WNIT 2024 Game 1: Gophers Host Pacific (3-26-24)

Thought it was a pretty ugly game. This team needs to improve a ton if they want to make ncaa tournament next year.

Thought it was a pretty ugly game. This team needs to improve a ton if they want to make ncaa tournament next year.
they were just off for 2 weeks.. and got Mara and Sophie back.. we haven't played with Mara in 58 days..

they looked pretty good for not playing in 2 and half week.

trying to get use to playing with the starting 5 again.. the first 2 minutes they scored 10 points.

I enjoyed game. They were off 19 days, good start but you could tell there was some rust. Thought Gophers were excited to play, and played with really good effort. Pacific did not have an answer for Sophie Hart. It was good thing band was back together again.

I enjoyed game. They were off 19 days, good start but you could tell there was some rust. Thought Gophers were excited to play, and played with really good effort. Pacific did not have an answer for Sophie Hart. It was good thing band was back together again.
this plus they were adding Mara who have been as we know out since Jan 29th and then adding Sophie back.. a bit rusty but when the starters were on the floor all to together the offense was looking good.. just have to get use to having Mara, Sophie back out there..

Well their two best players tonight played 19 minutes (Hart) and 20 minutes (Braun). Normally Braun plays 35+ and Hart is about 24-30 per night. The ugly parts were the parts they weren't on the floor. I expect them to be back to close to full minutes on Friday, especially if the game ends up getting tighter in the second half. Though Plitzuweit has never lost to NDSU...

they were just off for 2 weeks.. and got Mara and Sophie back.. we haven't played with Mara in 58 days..

they looked pretty good for not playing in 2 and half week.

trying to get use to playing with the starting 5 again.. the first 2 minutes they scored 10 points.
A little ragged, but I liked what I saw, especially compared to how things had been going. The NIT is a great chance for the team to get their legs back under them at full strength and finish on a stronger note. As Yogi said, 90 percent of the game is half mental...or something like that.

Top Bottom