2020 Democrat Presidential Candidate News...

theczar

Reaction score
The guy said he would still vote for Biden..so yes he is a jerk/clown

Hotdish

Reaction score
This Democrat field is straight out of the 70s. They think every problem is solved by government programs, and if anyone does not like government programs then they don't want the problem solved. Sound like a lot of posters here too. They could all use a good lesson in how these "programs" have repeatedly been used over the past 100 years with results ranging from ineffective to destructive failures.
What in the heck are you talking about? Programs such as midnight basketball have been a tremendous success everywhere they’ve been implemented.

Section2

Reaction score
What in the heck are you talking about? Programs such as midnight basketball have been a tremendous success everywhere they’ve been implemented.
This is a federal program?

OldBob53

Reaction score
We don’t know Joe Biden is a good man just b/c he comes off as a ‘regular guy’. I’m not going to conclude something that definitive about a person unless I know them personally. He reflexively responded to that voter very poorly and without control over his emotions. It got worse than the “damn liar” part, walking toward the guy and saying “get your words straight jack” in a threatening manner. That doesn’t make him a bad guy, but it doesn’t make him a “good man” either.

Character is what you do when people don’t see what you’re doing. We don’t often get to see our politicians in those circumstances. But Hunter Biden’s situation calls into question Joe Biden’s character and judgment.
Hunter Biden is a grown 50 year old man and not subject to his father's control.... or are parents now to be held accountable for the actions of their 50 year old kids?

Last edited:

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Hunter Biden is a grown 50 year old man and not subject to his father's control.... or are parents now to be held accountable for the actions of their 50 year old kids?
When they take a position on a corrupt company’s board in a corrupt country and have no experience to suggest they bring anything in the realm of experience to the company and are paid a ridiculously high salary for said lack of expertise and the father is the VP of the US and the point man for relations with that country...yes.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
When they take a position on a corrupt company’s board in a corrupt country and have no experience to suggest they bring anything in the realm of experience to the company and are paid a ridiculously high salary for said lack of expertise and the father is the VP of the US and the point man for relations with that country...yes.
This. Its 100% disingenuous to make a point that a 50 year old man can do whatever he wants. What are the odds that he had that board position on all his own? 0.01%

MplsGopher

Reaction score
You can't use the office of the POTUS to ask for a personal favor against a political rival, which is what he did. That's illegal and impeachable.

bga1

Reaction score
By the standards set for Trump, Joe Biden would have to be impeached on his first day as President (which will not happen), just for what is on tape.

Also, Joe Biden was paid 900k by Burisma for lobbying. This discovered yesterday. Incredibly dirty.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
You can't use the office of the POTUS to ask for a personal favor against a political rival, which is what he did. That's illegal and impeachable.
Says you.

I say the President is compelled by law to make sure that US aid given to a foreign country is only given If that country’s corruption has sufficiently been eliminated. He was justifiably suspicious with that concern. In addition, Trump wanted other European countries to contribute to Ukraine’s military defense, which is also looking out for US interests.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
By the standards set for Trump, Joe Biden would have to be impeached on his first day as President (which will not happen), just for what is on tape.

Also, Joe Biden was paid 900k by Burisma for lobbying. This discovered yesterday. Incredibly dirty.
I haven’t heard that, but if true, it would be “devastating”.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I say the President is compelled by law to make sure that US aid given to a foreign country is only given If that country’s corruption has sufficiently been eliminated. He was justifiably suspicious with that concern.
Fatal flaw with all these arguments: he was never smart enough to think like that in the first place. All these "confuse the issue" hypotheses only ever get cooked up after the fact.

Just because you can introduce any doubt, does not mean such a doubt rises to the level of reasonable doubt.

Human inference/intuition is the most powerful force on earth. I say we unleash it.

MplsGopher

Reaction score

"
1. Joe Biden
Though the race is still up for the taking and there’s no dominant front-runner, it’s worth taking stock in this first December edition of Which Candidate, Narrowly, You Would Want to Be. So at the risk of cannibalizing downstream entries, let’s run through it: Pete Buttigieg is in good shape in the Caucasian principalities of Iowa and New Hampshire but has earned, at best, indifference and, at worst, antipathy in the ensuing states. Bernie Sanders is within striking distance in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada, but has been stuck the entire year in that limbo state of “striking distance.” Elizabeth Warren has been in free-fall for the past month. Maybe, then, you would want to be the candidate who’s not out of it in Iowa or New Hampshire, has held a consistently dominating lead in the early-state contest that feeds into Super Tuesday, just saw a tormentor drop out, and is starting to collect major party-elder endorsements. But go ahead, make fun of Joe Biden’s slogan.

2. Pete Buttigieg
When Pete Buttigieg arrives in Iowa, throngs of hundreds of thousands erupt into choreographed dances on the tarmac before getting on their knees and offering him bushels of their finest corn and soybeans, chanting his name in the solemn tones reserved for a messiah. It must be a shock for him, then, when he goes to the South, as he did this week on a four-day swing through North Carolina, South Carolina, and Alabama, and most people simply don’t know who he is—or worse, they do. During this tour, Buttigieg opted for small meetings with groups of black voters instead of rallies, where in the past he’s run into such optics troubles as having only white people show up in nearly all-black cities. The visit, we suppose, was successful in the “his campaign was able to take pictures and videos of him talking to black people” sense. It wasn’t without some head-scratching lines, though, like: “I have to confess that I was slow to realize, I worked for years under the illusion that our schools in my city were integrated.” Ah, no worries, Mayor P—wait, really?

"

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Yeah, b/c any legislation that he helps to get passed is aligned with conservative principles b/c conservative Republicans in the House and Senate have to agree to it. Duh.

Not to mention conservative leaning Judiciary nominees.
Sorry, but exploding the deficit/debt and pouring billions into social programs for farmers hurt by unwise trade policies have nothing to do with conservative principles.

howeda7

Reaction score
Says you.

I say the President is compelled by law to make sure that US aid given to a foreign country is only given If that country’s corruption has sufficiently been eliminated. He was justifiably suspicious with that concern. In addition, Trump wanted other European countries to contribute to Ukraine’s military defense, which is also looking out for US interests.
Says you.

Trump doesn't give a $%^ about corruption. He is corruption personified. He didn't care whether they investigated anything. Only that they announced it and mentioned the Bidens in doing so.

This has been borne out over a dozen witnesses and you ignore it all and pretend that Trump and his "personal lawyer" Rudy are virtuous corruption fighters. It's beyond absurd and you don't really believe that.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Telling him that he doesn't really believe that, is exactly the same thing as telling him he doesn't really believe Jesus is the son of God.

He has decided it is the truth, and he believes it. He takes pleasure in every rejection he doles to non-believers.

When people sneeze in his vicinity, he says "Trump bless you!"

bga1

Reaction score
Trump doesn't give a $%^ about corruption. He is corruption personified. He didn't care whether they investigated anything. Only that they announced it and mentioned the Bidens in doing so.

This has been borne out over a dozen witnesses and you ignore it all and pretend that Trump and his "personal lawyer" Rudy are virtuous corruption fighters. It's beyond absurd and you don't really believe that.
Rudy has a proven track record of fighting corruption. At some point you will be shocked to learn that Trump has allowed the FBI to use him as an asset for years to nail mobsters. Perhaps Rudy and Trump have teamed up together in the past... :)

Trump is draining the swamp in a big way. Epstein ran free under Obama. Under Trump- arrested (then killed by those with something to hide?). Money laundering is getting hammered with many banks involved world wide: Trump's DOJ. Pedophile and human trafficking rings are being brought to justice at a record pace. The media doesn't talk about any of this- a lot of their friends are involved. They covered for Epstein just like they covered for Weinstein.

howeda7

Reaction score
Rudy has a proven track record of fighting corruption. At some point you will be shocked to learn that Trump has allowed the FBI to use him as an asset for years to nail mobsters. Perhaps Rudy and Trump have teamed up together in the past... :)

Trump is draining the swamp in a big way. Epstein ran free under Obama. Under Trump- arrested (then killed by those with something to hide?). Money laundering is getting hammered with many banks involved world wide: Trump's DOJ. Pedophile and human trafficking rings are being brought to justice at a record pace. The media doesn't talk about any of this- a lot of their friends are involved. They covered for Epstein just like they covered for Weinstein.
Seek help.

Section2

Reaction score

Ever notice that every Howie post about Trump requires Howie's knowledge on what Trump thinks or wants? It's never what he's actually done. And the rare cases where it comes close to be what he has "actually done" requires Howie to reinterpret and reframe those actions.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
As far as candidates dropping out, a lot of that is contingent on fund-raising.

Retail politics only goes so far. to really get the message out, you have to have the money to run ads. Of course, it helps if you are sending out a coherent and consistent message.

Sad but true - the candidate who can raise the most money and run the most TV ads may NOT be the person who is best suited to govern.

I'm not a huge Kamala fan, but I don't think she's any worse than some of the remaining candidates. A poor message will hurt any candidate, but combine a poor message and lack of funds and that's impossible to overcome.

The white millionaires and billionaires are still in the race because of their money - not necessarily because of their skin color. Honestly, given a choice, I would pick Kamala over Bloomberg to run the country. But Bloomberg gets to stay in the race because of money. I thought Kamala made a tactical error by focusing too much on race. Hey, I can see she's black. she doesn't need to tell me. Same thing with Cory Booker. run a good campaign and you can win. See Obama, Barack in the encyclopedia.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score

I'm with howey on this one. One of the reasons Trump got elected was "lock her up, lock her up." He win, and then says hillary is a nice person and doesnt deserve to be locked up. Just one example.

Or how about Trump draining the swamp..............all he did was bring in Bush people, who are even worse than Obama people. And swapped out Citibank people for Goldman people.

And Guliani is no saint

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
As far as candidates dropping out, a lot of that is contingent on fund-raising.

Retail politics only goes so far. to really get the message out, you have to have the money to run ads. Of course, it helps if you are sending out a coherent and consistent message.

Sad but true - the candidate who can raise the most money and run the most TV ads may NOT be the person who is best suited to govern.

I'm not a huge Kamala fan, but I don't think she's any worse than some of the remaining candidates. A poor message will hurt any candidate, but combine a poor message and lack of funds and that's impossible to overcome.

The white millionaires and billionaires are still in the race because of their money - not necessarily because of their skin color. Honestly, given a choice, I would pick Kamala over Bloomberg to run the country. But Bloomberg gets to stay in the race because of money. I thought Kamala made a tactical error by focusing too much on race. Hey, I can see she's black. she doesn't need to tell me. Same thing with Cory Booker. run a good campaign and you can win. See Obama, Barack in the encyclopedia.
This better be a lesser of two evils thing, because Kamala Harris is a piece of $hit

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Telling him that he doesn't really believe that, is exactly the same thing as telling him he doesn't really believe Jesus is the son of God.

He has decided it is the truth, and he believes it. He takes pleasure in every rejection he doles to non-believers.

When people sneeze in his vicinity, he says "Trump bless you!"
One of the stupidest posts on this thread. You’re the winner again. Champion even.

bga1

Reaction score
I'm with howey on this one. One of the reasons Trump got elected was "lock her up, lock her up." He win, and then says hillary is a nice person and doesnt deserve to be locked up. Just one example.

Or how about Trump draining the swamp..............all he did was bring in Bush people, who are even worse than Obama people. And swapped out Citibank people for Goldman people.

And Guliani is no saint
You have no idea what you are talking about on this one JJ. Sorry, man, you are a great poster but behind the scenes, Trump is indeed draining the swamp. That's exactly what is happening, even the impeachment hoax is going to send a number of swampers swirling the drain.

Do you think for one minute that the media is painting an accurate picture of how Trump is draining the swamp?

Last edited:

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
You have no idea what you are talking about on this one JJ. Sorry, man, you are a great poster but behind the scenes, Trump is indeed draining the swamp. That's exactly what is happening, even the impeachment hoax is going to send a number of swampers swirling the drain.

Do you think for one minute that the media is painting an accurate picture of how Trump is draining the swamp?
He's 3 years in. I'm not impressed. He hired John Bolton. I'm having a tough time getting past that

howeda7

Reaction score

"Behind the scenes" he's draining the swamp? You don't believe these lies you tell. He's appointed cronies to positions of power at a rate that puts past Presidents to shame.

howeda7

Reaction score
He's 3 years in. I'm not impressed. He hired John Bolton. I'm having a tough time getting past that
Perhaps appointing Gordon Sondland, who's qualification was that he gave Trump a million bucks, as Ambassador to the EU was a better example of how he's draining the swamp?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
"Behind the scenes" he's draining the swamp? You don't believe these lies you tell. He's appointed cronies to positions of power at a rate that puts past Presidents to shame.
Why do you keep insisting on telling religious believers than they don't believe something?

Do you walk into a Christian church and tell everyone there "come on man, you don't really believe Jesus is the son of God!"

I'm being serious. You know damn well it is exactly the same thing. Exactly. There is no hope for these people. Their brains are 100% switched onto religious thinking, about Trump. So just stop.

Top Bottom