Wish B1G Tournament was in MN this Year

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Tournament is going to be pretty crazy with the parity in the league this year. Seeds 2-10 are within 2.5 games of each other. Top 4 getting the extra bye will be huge.

However, the women this year have 5 top 15 teams coming to town for the tournament which should be well attended by Minnesotans.

I respect your viewpoint but vehemently disagree.

I would much rather have a competitive Gopher team with more talent, depth, and experience on the court when we host it.

I can't imagine a better three or four-day stretch (hopefully not five) than watching our team go on a run with a homecourt crowd backing them. It could be a reality with a couple of crucial transfer portal pick-ups this offseason!

Haha I couldn't think of a worse year to have the BTT here, what a total embarrassment that would be to hosting while finishing up a historically bad season.

Now...we will probably stink again next year, but at least there is a CHANCE we could be respectable by then.

Two years ago would have been great with stars like Garza, Cockburn, dosunmo, etc.

Great tournament. You always see good basketball, not necessarily the team you are cheering for. I look forward to it every year and also enjoy seeing it in different cities.

Tournament is going to be pretty crazy with the parity in the league this year. Seeds 2-10 are within 2.5 games of each other. Top 4 getting the extra bye will be huge.

However, the women this year have 5 top 15 teams coming to town for the tournament which should be well attended by Minnesotans.
I would rather it not be here this year when we are a national embarrassment and have no chance to go anywhere.

I’m glad it’s not here this year, for the obvious reason others have stated. Take my chances that the Gophers are better (not saying much) next season and at least capable of winning or, gasp, avoiding Weakling Wednesday. Hopefully, somehow, the Gophers generate at least some steam (read: hope) heading into the BTT.

Top Bottom