Your concession stand experience--good or bad?

GopherJack

Reaction score
I went to get a hot dog and diet Coke at the end of the first quarter and was told "sorry, we are out of diet Coke". How the heck can that happen?! Now they did say they would have more soon, but why wouldn't you have the concession stand properly stocked before the game started? Also, my brother tried to get a Dilly Bar at the end of the 3rd quarter and they were out.

I'm not sure any thing has really changed as far as concessions are concerned this year.......

I have found the lines outside section 209 to be quite fast this year but the Dilly Bar I bought near the end of the game was quite soft. As soon as I took it out of the wrapper it started to slide down the stick.

As soon as I opened my beer, it started to slide down my throat. I had no problem with that.

As soon as I opened my beer, it started to slide down my throat. I had no problem with that.

Touche.

That's a better response than some I expected.

Almost everything is great about TCF. The one thing that people complain about is concessions. Why cant TCF have local concessions like Target Field has? For example, I like Kramaczuks, Murray Steak, North Shore Cremery, etc... I like this because the food is good and it is helping local companies.

Almost everything is great about TCF. The one thing that people complain about is concessions. Why cant TCF have local concessions like Target Field has? For example, I like Kramaczuks, Murray Steak, North Shore Cremery, etc... I like this because the food is good and it is helping local companies.

I think it'll happen eventually, La Loma is there now right?

The stand I went to behind Section 135 had registers, I didn't see them there before. Were they in all of them now or was this just specific to Panino's?

I always eat

on my way in a half hour before kickoff and never have a problem. I also don't drink anything before or during the game because the whole public restroom thing doesn't work for me.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went to get a Buster Bar, very quick service, but the Buster Bar was pretty weak. I think they've gotten worse since the last time I had one years ago.

Game one vs. South Dakota: Couldn't get cheese curds because of a power outage. The guy in the next line was told there were no hot dogs, either.

Game two vs. USC: Didn't have any problems but it still amazes me that the cashier needed to use a calculator to add $4 and $3.50. And then use it again to figure out how much change to give me from a $20.

Depends. If I need food, I've found the lines long, and a nice answer like "we're out of hot dogs" despite the fact that there's 90 seconds left in the 2nd quarter. Getting food is splitting the atom.

Just a fountain soda? Easy. My seats in 117, there's a Goal Line Pizza stand directly behind my section. Since NOBODY is ever in line for a Palermo's pizza, getting a fountain cherry coke is quite swift.

My priorities for Gopher football gameday:
1) Get Dave Lee fired from play-by-play duties
2) Get Palermo's pizza no closer than 100 yards in every direction from TCF Bank Stadium.
3) Find a font on the scoreboard where the 6's can't be confused with 8's.

As Ski U Master said, La Loma is there now, and Mayslacks is there as well (and were last season).

I wish Mavericks would open up a stand, as I like their beef sandwiches better than Mayslacks (although I'm not complaining about having Mayslacks at all!)

It amazes me with all the money they spent on the stadium that they decided to go cheap and have most of the concession stands NOT have cash registers. They put 300K in the beer dispensing systems that they are not using and a Hall of Fame center and locker rooms that are top notch, but they can't spend another 10-15K on cash registers and we have to watch some poor soul use a calculator?? very strange.

I went right after the first touchdown pass put Minnesota ahead 14-13. My experience was GREAT! Got my food and back to my seat in about five minutes or so. Just long enough to miss the kick-off being returned for a touchdown. Honestly.

I'm just pissed Panino's got rid of the steak and cheese Gopher Stick and replaced it with a crappy sloppy joes one......not cool

Concessions this year have been fine. It appears that despite the lack of cash registers, they have gotten the logistics behind the counter down to the point where they are reasonably efficient.

I too want to see more local food vendors, but I presume the economics are a little different when putting a booth together for 7 games @ 50,000 fans for a total of 350,000 fans than 81 games @ 40,000 fans for a total of 3,240,000 fans. Given the numbers, I think we're sitting pretty well with the options we have. I did hear Kramarczuk's was trying to put something together though.

on my way in a half hour before kickoff and never have a problem. I also don't drink anything before or during the game because the whole public restroom thing doesn't work for me.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have found that the family bathrooms near section 104 rarely have a line. As I have grown older, I've found that I normally require an afternoon constitutional. My morning constitutional used to be sufficient. The family restroom provides the space and privacy that I require.

I have found that the family bathrooms near section 104 rarely have a line. As I have grown older, I've found that I normally require an afternoon constitutional. My morning constitutional used to be sufficient. The family restroom provides the space and privacy that I require.

I'm in favor of a strict interpretation of the constitutional myself.

I'm just pissed Panino's got rid of the steak and cheese Gopher Stick and replaced it with a crappy sloppy joes one......not cool

That sandwich was a liquid mess of grease. I'm glad I could eat the buffalo chicken one without worrying about a big wet stain on my clothes. :D.

The poppers were good also. :D

LOL, that is hilarious

I must have missed something here. A couple of posters have the question about the concession stands confused with the restrooms. Did the question change, or can't some people tell the difference between the concession stands and restrooms? Or is the food just $hitty?

I think they need Pronto Pups at TCF. It's a Minnesota original, and would be an ideal gameday food, no mess!

Top Bottom