Write the check——Chris Beard—-why not?

cheeseheadgophfan

Reaction score
I know I know....4.5 million per year, but Lubbock is an armpit. Make the call Coyle!!!!!!

I think Beard has always been a southern guy, and was an assistant at Texas Tech for like 10 years. Even discounting the fact he has an established program that he may not want to leave to start over somewhere new, Texas Tech to Minnesota is close to a lateral move. Probably about the same as PJ Fleck going to a Rose Bowl and then leaving to take the Texas Tech job.

Beard has built a nice team down in Lubbock. Why would he leave for Minnesota?

Beard has built a nice team down in Lubbock. Why would he leave for Minnesota?

1. Have you been to Lubbock? I have. Let’s just say the Twin Cities are superior.
2. Big Ten
3. He’s leveled off a bit (see #1 above). They’re about .500 in their conference this year.
It’s worth the call.

Haha Chris beard? I'm sure we're the next step up he's looking for on his way to duke or the Lakers

He’s not leaving. Texas Tech is currently a much better place than MN.

You homers can keep talking about how awesome you think the Twin Cities are. Yes it offers a lot, but it’s not for everyone.

1. Have you been to Lubbock? I have. Let’s just say the Twin Cities are superior.
2. Big Ten
3. He’s leveled off a bit (see #1 above). They’re about .500 in their conference this year.
It’s worth the call.

I'm not saying anything about Twin Cities vs. Lubbock. I have little doubt that the TCs are a better place. But is Minnesota a better job??? Arguable.

Chris Beard is in TT cause it’s close to his daughters as well. That’s a big part of it right now. It’s why he dumped on UNLV three weeks after they hired him. Maybe he’d go to Texas right now? Otherwise he’s a perfect example of a guy making a bad job a winner. We gotta find our Chris Beard.

2. Big Ten
It’s worth the call.
Your first point could be used in an elementary school class when they are teaching the students facts vs opinions.

Love me some Mac Davis (Lubbock native) RIP -don't let the title fool yah

Great tune!

I've been to Amarillo, and I figure Lubbock is similar? Definitely some flat lands, BUT, Palo Duro Canyon just south of Amarillo: that's quite a landform. I did read somewhere that it's the second biggest canyon in the US.

Great tune!

I've been to Amarillo, and I figure Lubbock is similar? Definitely some flat lands, BUT, Palo Duro Canyon just south of Amarillo: that's quite a landform. I did read somewhere that it's the second biggest canyon in the US.

I've never been to Lubbock either; was in El Paso for the Sun Bowl vs. Oregon.

I like West Texas as the space is so massive and it's cool to see people who wear boots and hats for real and not show.

Amarillo? I have a song for that locale as well -

Buddy Holly Lubbock. The Beattles said no Buddy, no Beattles ! Great Youtube of NcCartney playing Buddy's music.

Top Bottom