Wisconsin scenario

Would you trade last year's success for 2-10 with Iowa and Wisc wins?

Hmmm. . . no.

But I'd take 2-10 with wins over Iowa and Wisconsin, especially if those wins really hurt either of them, over 6-6 and the Motor City Bowl.

Hmmm. . . no.

But I'd take 2-10 with wins over Iowa and Wisconsin, especially if those wins really hurt either of them, over 6-6 and the Motor City Bowl.
Agree. 6-6 Motor City bowl with two of the wins IA and WI?

Last edited:

Would you trade last year's success for 2-10 with Iowa and Wisc wins?

Of course not. But a breakout season isn't on the table this year. The scenario posed was to win 3 games I don't care a ton about and go 4-4, or get a memorable win and the Axe and go 2-6.

Of course not. But a breakout season isn't on the table this year. The scenario posed was to win 3 games I don't care a ton about and go 4-4, or get a memorable win and the Axe and go 2-6.
I thought last year was the breakout season...

I thought last year was the breakout season...

It was. But you asked me a question about last season and if I would have traded that for 2-10 with Pig and Axe. Going from 11-2 to 2-10 is a much larger trade off than 4-4 or 2-6

It was. But you asked me a question about last season and if I would have traded that for 2-10 with Pig and Axe. Going from 11-2 to 2-10 is a much larger trade off than 4-4 or 2-6
I agreed on another post. Not really getting your breakout comment.

Last edited:

Rea
Win the rest of our games but lose to Wisconsin?

or lose the rest of our games but beat Wisconsin?

which would you guys prefer?

(don’t say win ALL of our games)
Really good one here...I would take a win over Sconnie.

The plan is have Tanner Morgan stare down every receiver he throws to until we play Wisconsin and then he fakes staring down guys in that game and catches the Badgers napping.

The plan is have Tanner Morgan stare down every receiver he throws to until we play Wisconsin and then he fakes staring down guys in that game and catches the Badgers napping.

That will work! If he is standing after the 1st qtr.

Get enough cases so the WI game is cancelled and the Badgers are denied playing in the Big Ten Championship.

I'm just joking?

Except that we would be allowed to play another B1G team if there was an additional cancellation and even if it was a rematch.

I'm sure it was covered elsewhere, but I don't really want to go digging through badger threads. I thought Mertz's 21-day Covid protocol took him past the MI game. Just wondering why he was able to play. Thanks!

Mertz tested positive on the Saturday after their Friday night game against Illinois. Therefore, day 21 was last Friday, making him eligible for Saturday's game.

Several other Badgers tested positive later that first week and had not completed the required 21 days and were held out of the Michigan game. There were only 2 available tailbacks, for example.

Also, part of the protocol is that you can return to practice in the third week if you pass the additional cardiac tests. Mertz was in practice Wednesday or Thursday.

This happened in 1993 and no one seems to care. 4-7 Gophers were the only loss for the Wisconsin 10-1-1 Rose Bowl Championship Team. I would have rather been the 10-1-1 team playing in the Rose Bowl.

I am going to stick my neck out there and say that Minnesota does cancel.
They can't just cancel of their own will, unless testing numbers go south. Sure, that could happen, but haven't heard anything yet.

They can't just cancel of their own will, unless testing numbers go south. Sure, that could happen, but haven't heard anything yet.

That's what Wisconsin did. They didn't hit the conference threshold for Covid to cancel. They did it on their own.

Isn't that what I said?

If testing numbers go far enough down, the team can decide to cancel the game. If they go even farther south, the game cancellation is mandated.

I guess we can always "hope" that Purdue infects a bunch of guys tonight? I don't want that to happen, but at this point is pretty much what would need to happen.

I just think it's funny that you guys actually think the gods would allow something so "fortuitous" to the Gophers fanbase to occur.

Fat chance. If the Gophers are going to have to cancel games due to covid, it won't be until the last game of the season against Nebraska, the game we most likely can win the rest of the year.

Yeah, I am just thinking because the direction the COVID numbers are headed, not because we’re afraid of Wisconsin.
Yes, you're correct. When I made the above post you quoted, I did not know that 25 people in the program would be out for last night's game.

Things have shifted in a big hurry.

The weird thing is, now they probably want to play the game, after that huge shot of confidence from beating Purdue.

Top Bottom