2020 Democrat Presidential Candidate News...

Dean S

YOu are the one that looks like a fool choking down everything the Ds say. You need to take a step back and think about this one.
I was choking down this narrative in May before the election. Everyone in the intelligence community was doing the potty dance trying to not disclose that the need was urgent and that they had to reveal who was doing what for whom. It was the Russians and they did aid Trump's election. And, finally, in an act of patriotism, the Intelligence community is peeing all over Trump for being the unpatriotic twit that he happens to be. I feel for you if you were duped into following this chuggernaut into the hallucinogenic fantasy that he spins every day for himself and the nation. I really do.

As I have said in the past, I could easily have voted for him. In fact I had to write myself a contract on my refrigerator door reminding me that I had no choice but to vote for Hillary against my better judgement, knowing full well how Trump was simply so overtly sleezy and in bed with the Russians, I had to vote against my normal wishes.

What I can't stand now, is how the American public, including you, continue to follow the Russian narrative. The only way to avoid the Russian narrative is to stop reading things like Infowars, that idiot reporter Solomon, and anything that Steve Bannon puts together. They are conduits to the FSB.

KillerGopherFan

That idiot Solomon is the guy that reported and documented all the disfunction between Federal investigation and intelligence agencies after 9/11.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Solomon_(political_commentator)

Awards

Solomon has received a number of prestigious awards for investigative journalism, among them the 2008 Robert F. Kennedy Journalism Award and the Society of Professional Journalists' National Investigative Award together with CBS News' 60 Minutes for Evidence of Injustice;[4][45] in 2002, the Associated Press's Managing Editors Enterprise Reporting Award for What The FBI Knew Before Sept. 11, 2001, and the Gramling Journalism Achievement Award for his coverage of the war on terrorism;[45] in 1992, the White House Correspondents' Association's Raymond Clapper Memorial Award for an investigative series on Ross Perot.[46]

howeda7

That idiot Solomon is the guy that reported and documented all the disfunction between Federal investigation and intelligence agencies after 9/11.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Solomon_(political_commentator)

Awards

Solomon has received a number of prestigious awards for investigative journalism, among them the 2008 Robert F. Kennedy Journalism Award and the Society of Professional Journalists' National Investigative Award together with CBS News' 60 Minutes for Evidence of Injustice;[4][45] in 2002, the Associated Press's Managing Editors Enterprise Reporting Award for What The FBI Knew Before Sept. 11, 2001, and the Gramling Journalism Achievement Award for his coverage of the war on terrorism;[45] in 1992, the White House Correspondents' Association's Raymond Clapper Memorial Award for an investigative series on Ross Perot.[46]
Plenty of folks who now do nothing but grovel and lick Trump's shoes were once honorable folks.

bottlebass

Main Member
I was choking down this narrative in May before the election. Everyone in the intelligence community was doing the potty dance trying to not disclose that the need was urgent and that they had to reveal who was doing what for whom. It was the Russians and they did aid Trump's election. And, finally, in an act of patriotism, the Intelligence community is peeing all over Trump for being the unpatriotic twit that he happens to be. I feel for you if you were duped into following this chuggernaut into the hallucinogenic fantasy that he spins every day for himself and the nation. I really do.

As I have said in the past, I could easily have voted for him. In fact I had to write myself a contract on my refrigerator door reminding me that I had no choice but to vote for Hillary against my better judgement, knowing full well how Trump was simply so overtly sleezy and in bed with the Russians, I had to vote against my normal wishes.

What I can't stand now, is how the American public, including you, continue to follow the Russian narrative. The only way to avoid the Russian narrative is to stop reading things like Infowars, that idiot reporter Solomon, and anything that Steve Bannon puts together. They are conduits to the FSB.
I haven't read any of that. I don't even read the info war links that the fellas post here, it's all garbage. I don't believe much of the fantasy that Trump spins daily but there is something to this deep state and the constant "I gotcha's" from the Ds that continue to be giant nothing burgers.

JimmyJamesMD

I haven't read any of that. I don't even read the info war links that the fellas post here, it's all garbage. I don't believe much of the fantasy that Trump spins daily but there is something to this deep state and the constant "I gotcha's" from the Ds that continue to be giant nothing burgers.
+1

If you just take a step back and look at the constant ambush by the D's in Congress, it should make you question the narrative.

That's not to say Trump isn't corrupt and there's not anything wrong with him. But you need to separate the two.

MplsGopher

There is indeed something to it: Trump not acting like a POTUS, and constantly shocking everyone off their chairs with the weekly crazy stuff he does and says.

MplsGopher

As much as I want Bernie to drop out of the race, because I don't believe he is electable, I guess the following reader write-in published in the StarTrib today sounds right:

If you’re wondering whether Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders’ heart episode and the installation of two stents should knock him out of the 2020 election, I can only say that many people experience this very same condition at much younger ages than his and have quick and complete recoveries (“Sanders recovering, will join in next debate,” Oct. 4). In the late fall of 2017, I had been having similar symptoms — lightheadedness, shortness of breath, achy chest. I was sent to Abbott Hospital on Dec. 7, just weeks before my 66th birthday, and doctors discovered 95% blockage in a main artery. I had four stents installed that day, and after a short rehab period (about three weeks), I resumed all my usual activities, including basketball, weightlifting and snow shoveling.

If you think Bernie is too old to be president, or if you prefer another candidate for political reasons, then vote for someone else. I don’t think, however, that this stent surgery should have any bearing on your voting decision. To me, it’s a nonfactor.

I just don't think Bernie can do anything other than be a spoiler.

bga1

There is indeed something to it: Trump not acting like a POTUS, and constantly shocking everyone off their chairs with the weekly crazy stuff he does and says.
So that's your legal predicate for taking out Trump? He doesn't act like a POTUS? Well it's about time that a President stopped with the political baloney and went straight to the American people with what he really thinks. I guess you prefer it when the President talks really nicely and then has his propaganda minister (let's say Ben Rhodes) build an echo chamber (his own words) in the press to spread lies.

Trump is radioactive to the swamp rats. He’s the great disrupter. Just follow the money, 5 of the 6 richest counties in the country surround the DC beltway. What is produced there? Is it a Silicon Valley or a Bakken reservoir? Many of these bureaucrats are making six figure incomes. Trump knows we have a federal government we don’t need and can’t afford. The swamp rats have too much to lose and will fight him tooth and nail.

MplsGopher

Trump is radioactive to the swamp rats. He’s the great disrupter. Just follow the money, 5 of the 6 richest counties in the country surround the DC beltway. What is produced there? Is it a Silicon Valley or a Bakken reservoir? Many of these bureaucrats are making six figure incomes. Trump knows we have a federal government we don’t need and can’t afford. The swamp rats have too much to lose and will fight him tooth and nail.
Actually there are a lot of companies. Medical research and military defense technology.

howeda7

If he's disrupting it, it's only to re-direct the swamp flow to people in his own orbit.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Hillary will announce she's running. It's the only way she can deflect the corruption that's being uncovered in Ukraine. She'll help propagate the "He's attacking his political rivals" narrative. Hell Mitt Romney might make a run in the primary for the same reason.

howeda7

What is the latest someone had announced for POTUS and won a nomination from either DNC or GOP?
Before primaries they were picked at the convention, and I believe in a few cases a compromise candidate who was not even running at the beginning was picked. I'm not sure what the latest is in the modern primaries though. I don't think anyone who wasn't in for at least the 1st primary has ever won.

howeda7

Hillary will announce she's running. It's the only way she can deflect the corruption that's being uncovered in Ukraine. She'll help propagate the "He's attacking his political rivals" narrative. Hell Mitt Romney might make a run in the primary for the same reason.
Lol. Not happening. I bet you can get odds on that in Vegas though. Go cash in.

MplsGopher

Before primaries they were picked at the convention, and I believe in a few cases a compromise candidate who was not even running at the beginning was picked. I'm not sure what the latest is in the modern primaries though. I don't think anyone who wasn't in for at least the 1st primary has ever won.
I meant modern. OK, I guess there’s still time for the first primary...

bga1

I maintain that the only person who could get in now and win is Michelle O. and she's not going to.
I think you are actually right! I have been trying to catch you posting correctly on the OTB site for a few years.... mission accomplished.

Biden is toast.
Bernie never had a chance.
Pochahontas has very little chance. Her agenda kills the Dems in a lot of states. She loses the states that Hillary did.
Still hoping for Amy? :) I can just hear the rumblings of a huge groundswell of support for her. Imagine the crowds when she speaks and electrifies the arena!

KillerGopherFan

Have to agree with howie on this one. Neither is going to happen. Mitt Romney is enjoying his role of being a pain in the ass for Trump and he would only do a little better than the 3 Stooges currently running (if you can call it that) against Trump for the nomination.

JimmyJamesMD

I think lost in the shuffle here is everyone believes there is only one swamp. There are republican swaps and democrat swamps. Trump might be against D swamps, but has literally hired members of the R swamp

I think you are actually right! I have been trying to catch you posting correctly on the OTB site for a few years.... mission accomplished.

Biden is toast.
Bernie never had a chance.
Pochahontas has very little chance. Her agenda kills the Dems in a lot of states. She loses the states that Hillary did.
Still hoping for Amy? :) I can just hear the rumblings of a huge groundswell of support for her. Imagine the crowds when she speaks and electrifies the arena!
Quid pro Joe was the only one with a chance in Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. That went down the sh!t chute with the 50,000 a month payment to his loser kid. “The Lunch Pail Joe” schtick isn’t going to play anymore in Wilkes Barre and Moon township.

bga1

I think lost in the shuffle here is everyone believes there is only one swamp. There are republican swaps and democrat swamps. Trump might be against D swamps, but has literally hired members of the R swamp
Of course he has! That's the hiring pool. If you hire people from outside of the DC swamp you have someone that is going to be swimming upstream with everything they do and they will not know the workings. If you hire someone inside the Beltway you going to have swamp tendencies whether they are D or R.

The longer anyone stays in the government, the more likely they get sucked into the swamp...D or R. That tends to favor the Ds because their policies favor centralized government power. So you are going to always see the swamp critters rebel against a chain breaker like Trump who doesn't have allegiances to the swamp and in fact, wants to break the swamp up.

Top Bottom