10 people killed in Colorado supermarket shooting, including a police officer

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Seriously, people should demand accuracy in reporting. Part of that is not the woke color blind thing when it is not helpful, but also not helpful is this insistence that this guy is being treated oddly, either. The report of his color, was done correctly. The drop of the color label when he became a known person was done correctly.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Well, it sure is interesting how these stories keep up, despite your claim they disappeared when he was identified as a scary Syrian Muslim.

"When the public safety is best served by information easily seen instead of a guess at heritage,it should be done quickly and accurately."

Again - who controls this narrative, for the most part? You refuse to admit the obvious, and I understand your hesitancy.

Why the intentional lack of clarity for one group of people, and not another?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
"When the public safety is best served by information easily seen instead of a guess at heritage,it should be done quickly and accurately."

Again - who controls this narrative, for the most part? You refuse to admit the obvious, and I understand your hesitancy.

You seem to have a story you'd like to tell. Tell it.

Minnesota

Reaction score

Why don’t you say what you mean without all the tap dancing and boomer Facebook memes?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Your cartoon, says Syrian, not Muslim. Just for fun, 10 percent of Syria is Christian, and a large share of people who emigrate from there are Christian. Saying someone is from Syria does not describe a color or religion.
It was a lazy cartoon. They wanted to say Muslim, but didn't have the balls to go for it.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Why don’t you say what you mean without all the tap dancing and boomer Facebook memes?
It's the Cindy Brady system of information management. "I've got a secret, I've got a secret"
Or possibly Gollum, where everything has to be a riddle.
Remember, this is a guy who posts Face book slides in all text, rather than just typing them out, as if a big font and lime background color adds veracity to a statement. With no attribution, mind you.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
No, you found what exactly would be expected. Going from the general to the specific. If you can find a reference to his non whiteness, after he is named, you might have an item of interest.

If he were the Jackie Robinson of mass shooters, his color might come up more often.
No. The race of a mass shooter is ONLY of interest to the MSM if he were simply a white male with no minority status. Of course, as a minority of race, color, or religion, they are not going to describe specifically...unless he were a white CHRISTIAN male. Then it would be of utmost importance to the MSM.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
No. The race of a mass shooter is ONLY of interest to the MSM if he were simply a white male with no minority status. Of course, as a minority of race, color, or religion, they are not going to describe specifically...unless he were a white CHRISTIAN male. Then it would be of utmost importance to the MSM.
Do you have an example where they point out that a shooter is a white Christian male? Are most mass shooters Christian, as far as we know?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
as a minority of race, color, or religion, they are not going to describe specifically...unless he were a white CHRISTIAN male. Then it would be of utmost importance to the MSM.
Not only wrong anyway ... but such a weird thing to let bother you.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I'll make it easier--was it mentioned that the Las Vegas shooter was Christian?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I'll make it easier--was it mentioned that the Las Vegas shooter was Christian?
Do you have ANY evidence that he was a Christian?

According to his brother:

“His brother said he didn’t believe in God, or didn’t have a god or didn’t have faith in his life, so maybe – this is all speculation—but that possible could be the reason,” she said. “He knows country musicians or country music fans are normally pro-God and go to church on Sundays. Maybe he has a problem with that, or had a problem with that.”

BTW, the media that I watch has not attributed the Colorado killer’s motive to his faith.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Do you have ANY evidence that he was a Christian?

According to his brother:

“His brother said he didn’t believe in God, or didn’t have a god or didn’t have faith in his life, so maybe – this is all speculation—but that possible could be the reason,” she said. “He knows country musicians or country music fans are normally pro-God and go to church on Sundays. Maybe he has a problem with that, or had a problem with that.”

BTW, the media that I watch has not attributed the Colorado killer’s motive to his faith.
I'll let you argue with yourself.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I'll let you argue with yourself.
I think you better reread those posts. One says the LV shooter had no faith. He was actually a white man.

The Colorado shooter was a Muslim...a minority status. The MSM doesn’t dare make that point and major point of interest.

There is no contradiction.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I've read them several times, and I can't figure out your white Christian male point, regarding media treatment.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Whites and Christians are of majority status. Non-whites and non-Christians are minority status.

If a male is of white and Christian faith, it will be big news in MSM.

If a male is of non-white, minority faith, it will be minimized by the MSM.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Whites and Christians are of majority status. Non-whites and non-Christians are minority status.

If a male is of white and Christian faith, it will be big news in MSM.

If a male is of non-white, minority faith, it will be minimized by the MSM.
I honestly did not know the religion of the Las Vegas shooter.
Or the Columbine kids.
Or guy from Aurora Colorado who dressed as the Joker.
Or the kid from Cold Spring
Or the guy in the Texas Tower, Charles Whitman
It may have come up, but I don't think it was a focus.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I honestly did not know the religion of the Las Vegas shooter.
Or the Columbine kids.
Or guy from Aurora Colorado who dressed as the Joker.
Or the kid from Cold Spring
Or the guy in the Texas Tower, Charles Whitman
It may have come up, but I don't think it was a focus.
Yeah, b/c they weren’t Christian. Nobody is assuming them as Christian. Just white, but if they happen to be Christian too, all the more important to the MSM. That was my point.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
How did you find this if it was minimized? On a lefty site?
Is Snopes MSM? No.

I never made any claim about political biased websites. Either way. You can find anything there.

I barely made reference to all the lefty Twitters that assume the Colorado shooter was a “white Christian male”, even though many did. That wasn’t part of my claim against the MSM.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Yeah, b/c they weren’t Christian. Nobody is assuming them as Christian. Just white, but if they happen to be Christian too, all the more important to the MSM. That was my point.
Ok, does this actually happen?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Thanks. I guess the "leftist media" is covering it in a fair and balanced way then?
Read my above post. And...facts are facts. There was no getting around it.

Now...if Snopes would only be as honest about the less OBVIOUS stuff, you’d have a point. They don’t. They still wouldn’t be MSM.

Top Bottom