With proposed B1G alignments, any chance they move to 12pm "local" start times

supadupafly

Reaction score
With proposed B1G alignments, any chance they move to 12pm "local" start times

This crossed my mind when reading about the proposed alignments on espn.com. With these new geographic divisional alignments does that increase the chances the conference/TV may finally go back to a more traditional noon "LOCAL" start time as the earliest possible start for conference games? Since virtually every team will now be in a division where every other team is in the same time zone (with the exception of Purdue) does that factor into it? Would love to see 11am central start times gone. I know a lot of the other central time zone fans in the B1G hated the 11am starts as well.

Thoughts?

This crossed my mind when reading about the proposed alignments on espn.com. With these new geographic divisional alignments does that increase the chances the conference/TV may finally go back to a more traditional noon "LOCAL" start time as the earliest possible start for conference games? Since virtually every team will now be in a division where every other team is in the same time zone (with the exception of Purdue) does that factor into it? Would love to see 11am central start times gone. I know a lot of the other central time zone fans in the B1G hated the 11am starts as well.

Thoughts?

When are the TV contracts up? If you’re asking if we can get noon starts instead of 11:00am starts, I think the answer is no until the contracts are renewed. Then the conference could push for the start times to change. If you are asking if we can get all 2:30 starts or night games in the Central zone under the current arrangements, I don’t see it since more of the high profile schools are in the other division. I agree with you that I'd like to get rid of the 1:00am kickoffs.

Since there's still going to be 8 of 14 teams in the EST, I don't see it happening. Maybe the addition of Rutgers and MD will give us a little more pull with ESPN and others, but I think the SEC will still get the prime times.

Top Bottom