Manafort were set ups- he was for himself not Trump. I don't see anyone out there right now that is an obvious Trump pardon other than Flynn if justice did not prevail in his case. I know you don't follow this deeply but there never was any Russian collusion by Trump or his team-none. 100% a scam.

The day Manafort was publicly under investigation, Trump said this: "So my campaign manager is a crook. Fire him." Remember Trump never had a defensive briefing on Manafort, it was a set up.

bga1

Reaction score
The thought is that it'd be a way to rile up his hardcore followers and it could create some chaos. He's been setting this up for awhile. What could be interesting is if he continues to get the courts involved on things like not counting mail in or early vote ballots.
Trump supporters won't riot and loot if he loses. We will go back to work. If Biden loses, board up the buildings. The left are sore losers.

Top Bottom