2020 Democrat Presidential Candidate News...

Section2

Reaction score
I'll put 80% on the field. I think Amy would be the most palatable to me and helps deliver Minnesota, but I don't think she excites the Dem's enough. Harris is a minority which helps, but her career as a prosecutor has negatives and California is already a lock, so no benefit there. And we all know Warren's negatives.
In my life, I can never remember a VP pick being among the so called favorites. It's almost always someone out of left field. Now, this time might be different, but there's no way there's an 80% chance it's Amy or Kamala.

Section2

Reaction score
I watched Biden for an hour on TV last night. He was fine. The only "gaffe" I noticed was calling PPE PPP which he immediately corrected.

It was certainly far more coherent than Trump's rambling callf-splatter press conferences that all meander back to the same 6 answers "we have great testing. I put the travel ban on". These little edited videos are just twitter troll BS.
Did you notice when he said 80k people have lost their jobs and millions have died?

Livingat45north

Reaction score
I feel sorry for Biden. There is something seriously wrong with him, and it feels like we are all making fun of a person in need. I would never think that Biden would be a better leader than Trump.
What's really scary is that the mainstream media adores Biden, so we're only seeing the best footage they can find. And this is coming from events where he's reading off of a teleprompter answering questions given to him in advance.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
What's really scary is that the mainstream media adores Biden, so we're only seeing the best footage they can find. And this is coming from events where he's reading off of a teleprompter answering questions given to him in advance.
That's one thing I've been thinking about; if you think it was bad that they gave Hillary the questions in advance, just wait until you see how they handle Grandpa Joe. He'll be spoon fed literally everything they possibly can and there will be an unspoken rule that nobody in the MSM ever challenge him on anything where he may have to go off-script. Softballs all day long, do NOT make him have to think about an answer

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
That's one thing I've been thinking about; if you think it was bad that they gave Hillary the questions in advance, just wait until you see how they handle Grandpa Joe. He'll be spoon fed literally everything they possibly can and there will be an unspoken rule that nobody in the MSM ever challenge him on anything where he may have to go off-script. Softballs all day long, do NOT make him have to think about an answer
The problem for the Dems with that is that he just can’t remember very well. He will HEAVILY rely on one liner phrases, like ”this is all about deflection” and he won’t back it up with any legitimate details. There will be a lot of stuttering.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Did the DNC just announce that they're not going to nominate Biden as their candidate?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Did the DNC just announce that they're not going to nominate Biden as their candidate?

What does "to take Donald Trump" mean? Obviously she misspoke.

All she actually said here is that they're not going to skip the convention and directly nominate Biden.

howeda7

Reaction score

All she actually said here is that they're not going to skip the convention and directly nominate Biden.
She misspoke? She must have dementia too! Is it contagious among D's?

Thank God when Trump rambles incoherently it's part of a brilliant plan to bait the media and leftists and not dementia.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I sure hope their camp assumes they have a path to victory.
Interestingly, the latest CNN poll had Trump ahead in the 15 battleground states, including those mentioned, 52%-45%, even though he was down 51-45 overall states.

I really don’t think it matters much at this point anyway.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
If you aren't sure right now if you're voting for Trump or Biden, do you even deserve a vote??

Anyone who claims they aren't sure, I say is just doing it for attention. Ooo, pay attention to me! I'm a swing voter! Tee hee!

howeda7

Reaction score
Interestingly, the latest CNN poll had Trump ahead in the 15 battleground states, including those mentioned, 52%-45%, even though he was down 51-45 overall states.

I really don’t think it matters much at this point anyway.
The "15 swing states" included CO, VA, New Mexico and MN where recent polls have Biden up double digits. The idea that he can be behind by 7 in these 15 states AND up 5 nationally in the same poll defies logic.

howeda7

Reaction score
Anyone who claims they aren't sure, I say is just doing it for attention. Ooo, pay attention to me! I'm a swing voter! Tee hee!
TV Networks will be desperately hunting them in coffee shops for the next 6 months.

Livingat45north

Reaction score

She says, "we are not nominating Joe Biden in order to take Donald Trump". I'm not exactly sure what that m
The "15 swing states" included CO, VA, New Mexico and MN where recent polls have Biden up double digits. The idea that he can be behind by 7 in these 15 states AND up 5 nationally in the same poll defies logic.
Do you have links for these? I haven't seen a MN poll in a long time.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
It appears that you have a beef with CNN ‘s polling. I didn’t do the poll. I said it “doesn’t matter much at this point anyway”.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Wow, the Biden campaign is pretty sensitive about press they don’t approve of.

Andrew Bates, the Biden campaign’s director of rapid response, responded to Herridge’s report tweeting, “SCOOP: Catherine Herridge is a partisan, rightwing hack who is a regular conduit for conservative media manipulation ploys because she agrees to publicize things before contacting the target to ask for comment.”

One MSM reporter gets out of line and the shit hits the fan. Message to all other MSM, report as we wish, or we’ll trash and try to ruin you.

Where are the cries from the left about infringement of freedom of the press? I thought they said this type of criticism was out of bounds?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
She says, "we are not nominating Joe Biden in order to take Donald Trump". I'm not exactly sure what that m
I’ll make a wild guess that she meant “to take on Donald Trump” .... which again just simply means they’re not going to skip the convention and nominate him directly.

howeda7

Reaction score

Do you have links for these? I haven't seen a MN poll in a long time.
I thought it was included recently when they polled Walz/Trump approval of handling the COVID crisis but I can't find it. Considering Walz was plus 66 and Trump was -25 on that approval, it's hard to imagine Trump polling within single digits.

Meanwhile Biden is +19 in the last Colorado poll, +12 in New Mexico and +10 in VA. Them being included as swing states and it still saying Trump leads by 7 is unlikely. Biden winning the other 35 states by enough to overcome that and lead by 5 is absurd.

howeda7

Reaction score
It appears that you have a beef with CNN ‘s polling. I didn’t do the poll. I said it “doesn’t matter much at this point anyway”.
Either their swing state poll is right or their national poll is. There's no way they both are.

kellyleeks

GH Hall of Fame '10
Reaction score
If you aren't sure right now if you're voting for Trump or Biden, do you even deserve a vote??

I think conservatives wanting to jump from Trump (Mitt Romney types) to Biden, but know his VP might have the job are waiting to see who the VP is.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Either their swing state poll is right or their national poll is. There's no way they both are.
Or there’s the other obvious possibility that Biden has a significant amount of his support coming from highly populated deep blue states, which if polled in proportion to population, could provide those margins. Do you think CNN’s pollster is lying or dumb, or there’s a possibility that you don’t know what you’re talking about?

howeda7

Reaction score
Wow, the Biden campaign is pretty sensitive about press they don’t approve of.

Andrew Bates, the Biden campaign’s director of rapid response, responded to Herridge’s report tweeting, “SCOOP: Catherine Herridge is a partisan, rightwing hack who is a regular conduit for conservative media manipulation ploys because she agrees to publicize things before contacting the target to ask for comment.”

One MSM reporter gets out of line and the shit hits the fan. Message to all other MSM, report as we wish, or we’ll trash and try to ruin you.

Where are the cries from the left about infringement of freedom of the press? I thought they said this type of criticism was out of bounds?
They called a former Fox News reporter right-wing?!? How dare they! Did they call her "nasty" too? Let me get you a fainting couch.

howeda7

Reaction score
Or there’s the other obvious possibility that Biden has a significant amount of his support coming from highly populated deep blue states, which if polled in proportion to population, could provide those margins. Do you think CNN’s pollster is lying or dumb, or there’s a possibility that you don’t know what you’re talking about?
Of course he does, but the math still doesn't work. The only 3 big blue states are CA, NY and IL. Among the other 35 are 22 red states including Texas and only 13 blue states. There is simply no way anyone can lose those mostly large 15 states by 7 and win overall by 5. Impossible.

Last edited:

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Of course he does, but the math still doesn't work. The only 3 big blue states are CA, NY and IL. Among the other 35 are 22 red states including Texas and only 13 blue states. There is simply no way anyone can lose those mostly large 15 states by 7 and win overall by 5. Impossible.
What are you talking about “mostly large 15 states”?

“battleground states, defined as the 15 states decided by 8 points or less in 2016 -- Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.“

You don’t think it’s possible for Trump to be polling the above by +7% (52-45) in those 15 states and for very large blue states to overwhelmingly favor Biden and give him the edge nationally?

Especially considering that CNN has tried to “downplay” their own poll.

Top Bottom