2019 College Football Coach Fired/Hired Thread

U2Gopher

Reaction score
Mike Leach has interviewed at Mississippi State and apparently the job is his if he wants it. Could you imagine Leach and Kiffen in the same state competing against one another? Get your popcorn ready if that happens.

Having said that, will be much harder to win At Mississippi State than at Wazzou. If I’m Leach, I’m staying in Spokane.

bfriedrichs10

Reaction score
Mike Leach has interviewed at Mississippi State and apparently the job is his if he wants it. Could you imagine Leach and Kiffen in the same state competing against one another? Get your popcorn ready if that happens.

Having said that, will be much harder to win At Mississippi State than at Wazzou. If I’m Leach, I’m staying in Spokane.
Pullman. Spokane is Gonzaga.

Winning is theoretically easier in the Pac 12, but the SEC is the SEC. Tough call.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Yeah, Pullman is truely out in the middle of nowhere in eastern Washington, near the Idaho border (coincidentally where the U of Idaho is located). Spokane is 75 road miles away, and that's not a great commute even if conditions are good. Can get very snowy in the winter.

Very interesting parallels in Leach's tenure at Texas Tech and Washington St, if he indeed leaves. At Tech, he went eight seasons winning no more than 9 games, before having a break out year, co-champ of the division but didn't make the conf champ game, then had a regression year before leaving. At Wazzou, he went six seasons winning no more than 9 games, before having a break out year, co-champ of the division but didn't make the conf champ game, then had a regression year ....

If he does leave, wonder if Wazzou would take a look at Craig Bohl of Wyoming (formally NDSU). Would bring an offense that is a big change-up for the spread pass happy PAC, with a hard-nosed inside running game that often utilizes a true fullback. Very similar to what Kliemann is doing at K-State in the similarly spread pass happy Big XII.

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score

Well Leach is a hell of a lot more likeable than Kiffin ... especially after Kiffin hired Durkin...

MplsGopher

Reaction score
The new football complex at UNLV is quite impressive. http://fertittafootballcomplex.unlvrebels.com/renderings.html

I'm sure Fertitta and UNLV boosters love to dream about being the PAC. Would be a good market to pickup, along with San Diego and SDSU. California higher-ed politics might play nice to get a CSU campus into the PAC, as well.

Major problem with both, of course, is that the research levels aren't there. Will take some time and major investment to bring them up to that level.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
The new football complex at UNLV is quite impressive. http://fertittafootballcomplex.unlvrebels.com/renderings.html

I'm sure Fertitta and UNLV boosters love to dream about being the PAC. Would be a good market to pickup, along with San Diego and SDSU. California higher-ed politics might play nice to get a CSU campus into the PAC, as well.

Major problem with both, of course, is that the research levels aren't there. Will take some time and major investment to bring them up to that level.
Fertitta has his name on the outside, but kudos to John and Jane Smith for getting their names on every room on the inside.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Wow. When was the last time a HC went P5 to P5?

WHB Brewer

Reaction score
Wow. When was the last time a HC went P5 to P5?
2yrs ago happened multiple times
Dan Mullen.... Miss.St to Florida
Jumbo Fischer Florida st to Texas A&M
Willie Taggert Oregon to Florida St

Mitu

Reaction score
Phenomenal get for Wazzu, especially with the timing of this happening. I really feel for the Rainbow Warriors though, was a homecoming for Rolo and I’m sure they were hoping they could keep him for longer.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Ugh. I hate Baylor and wish them nothing but failure.

I hope if there is another big round of conference alignment that consolidates the power conferences into four, that Baylor is left on the outside looking in, and forced to go independent in football to maintain a semblance of being "better" than the G teams, like BYU had to do.

Top Bottom