2020 Democrat Presidential Candidate News...

Reaction score
I think lost in the shuffle here is everyone believes there is only one swamp. There are republican swaps and democrat swamps. Trump might be against D swamps, but has literally hired members of the R swamp
There’s no discernible difference between the likes of Romney, Sasse, the Bushes, Clinton Obama Schumer and their myrmidons. They’re opposing sides of the same coin. They went to the same Ivy League schools, belonged to the same fraternities, where the same suits, go to the same Georgetown cocktail parties. They love schmoes like you who are dense to see it.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Of course he has! That's the hiring pool. If you hire people from outside of the DC swamp you have someone that is going to be swimming upstream with everything they do and they will not know the workings. If you hire someone inside the Beltway you going to have swamp tendencies whether they are D or R.

The longer anyone stays in the government, the more likely they get sucked into the swamp...D or R. That tends to favor the Ds because their policies favor centralized government power. So you are going to always see the swamp critters rebel against a chain breaker like Trump who doesn't have allegiances to the swamp and in fact, wants to break the swamp up.
I hate that excuse though. Hate it. Then hire total outsiders, Hire people with integrity. I dont understand why you would hire anyone from the swamp.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
There’s no discernible difference between the likes of Romney, Sasse, the Bushes, Clinton Obama Schumer and their myrmidons. They’re opposing sides of the same coin. They went to the same Ivy League schools, belonged to the same fraternities, where the same suits, go to the same Georgetown cocktail parties. They love schmoes like you who are dense to see it.
And Trump is right there with them

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I hate that excuse though. Hate it. Then hire total outsiders, Hire people with integrity. I dont understand why you would hire anyone from the swamp.
I don’t understand how you could possibly believe electing someone with zero experience in government could have a positive effect on ... well, anything. First and foremost, the quality of life and well-being of you and your family.

bga1

Reaction score
I don’t understand how you could possibly believe electing someone with zero experience in government could have a positive effect on ... well, anything. First and foremost, the quality of life and well-being of you and your family.
But amazingly- that's exactly what Trump has done- improve the life of the common American. Wages up. Unemployment down. Taxes down. Inflation low. Stock market/401ks - high. Minority employment- way up. New wars- none. Consumer confidence- high.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
But amazingly- that's exactly what Trump has done- improve the life of the common American. Wages up. Unemployment down. Taxes down. Inflation low. Stock market/401ks - high. Minority employment- way up. New wars- none. Consumer confidence- high.
None of which he, in of himself being himself and doing it in his way, is responsible for. Any R president would’ve done the same, probably better results too.

howeda7

Reaction score
To be fair to Don, it's hard to do that if you don't know any.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Quid pro Joe was the only one with a chance in Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. That went down the sh!t chute with the 50,000 a month payment to his loser kid. “The Lunch Pail Joe” schtick isn’t going to play anymore in Wilkes Barre and Moon township.
Love your posts, keep 'em coming.

Disagree on Quid Pro Joe though. Quid Pro Joe never had a chance in Ohio, PA or Wisconsin. You think blue collar voters who voted Trump in 2016 would come back to the D's for Joe Biden? Those voters are gone, forever. Trump has them making more money, paying less taxes, economy's great & Trump's made it ok again to be blue collar. He's also building the wall, defeated ISIS & is working his nuts off to renegotiate the trade deals that killed their states. There's not a single thing Joe Biden does better than Donald Trump in the eyes of the blue collar, Midwestern voter. Biden was a pacer. They knew he'd fade.

bga1

Reaction score
None of which he, in of himself being himself and doing it in his way, is responsible for. Any R president would’ve done the same, probably better results too.
Sounds like you at least agree that voting R is a smarter choice. That's progress!

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
'Things a Communist would say' for $500 Alex.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Sounds like you at least agree that voting R is a smarter choice. That's progress!
This is not a denial of Trump not being responsible for any of the things you listed.

Last edited:

howeda7

Reaction score
Hey man, I’d vote for any of them over that orange ba___rd.

It’s not my fault that certain candidates are faltering while others could just never catch on.
Didn't say it was anyone's fault. But Warren and Bernie are Trump's best chance to squeak by.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Already reported by howeda, but thought the graph was really cool and so I would share it directly here:

https://www.vox.com/2019/10/8/20905274/elizabeth-warren-frontrunner-democratic-nomination-2020

Interesting showing the up's and down's of various candidates.

I think people have started figuring out that Biden and Sanders are too risky, for various reasons, and that none of the others have accumulated enough support to be viable, even if they're better candidates on paper.

Harris really had a moment .... but just could not convert it into long-term support. That seems pretty telling, about her chances.

Obviously the story will kick into high gear with the primaries.

Section2

Reaction score
Already reported by howeda, but thought the graph was really cool and so I would share it directly here:

https://www.vox.com/2019/10/8/20905274/elizabeth-warren-frontrunner-democratic-nomination-2020

Interesting showing the up's and down's of various candidates.

I think people have started figuring out that Biden and Sanders are too risky, for various reasons, and that none of the others have accumulated enough support to be viable, even if they're better candidates on paper.

Harris really had a moment .... but just could not convert it into long-term support. That seems pretty telling, about her chances.

Obviously the story will kick into high gear with the primaries.
An 80 year old communist who just had a heart attack coming in 3rd place really says all that needs to be said about this field.

Section2

Reaction score
New front runner:

Uh oh..

But no, CNN to the rescue . Straight down the middle, you can trust them.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
New front runner:

Uh oh..

I think she's dreamy. They should just end this dog-and-pony today and name her the nominee. She's just plain awesome

Section2

Reaction score
Not currently running, but potential to run if Trump can troll her into doing so. More defense of serial abusers from the Hilldawg, yuck

MplsGopher

Reaction score
New front runner:

Uh oh..

I’m quite certain that this — whatever this blathering is about — will not convince a person who has already decided not to vote for Trump to now vote for him, nor will it convince a person who has already decided to vote for Trump to now not vote for him.

That’s 99.9% of all people who will cast a POTUS vote.

Section2

Reaction score
I’m quite certain that this — whatever this blathering is about — will not convince a person who has already decided not to vote for Trump to now vote for him, nor will it convince a person who has already decided to vote for Trump to now not vote for him.

That’s 99.9% of all people who will cast a POTUS vote.
Exactly. Thank you for saying so. Which wipes out 98% of the bull$hit about Trump as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

balds

Reaction score
It's more clear everyday, why the absolute frenzy to get rid of Trump prior to the election. They are dead certain they don't have anybody that won't get destroyed in a Presidential election vs. Trump.

Top Bottom