2020 Democrat Presidential Candidate News...

Minnesota

Reaction score
Only six have qualified for the next debate, which means no ethnic diversity in the lineup, just a slate of white millionaires (Mayor Pete being the outlier on the millionaire list). The 20 will quickly drop out, leaving a much smaller number, which will mostly benefit Warren (as the ones dropping out are on the left side of the Blue lineup). Having Kamala, Booker and Castro (and Tulsi if you consider her an ethic minority) not even make it past the early stage of campaigning really throws a wrench into one of the three campaign focal points of the Blues -- that of "if you vote Red you're a racist". The Blues only voting for whites kind of kills that one (BTW, the other two focal points are "if your vote Red you're sexist and/or you're a Russian"). It's a very weak strategy, and it's getting pretty late in the game to take it another direction. They could have done so much better by championing issues that the general populace really cares about (e.g., healthcare, consumer debt, etc.). The racist, sexist, Russian mantra isn't carrying much weight these days. The Red's have a far better list of focal points. Note that a key in Kamala dropping out is that she didn't endorse any candidate. That's a lot of voters that she could have pushed to a candidate that promises her something in return. She's hoping for a VP slot on the eventual ticket or a cabinet post (I think Amy will be the actual VP on the ticket). Each day Kamala's no longer in the race her ability to influence her past supporters quickly dwindles. If after the next debate she throws support for someone, that's a big tell that the super delegates have selected their winner. But again, Amy has a very good shot at being the VP on the ticket -- brings votes from a swing state and attracts the suburban moms.
Sounds like you have something against Jews.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
First, Biden starts from a point of being a competent person who understands how government works. Trump is an incompetent fool on his best day. So even if they are both in decline, Biden will always be more competent. And yes, he will have far better people around him. It will matter a lot who his VP is. He will not get a 2nd term and might not finish one.

That said, I will hold out hope for Amy/Booker/Pete as long as they are in.
You cant be serious about Biden being competent. You just cant be

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
First, Biden starts from a point of being a competent person who understands how government works. Trump is an incompetent fool on his best day. So even if they are both in decline, Biden will always be more competent. And yes, he will have far better people around him. It will matter a lot who his VP is. He will not get a 2nd term and might not finish one.

That said, I will hold out hope for Amy/Booker/Pete as long as they are in.
Hahahahahahahahahaha. I missed this until JJMD replied. Hahahahaha

Gopherlife

Reaction score
AIDS is pretty close to being cured (not b/c of Trump), and significant progress on cancers is always being made (again, regardless of Trump).

But Climate Change? That’s going to take tens of trillions, maybe hundreds, of dollars and complete control over business and private concerns. No problem for Xi Jingliz.
Even that won't do it because the climate will keep changing regardless of what we do.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Somehow, I just don’t think that voters who were supporting Harris are going to switch to Trump or not vote/vote 3rd party (both are the same thing: a vote for Trump).

howeda7

Reaction score
You cant be serious about Biden being competent. You just cant be
He's lost a lot on his fastball but he was certainly more competent to govern in his prime than Trump was on his best day. Can you honestly deny that?

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
He's lost a lot on his fastball but he was certainly more competent to govern in his prime than Trump was on his best day. Can you honestly deny that?
Yes, a thousand times over.

Excuse me, three-zero, three-zero , three-zero times over

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
The whole Harris thing encompasses what always annoys me when it comes to the Left: the identity politics that would assert/insist that her failure is 100% race and gender based. The truth is what a tweet I read this morning quipped: she quit the race before ever explaining why she was running. THAT was the fundamental problem with her campaign to start with...and that's from me--someone who actually liked what she brought to the table in some ways.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Biden just called an Iowa voter and “damn liar”, then challenged him to a push up contest.

Always a standard for Presidential candidates.

Please, please let the Dems nominate Biden.

Come at me bro!

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Biden just called an Iowa voter and “damn liar”, then challenged him to a push up contest.

Always a standard for Presidential candidates.

Please, please let the Dems nominate Biden.

Come at me bro!
Haha, it's funny because it's true. That guy.

Gopherlife

Reaction score
I'm skeptical of the part about governing. I can say he was a competent vote-getter.

OldBob53

Reaction score
At this point it seems Biden is Dem's best hope. He won't scare people with health insurance take-aways and he's seasoned, having spent long years in the Senate and as VP. He does seem a mite distracted at times but he's a good man, a pleasant relief from our current Prince of Darkness.

howeda7

Reaction score
At this point it seems Biden is Dem's best hope. He won't scare people with health insurance take-aways and he's seasoned, having spent long years in the Senate and as VP. He does seem a mite distracted at times but he's a good man, a pleasant relief from our current Prince of Darkness.
They have other options that can say the same and who are under 70, less senile and don't love the taste of their own shoe leather.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
We don’t know Joe Biden is a good man just b/c he comes off as a ‘regular guy’. I’m not going to conclude something that definitive about a person unless I know them personally. He reflexively responded to that voter very poorly and without control over his emotions. It got worse than the “damn liar” part, walking toward the guy and saying “get your words straight jack” in a threatening manner. That doesn’t make him a bad guy, but it doesn’t make him a “good man” either.

Character is what you do when people don’t see what you’re doing. We don’t often get to see our politicians in those circumstances. But Hunter Biden’s situation calls into question Joe Biden’s character and judgment.

bga1

Reaction score
What has Biden done that makes him a good man in your view? Is it his charitable giving history? His clean record of not being involved in any scandals- like setting up his son to receive influence money? Is it the way he gropes women? Or is it because you like the way he got the Ukrainians to fire the prosecutor by threatening to stop the billion in aide? I will say this-standing next to the other Dems, he seems more like a normal person. Maybe that's it...

MplsGopher

Reaction score
We don’t know Joe Biden is a good man just b/c he comes off as a ‘regular guy’. I’m not going to conclude something that definitive about a person unless I know them personally. He reflexively responded to that voter very poorly and without control over his emotions. It got worse than the “damn liar” part, walking toward the guy and saying “get your words straight jack” in a threatening manner. That doesn’t make him a bad guy, but it doesn’t make him a “good man” either.

Character is what you do when people don’t see what you’re doing. We don’t often get to see our politicians in those circumstances. But Hunter Biden’s situation calls into question Joe Biden’s character and judgment.
You want that to be true.

It's not, in the slightest. But you want it to be. And you'll believe it no matter what.

Section2

Reaction score
This Democrat field is straight out of the 70s. They think every problem is solved by government programs, and if anyone does not like government programs then they don't want the problem solved. Sound like a lot of posters here too. They could all use a good lesson in how these "programs" have repeatedly been used over the past 100 years with results ranging from ineffective to destructive failures.

howeda7

Reaction score

Character is what you do when people don’t see what you’re doing
. We don’t often get to see our politicians in those circumstances. But Hunter Biden’s situation calls into question Joe Biden’s character and judgment.
And you think Don Trump is a man of high character?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
And you think Don Trump is a man of high character?
I believe we were talking about Biden. And, I specifically said “I’m not going to conclude something that definitive about a person unless I know them personally”. That would exclude Trump.

I know you’ve got Trump on your mind 24/7, but it is possible to talk about other people.

We can all make educated guesses without knowing someone though. I know where you stand. I’ve already stated on multiple occasions that Trump is a thinned skinned, narcissist, which compels him to act out in some very bad ways. But that’s not good enough for you. You need more. You need help.

howeda7

Reaction score
I believe we were talking about Biden. And, I specifically said “I’m not going to conclude something that definitive about a person unless I know them personally”. That would exclude Trump.

I know you’ve got Trump on your mind 24/7, but it is possible to talk about other people.

We can all make educated guesses without knowing someone though. I know where you stand. I’ve already stated on multiple occasions that Trump is a thinned skinned, narcissist, which compels him to act out in some very bad ways. But that’s not good enough for you. You need more. You need help.
But you're still proudly voting for him to serve four more years as the leader of the free world, right?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
But you're still proudly voting for him to serve four more years as the leader of the free world, right?
Yeah, b/c any legislation that he helps to get passed is aligned with conservative principles b/c conservative Republicans in the House and Senate have to agree to it. Duh.

Not to mention conservative leaning Judiciary nominees.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
This Democrat field is straight out of the 70s. They think every problem is solved by government programs, and if anyone does not like government programs then they don't want the problem solved. Sound like a lot of posters here too. They could all use a good lesson in how these "programs" have repeatedly been used over the past 100 years with results ranging from ineffective to destructive failures.
And just making everything more expensive

Top Bottom