10 people killed in Colorado supermarket shooting, including a police officer

Wally

Reaction score
I'm not a gun guy, but why would I care if you want to buy that? If it's legal & you can pass the existing background check, knock yourself out.

Never said you would care. I'm not really a gun guy either as its not a practical hobby where I live, if I lived somewhere I could shoot it would be better. Who doesn't fantasize about being Rambo.
😎

These stats are impressive.
BMG 50, bullet only drops 12in in a mile. Will shoot right thru an engine block.

golf

Reaction score
This link uses John Lott's data. John Lott's research has a very controversial reputation. It's easy to manipulate the statistics through choices of definition of these events.

65iGR79.png

zUX79fu.png

Even just going to his organization's site tells you all you need to know about his agenda:

t3dAfDsm.png

In short, John Lott is not a serious researcher

Oh, thanks. That part is ancillary to my main point in the post but will check it out.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I mean, the guy bought a gun that had been illegal until a court struck down the law based on a lawsuit from gun organizations 10 days prior. So, yeah
I think you missed the point. It’s about the media, not the criminal act.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Agree. This goes both ways at least to some extent. Unfortunately one side has a much bigger mouthpiece than the other.

I am going to venture though that right media is much more willing to report evenhandedly. For example, the jan 6 riot saw widespread right media condemnation. Conversely, this summer's looting/burning of cities saw very little left media condemnation.
Here we go again!!! Normalizing, normalizing, normalizing...

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Except the media's message is now accurate, so...

I also think "white guy commits hate crimes" was more of a conservative dream than a prevalent narrative
The media knows when it has to backpedal faster than a lefty of GH.

Wally

Reaction score
The media knows when it has to backpedal faster than a lefty of GH.

Lol, Who cares?
The media likes to harp on the fact that white males are the mass shooters who kill at random, that is true in the vast majority of cases. This guy is white in my book, you can classify him however you want.

I support the right to bear arms because I want the ability to kill people, lots of people if I need to.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Besides this thread, which is an interesting read, start to finish.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
No need to get into specific shade....but he definitely meets the republican standards for voting.
Well, the person pictured did win 97.29,97.6 and 88.7 percent of the vote the last three times he ran due to some REALLY tight voter ID requirements.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I figured the President of Syria would be pretty Syrian looking.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Do you have a real example of the behavior your cartoon suggests?
Yeah, it took a couple minutes on DuckDuckGo, but here’s one. CNN.

“LUCY KAFANOV, CNN: We know that the suspect is in custody. He was injured. They have not released any details about who he was, but we did see footage of a White man. He was wearing shorts. No shoes, no shirt. He seemed to be bleeding down his leg and he was handcuffed.

In other words, CNN told you: "We don't really know anything about what just happened, but we do think a 'White man' did it." That was CNN's first observation. What they cared about most was the gunman's race. To CNN, that was the all-important thing; not the 10 people lying dead or the grieving children they left behind. No, the shooter's skin color.”

Can I get a Like from MplsGopher too?

Top Bottom