2020 Democrat Presidential Candidate News...

kellyleeks

GH Hall of Fame '10
So that’s what you’ve got on Pete? He’s gay. That’s it? Talk about a nothing-burger deluxe, with extra pickle.

Being gay in America is as innocuous as being German.

The gays won. Some time ago. Bigots had to shift their vileness to trans and bathrooms.
That’s not what “he’s got on Pete”, it is a legitimate concern if he gets the nomination. Do you think that blacks vote for gays at higher rates than other groups? Reading and citing statistics doesn’t make one a bigot.

MplsGopher

So that’s what you’re pinning your hopes on?

That blacks are going to vote against a gay man.

That’s all you have.

Sounds like a winner to me, because that’s a double nothing-burger with extra no-cheese!

kellyleeks

GH Hall of Fame '10
So that’s what you’re pinning your hopes on?

That blacks are going to vote against a gay man.

That’s all you have.

Sounds like a winner to me, because that’s a double nothing-burger with extra no-cheese!
I’m not pinning my hopes on that, just stating a fact. I think Mayor Pete could pull in disenfranchised moderate Republicans.

MplsGopher

It’s not a legitimate concern, in the slightest. Previous data is irrelevant for this election.

It gives me a HUGE smile though, imagining KGF, bga, CRG, et al furiously clicking refresh on their browsers, hoping that daily caller, breitbart, etc will give them something to slander Pete with, on here.

They’ll eventually just make something up.

But for now, the silence is bliss.

KillerGopherFan

I’m not pinning my hopes on that, just stating a fact. I think Mayor Pete could pull in disenfranchised moderate Republicans.
The only political difference between Mayor Pete and the more far left candidates is how fast they want the US to go left, not how far.

Medicare for those who want it is a road to Medicare for all.

MplsGopher

The only political difference between Mayor Pete and the more far left candidates is how fast they want the US to go left, not how far.

Medicare for those who want it is a road to Medicare for all.
Keep clicking that refresh button. Maybe they’ll come up with something decent, that has a chance to stick, for you to fetch back here!

Section2

What is up with Amy’s constant quivering? And my god Liz Warren is the absolute worst. Worse than Bernie. Now she wants to build 3 million new houses, and housing is a problem because only white homes have been subsidized and we need more two bedroom homes, only mansions are being built. She is the most maniacal of all of these candidates and the most destructive. Amy is the voice of reason. But what a disaster this group is.

KillerGopherFan

What is up with Amy’s constant quivering? And my god Liz Warren is the absolute worst. Worse than Bernie. Now she wants to build 3 million new houses, and housing is a problem because only white homes have been subsidized and we need more two bedroom homes, only mansions are being built. She is the most maniacal of all of these candidates and the most destructive. Amy is the voice of reason. But what a disaster this group is.

short ornery norwegian

I watched the first 10 minutes of the debate and then I said "bleep it" and watched Tuesday's episode of "Arrow" on the DVR.

To paraphrase the old QB line, if you have 4 moderators, you don't have a moderator. go back to one moderator, drop all the "gotcha" questions and questions that are designed to get candidates to fight with each other. Heck, how about a debate with no moderator. Couldn't get any worse than what we're getting.

I can't comment on the substance of the debate. I'm not sure there was any substance. FWIW, I watched 10 minutes of the debate, and Biden had at least one big 'senior moment.' I'm a Democrat, and the thought of Biden debating Trump should scare every Democrat. he's just not up to it.

Section2

I watched the first 10 minutes of the debate and then I said "bleep it" and watched Tuesday's episode of "Arrow" on the DVR.

To paraphrase the old QB line, if you have 4 moderators, you don't have a moderator. go back to one moderator, drop all the "gotcha" questions and questions that are designed to get candidates to fight with each other. Heck, how about a debate with no moderator. Couldn't get any worse than what we're getting.

I can't comment on the substance of the debate. I'm not sure there was any substance. FWIW, I watched 10 minutes of the debate, and Biden had at least one big 'senior moment.' I'm a Democrat, and the thought of Biden debating Trump should scare every Democrat. he's just not up to it.
Yes. Let people talk and engage. Control how much time everyone gets by turning off microphones.

OldBob53

Kobluchar is great by me but she's too short to win. The bulk of voters don't weigh much beyond appearances. Trump is popular with 40 percent because he has adopted Reagan's sideways head nod.

MplsGopher

Kobluchar is great by me but she's too short to win. The bulk of voters don't weigh much beyond appearances. Trump is popular with 40 percent because he has adopted Reagan's sideways head nod.
People feel inclined to vote for presidents, but they either don’t have time or will to do much of any research, if any at all.

howeda7

Statistically you're right. But this isn't generic D vs generic R anymore. No one is going to vote Trump because of Klobuchar's height or because Don gives off "dragon energy" (except CRG).

MplsGopher

"
  • Billionaire media mogul and former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg will refuse political donations in his run for president and would not accept the $400,000 presidential salary if he were to win, senior aides told The Associated Press.
  • "He has never taken a political contribution in his life," Bloomberg's chief adviser Howard Wolfson told the AP. "He is not about to start. He cannot be bought."
  • Bloomberg refusing donations means he would not be able to participate in any official Democratic debates.
  • Bloomberg officially announced his run on Saturday.
  • Bloomberg spent $30 million on TV ads last week, The New York Times reported on Friday, which is more than nearly all of the Democratic candidates have spent all year.
"

One thing that's gross about our political machinery, and it's no different in either of the two major parties: pay to play is the name of the game.

One thing I've hated about politics more than anything, in general. That people and/or businesses feel that their wealth should grant them the right to purchase access to and influence over elected politicians.

JimmyJamesMD

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Cecily Strong as Tulsi Gabbard on SNL. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TulsiForPresident?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#TulsiForPresident</a> <br><br>“I want you to know that I smell your fear and it makes me stronger.” <a href="https://t.co/oeCjdn7Ten">pic.twitter.com/oeCjdn7Ten</a></p>&mdash; America for Tulsi (@AmericaforTulsi) <a href="">November 24, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MplsGopher

(side note, man I hope there is an annoucement or something to let people know that they shouldn't be trying to embed Tweets the old way. It adds a bunch of garbled garbage text to the post.)

short ornery norwegian

I'm not sure if this is ironic or funny, but:
Was listening to a show on WCCO radio. The host said she does not take sides or identify with any major party, but if she had to choose, she is more of a Libertarian. She went on to say that she evaluates all the candidates fairly and votes for the best candidate.

About 20 minutes later, while discussing the the last Dem Debate, she said, and I quote, "None of the candidates are likeable."

Good thing she's not taking sides.

Section2

I'm not sure if this is ironic or funny, but:
Was listening to a show on WCCO radio. The host said she does not take sides or identify with any major party, but if she had to choose, she is more of a Libertarian. She went on to say that she evaluates all the candidates fairly and votes for the best candidate.

About 20 minutes later, while discussing the the last Dem Debate, she said, and I quote, "None of the candidates are likeable."

Good thing she's not taking sides.
If you’re a libertarian, they aren’t likable.

Top Bottom