10 people killed in Colorado supermarket shooting, including a police officer

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Do you have a real example of the behavior your cartoon suggests?
Here’s another after another minute or so. USAToday editor twitting:

USA Today race and inclusion editor Hemal Jhaveri responded to DiCaro: “It's always an angry white man. Always.”

Along with a few Tweeting lefties, including the VP’s daughter.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Yeah, it took a couple minutes on DuckDuckGo, but here’s one. CNN.

“LUCY KAFANOV, CNN: We know that the suspect is in custody. He was injured. They have not released any details about who he was, but we did see footage of a White man. He was wearing shorts. No shoes, no shirt. He seemed to be bleeding down his leg and he was handcuffed.

In other words, CNN told you: "We don't really know anything about what just happened, but we do think a 'White man' did it." That was CNN's first observation. What they cared about most was the gunman's race. To CNN, that was the all-important thing; not the 10 people lying dead or the grieving children they left behind. No, the shooter's skin color.”

Can I get a Like from MplsGopher too?
So, they stated the obvious, visible to all. Do you have the moment he became not white?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Here’s another after another minute or so. USAToday editor twitting:

USA Today race and inclusion editor Hemal Jhaveri responded to DiCaro: “It's always an angry white man. Always.”

Along with a few Tweeting lefties, including the VP’s daughter.
So, we are in agreement he’s white? Earlier in this thread, it seemed his Muslimness and Syrianness made him non white.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I don’t want to profile, but it’s up to the white community to clean up their own act.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
So, they stated the obvious, visible to all. Do you have the moment he became not white?
This is a stocker level response. The cartoon said “a white gunman killed people”. Then you said prove it. I proved it. Now you move the goal posts. The moment he became non-white was when the police revealed his name. And we know, we don’t dare say ‘a Muslim killed people’.

Are Obama and Harris black? They are most certainly half something else, but they are claimed as black with great pride. Fine by me.

We are all mutts to a certain extent. It wasn’t his race that defined him after his faith was revealed.

You lost the argument. Just stop.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
This is a stocker level response. The cartoon said “a white gunman killed people”. Then you said prove it. I proved it. Now you move the goal posts. The moment he became non-white was when the police revealed his name. And we know, we don’t dare say ‘a Muslim killed people’.

Are Obama and Harris black? They are most certainly half something else, but they are claimed as black with great pride. Fine by me.

We are all mutts to a certain extent. It wasn’t his race that defined him after his faith was revealed.

You lost the argument. Just stop.
No. Your cartoon suggests a backpedal, after it is discovered the man was Syrian, not white. Proving he is white is easy, as it is pretty visible. Can you show the change after he became Syrian or non white? And show that it was his non white status that gave everyone pause?
For this to work, you have to deny what your eyes see.
White Muslims are still white.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Your cartoon, says Syrian, not Muslim. Just for fun, 10 percent of Syria is Christian, and a large share of people who emigrate from there are Christian. Saying someone is from Syria does not describe a color or religion.

howeda7

Reaction score
Or maybe there is a list of White countries out there that can be put in the AP stylebook.
I'm not sure about the AP, but in the QOP stylebook you can look under "s@#thole countries" and "non-s#^thole countries."

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
No. Your cartoon suggests a backpedal, after it is discovered the man was Syrian, not white. Proving he is white is easy, as it is pretty visible. Can you show the change after he became Syrian or non white? And show that it was his non white status that gave everyone pause?
For this to work, you have to deny what your eyes see.
White Muslims are still white.
The narrative changed. It’s pretty simple.

I said before whatever the media wanted to label him. Even though by your standards he’s still a white man. The “white man” narrative doesn’t work.

Has any media described him as a “white man” since? No. Just by his name.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
The narrative changed. It’s pretty simple.

I said before whatever the media wanted to label him. Even though by your standards he’s still a white man. The “white man” narrative doesn’t work.

Has any media described him as a “white man” since? No. Just by his name.
It’s pretty simple. If you don’t know a suspect’s name, or anything about him, you go by a description. After that, you use his name. From the general to the specific as information allows. It isn’t a liberal conspiracy.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
It’s pretty simple. If you don’t know a suspect’s name, or anything about him, you go by a description. After that, you use his name. From the general to the specific as information allows. It isn’t a liberal conspiracy.
Why doest that description include skin color only some of the time, even when it is clear what skin color the perp has?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Why doest that description include skin color only some of the time, even when it is clear what skin color the perp has?
Sometimes people are trying to be color blind to the detriment of public safety, and that is stupid. I also roll my eyes at African American or Hispanic for completely unknown persons. When the public safety is best served by information easily seen instead of a guess at heritage,it should be done quickly and accurately. As information becomes available it can be added.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Sometimes people are trying to be color blind to the detriment of public safety, and that is stupid. I also roll my eyes at African American or Hispanic for completely unknown persons. When the public safety is best served by information easily seen instead of a guess at heritage,it should be done quickly and accurately. As information becomes available it can be added.
And yet, time and again, it isn't done quickly or accurately. We know why. You wont admit it.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the AP, but in the QOP stylebook you can look under "s@#thole countries" and "non-s#^thole countries."
The biggest bigot on the board accusing others of stereotyping. Unbelievable.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Who said it’s a “conspiracy”? Continue to move the goal posts.

You lost the argument. A few in the media LABELED the guy before they knew the facts about the suspect. Some do this reactively b/c it fits their worldview.

We were constantly being told by lefties that “words have meaning”. Now you want to suggest they don’t.

There is no reason to make ANY assumption about something that they don’t know and report it as fact.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Who said it’s a “conspiracy”? Continue to move the goal posts.

You lost the argument. A few in the media LABELED the guy before they knew the facts about the suspect. Some do this reactively b/c it fits their worldview.

We were constantly being told by lefties that “words have meaning”. Now you want to suggest they don’t.

There is no reason to make ANY assumption about something that they don’t know and report it as fact.
Huh? What label was applied incorrectly and then changed?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Huh? What label was applied incorrectly and then changed?
Ok, you gave me an assignment to prove my point and I gave you two examples. Now here’s your assignment

Find a MSM news source that, since knowing his name, has called him “white”?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Ok, you gave me an assignment to prove my point and I gave you two examples. Now here’s your assignment

Find a MSM news source that, since knowing his name, has called him “white”
No, you found what exactly would be expected. Going from the general to the specific. If you can find a reference to his non whiteness, after he is named, you might have an item of interest.

If he were the Jackie Robinson of mass shooters, his color might come up more often.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Wrong again, Batman.......

And yet, time and again, it isn't done quickly or accurately. Why shill pauli? Who controls much of the narrative?
I've already said it sometimes happens, and that it is stupid, as an attempt at color blindness. I'm not sure what it is you are wanting here. Sometimes well intended people do actual harm.

This isn't hard.

If you find a cell phone below a theater seat, and someone asks you to describe the person that was sitting there, you say what you know for a fact, in order to best help him get his phone back.
If you simply say "he as 5 feet tall, and wearing a red shirt", that might be helpful, but if you add that he is black, that can narrow it down even better. If you say African American, and you don't know that, you have just added noise. He could be a French Canadian monoglot from West Africa.
If you know his name and address and phone number, you don't have to say "black guy".

Just like if you have 9 kids on a baseball team, and one black kid, it isn't cool to refer to him as the black kid. If they are all wearing uniforms, saying #14 is preferable, for example.

From the general to the specific, as information allows.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Who controls the narrative, for the most part, on reporting the description of a perp, st pauli?

Top Bottom