10 people killed in Colorado supermarket shooting, including a police officer

Wally

Reaction score
What a load. I am all for stricter gun control laws, yet I didn’t feel the need to make some classless joke after 10 people were killed. Then again, you wish people dead on here daily so.....

You vote for people who support more guns, so.......

Yea I'm the bad guy. ROTFLMAO....

Wally

Reaction score
Didnt Colorado adopt many of the Dem gun control measures already?

I wouldn't call them super strict.

Current laws in Colorado include universal background checks, a large capacity magazine ban and a "red flag" law that allows weapons to be temporarily seized from those deemed an extreme risk.

Wally

Reaction score
"Fiery but peaceful" lol look at the mpls reaction to all of this, city is terrified of more unrest. Jurors afraid to serve on trial because they fear for their life. Nothing to see here.

Now city takes it seriously and your somehow mad about that. Pathetic

BarnBurner

Reaction score

Current laws in Colorado include universal background checks, a large capacity magazine ban and a "red flag" law that allows weapons to be temporarily seized from those deemed an extreme risk.
Are these the Dem gun control measures and were they adopted in CO? Yes or no.

And no one asked about them being strict or not.

GopherBlood666

Reaction score
Now city takes it seriously and your somehow mad about that. Pathetic
Throwing cash at the problem won't make it go away. The normalization of destruction during the summer is still having lasting affects right now. The city is doing nothing for the citizens adjacent to the autonomous zone, they wouldn't even allow police in to a assist a shooting victim that died within the last 2 weeks. Jurors are still afraid. What are they doing that shows they are taking this seriously? They responded to the Floyd incident by removing resources that could help with safer policing, crime skyrocketed during the summer. How am I pathetic for being concerned about the normalization of rioting? Ask Portland, demonstrators have been attacking the same federal courthouse since June. No one seems to care about that though because justice or something.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Throwing cash at the problem won't make it go away. The normalization of destruction during the summer is still having lasting affects right now. The city is doing nothing for the citizens adjacent to the autonomous zone, they wouldn't even allow police in to a assist a shooting victim that died within the last 2 weeks. Jurors are still afraid. What are they doing that shows they are taking this seriously? They responded to the Floyd incident by removing resources that could help with safer policing, crime skyrocketed during the summer. How am I pathetic for being concerned about the normalization of rioting? Ask Portland, demonstrators have been attacking the same federal courthouse since June. No one seems to care about that though because justice or something.
Wallace is A-OK with destruction for some, and ignoring laws for some. WALLACE is A-OK with law breakers not allowing emergency services to a gun shot victim.

Wally

Reaction score
Your guess is incorrect, as usual.

So I guess you don't mind a few mass shootings a week, because that is our current normal.

I have accepted it as the price we pay for having guns. Just like more deadly accidents are the price we pay for driving 70 on the freeway. It is what it is, bummer those people died. Its out of my control so I don't worry about it.

Wally

Reaction score
As always, the thing to do for any specific mass shooting is to ask the question: what law would it have taken to reasonably had a chance to prevent this?

What law would stop a guy with basically no criminal record from doing this? None that are proposed would stop it.

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
What law would stop a guy with basically no criminal record from doing this? None that are proposed would stop it.
What about mental health?

If you want to own an assault weapon (via definition X,Y,Z .. that's not part of the argument, just set some definition), you have to get an initial mental screening passed, and then resubmit every ___ time period.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
So I guess you don't mind a few mass shootings a week, because that is our current normal.

I have accepted it as the price we pay for having guns. Just like more deadly accidents are the price we pay for driving 70 on the freeway. It is what it is, bummer those people died. Its out of my control so I don't worry about it.
Ignoring law breakers not allowing emergency personnel to a gunshot victim wont make it go away, WALLACE!!!

Nice try.

Wally

Reaction score
Ignoring law breakers not allowing emergency personnel to a gunshot victim wont make it go away, WALLACE!!!

Nice try.

Why didn't you go down and enforce the law. Citizens arrest...🤣🤣🤣

cncmin

Reaction score
What about mental health?

If you want to own an assault weapon (via definition X,Y,Z .. that's not part of the argument, just set some definition), you have to get an initial mental screening passed, and then resubmit every ___ time period.
Never going to happen, and moreover, government determining one's state of "mental health" provides a foothold for all kinds of terrible autocracy.

Universal background checks and an assault weapons ban both seem reasonable, and both are heavily supported by our citizens. They won't stop all of these mass murders, but, like drunk driving laws have done, they will stop a solid portion of them.

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
Never going to happen, and moreover, government determining one's state of "mental health" provides a foothold for all kinds of terrible autocracy.
Huh? No.
You just need to visit a licensed, private or part of a health-system psychologist to have a "general mental wellbeing" screen done. These are not government workers.

Universal background checks and an assault weapons ban both seem reasonable, and both are heavily supported by our citizens. They won't stop all of these mass murders, but, like drunk driving laws have done, they will stop a solid portion of them.
Wouldn't have gotten this guy though, right?

(That doesn't mean they are no good and that I don't support them)

cncmin

Reaction score
Huh? No.
You just need to visit a licensed, private or part of a health-system psychologist to have a "general mental wellbeing" screen done. These are not government workers.

Wouldn't have gotten this guy though, right?

(That doesn't mean they are no good and that I don't support them)
We'll have to agree to disagree on how "mental evaluations" would actually work. I think it would create a mess.

Solutions to problems do not have to work 100% to be helpful. The only debate at all on the universal background checks and assault weapon ban should be Constitutional - does it intrude on the 2nd Amendment or does it not? Personally, I think a forced "mental health" evaluation is far more intrusive on civil liberties than either of these two.

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
We'll have to agree to disagree on how "mental evaluations" would actually work. I think it would create a mess.
I don't see why. You need to get your kids shots to go to public school. Probably need a mental screening to become a pilot? (guessing)

Solutions to problems do not have to work 100% to be helpful.
Absolutely, and why I was careful not to trample on those two. If you want to say those two should be first, that's fine too.

Personally, I think a forced "mental health" evaluation is far more intrusive on civil liberties than either of these two.
Of course, but only for assault weapons.

Justification: Boulder, Sandy Hook, and do I need to list many, many, many more?

Wally

Reaction score
I better get an AR-15 before they are banned. Never know, I might want to shoot allot of people some day.
😯😯😯😯

howeda7

Reaction score

No one has ever said that background checks etc. would stop all mass killings. If it stops 25%, that would be great, and the QOP'ers would screetch "See! It did no good!"

Top Bottom