Would getting rid of Brewster really mean "starting over"?

No, we have we coaches here that can coach them. During Brewster's tenure here, he has hired assistants and coordinators that are accomplished and in demand. If anything should be taken from Brewster's staff, it's that coaching is highly overrated, that really is all about the Johnnys and the Joes more than it is about the X's and the O's.

I strongly disagree, if the point you are trying to make is that top flight players are more important than top flight coaches. In the Big 10, unless you are OSU, Michigan, PSU, or Nebraska, you will rarely get the top flight players. You need a coach (and staff) who have a system they all understand, recruit for that system, and coach each player to reach his maximum ability. That is what Alvarez, Ferentz, etc. do and that is how the non-Big Four succeed in the Big 10.

Alvarez' first Rose Bowl team had a ton of Wisconsin and/or not highly recruited kids on it, but they believed in the coaches and the coaches made them all better players. Get some guys who can coach - I haven't seen it from Brewster in the games I've seen. Then have the coaches recruit with a believable program - not Pasadena in three years. Keep the expectations realistic - I'll make your kid the best football player he can be.

Everyone here is getting way too caught up on labels. Just because Gray was recruited when there was a spread offense does not mean he is incapable of running this offense. A similar QB in Terrelle Pryor has done alright in a similar offense.

People on this website are judging Gray based on an extremely small sample size. He has taken in the area of 30 snaps as a QB in a game during his career.

If anything his abilities give the coaches a chance to add another wrinkle into the offense.

The chance for him to utilize his best asset: his running abilty will still be present in any offense.

Can we finally stop saying that Gray cant play in this offense when there is zero evidence to say that he is not capable.

I mean he can't do any worse than our current QB.

Alvarez' first Rose Bowl team had a ton of Wisconsin and/or not highly recruited kids on it, but they believed in the coaches and the coaches made them all better players. Get some guys who can coach - I haven't seen it from Brewster in the games I've seen.

We have four former Alvarez assistants on our coaching staff, three of whom have Rose Bowl rings. So we ARE currently doing what you've suggested.

Then have the coaches recruit with a believable program - not Pasadena in three years.

Brewster never said, promised, nor insinuated that. Sorry Vadger.

Top Bottom