10 people killed in Colorado supermarket shooting, including a police officer

Section2

Reaction score
I agree with you on this one, but read this thread above from the beginning. People are actually debating his whiteness and religion, as if they have something to do with this.
Only with respect to the fact that he was arrested alive. This guy is mentally ill. Doesn’t sound like a terrorist to me. Actually seems similar to the Atlanta shooter. They are both losers.
But CO shooter is probably here because Joe Biden bombed his country. So maybe we should stop doing that.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Only with respect to the fact that he was arrested alive. This guy is mentally ill. Doesn’t sound like a terrorist to me. Actually seems similar to the Atlanta shooter. They are both losers.
But CO shooter is probably here because Joe Biden bombed his country. So maybe we should stop doing that.
Michael Dougherty, Boulder County district attorney, said Alissa is a resident of Arvada, between Boulder and Denver, who has "lived most of his life in the United States."
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/23/us/boulder-colorado-shooting-suspect/index.html

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
And not that it matters, but the 911 caller reported him as "a White male". So, for the purposes of the police response, he was White.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Working overtime on the whitey angle.......not that it matters.

golf

Reaction score
I’m an avid hunter and value all of my firearms. Until someone can convince me that firearms can be kept away from criminals, I don’t know how you can justify taking them away from law abiding citizens. Fully and Semi automatic weapons are a different story but my argument for banning them leads me right back to the same conundrum.

Maybe the real reason the Gun Control debate is so hotly contested is that neither Party has the perfect solution. I sure as hell don’t.

Yeah, my understanding is about 100 people die yearly due to mass shooting while about 15,000 die each year due to homicide. Seems to me much more important to approach this issue from a mental health angle or increase the number of cops angle rather than a "take away guns" or "limit the capability of guns" angle.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
UNIDENTIFIED PERSON #1: Looks like we have an active shooter. It's a white male, middle-aged, dark hair, beard, black vest, short-sleeved shirt seen in front of the King Soopers; shot out a window of a van. And he pursued a man towards Broadway.

Wally

Reaction score
Yeah, my understanding is about 100 people die yearly due to mass shooting while about 15,000 die each year due to homicide. Seems to me much more important to approach this issue from a mental health angle or increase the number of cops angle rather than a "take away guns" or "limit the capability of guns" angle.

The suicides are my favorite, you only need a single shot for those. Right Spoof.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

golf

Reaction score
The suicides are my favorite, you only need a single shot for those. Right Spoof.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yeah, yearly abour 25,000 suicides, 15,000 homicides, 100 mass murder deaths. Kind of puts it in perspective.

justthefacts

Reaction score

This response seems very logical, but 2 key points:

1) There's a mountain of evidence that fewer guns leads to fewer homicides.

2) The same people who oppose stricter gun laws also oppose allowing the CDC to study guns.

3) The people who oppose stricter gun laws never actually propose any new mental health legislation

golf

Reaction score
This response seems very logical, but 2 key points:

1) There's a mountain of evidence that fewer guns leads to fewer homicides.

2) The same people who oppose stricter gun laws also oppose allowing the CDC to study guns.

3) The people who oppose stricter gun laws never actually propose any new mental health legislation

Of course fewer guns lead to less gun deaths. My point is that this should be talked about in terms of the 15000 and 25000 numbers, not in terms of the 100 number.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Of course fewer guns lead to less gun deaths. My point is that this should be talked about in terms of the 15000 and 25000 numbers, not in terms of the 100 number.
I actually agree with that sentiment. It is probably unlikely that proposed, feasible gun laws could prevent most mass shooting. But the daily drum beat of 1, 2, 3 or 4 people being killed in gun violence doesn't capture the attention of politicians.

The technical definition of mass shooting is 4 or more people injured or killed. With that definition these happen literally almost every day in America, but no one notices https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

The larger mass shootings may be a poor emblem for driving change, but they seem to be the only one we have.

Spoofin

Reaction score
🤣🤣🤣🤣
I can honestly say I have no idea why the hell you mentioned me in this post. Not sure I have ever mentioned suicides on here. You really are losing it Wally.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
But yes, Burner, my exact point is that you are far more likely to be a victim of violence by someone you know. But that doesn't make headlines.

howeda7

Reaction score
Yeah, yearly abour 25,000 suicides, 15,000 homicides, 100 mass murder deaths. Kind of puts it in perspective.
And reasonable gun control reform would reduce all of those #'s to some extent.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Or does 40000 become not a big deal?
I agree. None are acceptable. Let's add more guns and make them easier to acquire. It's too difficult now and I bet you can't find a country with more restrictive gun laws that has better numbers than the US.

golf

Reaction score
Good points. The problem is if we focus on the 100 per year killed by mass shootings we may be led to think the solution is to modify or eliminate certain types of guns. Which may or may not help with the 100 while not doing much about the 25000 and 15000. Anyway sounds like we pretty much agree on this. Seems to me focusing more police in the areas where most murders are occurring would be a good place to start.

Top Bottom