Wittman's cheap shot

I tend to agree with GoGo and GII

I remember a few years back when Ryan Saunders was playing HS ball for Wayzata and Flip was still coaching the Wolves, fans would chant all kinds of obscenities at him. They'd chant things like "little flip", etc. the whole game. It didn't appear to bother him much. I understand that different athletes have different thresholds for verbal attacks, however, there is still no reason for him to push LW, or anyone for that matter.

Personally, I'd rather have our students wild, loud and crazy. Sure, you don't need to be criticizing ones immediate family members to achieve this, but, it may happen occasionally, and I'm fine with that. They got into the head of Ryan. He still scored 21pts but shot a terrible 31% from the field, including 4-14 from 3.

Thank you members of The Barn Yard!

His dad left early because the fans were chanting that. He thought if he left maybe they'd quit chanting and his 19-year old kid wouldn't have to listen to it.

Look, I'm no prude. As I said, Randy's a big boy who makes lots of money. Go to a Wolves game and boo him off the floor, I don't care. But, shouting things at his kid in a college game - to me - is over the top. But, again, it is only my opinion.

I agree. Did not care to hear about it myself!

Top Bottom