Wisconsin Leuer maybe out for Season

Hope it isnt true

Nobody dislikes Bucky Badger more tham me but I sure hope that is NOT true.

:(

Wow...this happened pretty early in the Purdue game. It was clear it was bothering him, but never would have guessed it was broken...

Oh no, I hope not. He looked like he was having a problem with either his hand or his wrist during the whole first half. But then it looked like he was OK, with some tape on his wrist during the second half. He's way too important for Buckey... Very good player who has improved his game by leaps and bounds.

This is unfortunate. Hopefully not a season-ender at the least.

If he's done, I don't think we've seen the last of him. I think he's become an NBA talent.

If he's done, I don't think we've seen the last of him. I think he's become an NBA talent.
I can't imagine he would skip his senior year if he were indeed done for the season. He's good, but another year would serve him well.

was told not to give all the details but lets just say this source is about as good as you will find on this issue.

Ah sorry didn't know you were privy to fun information ;)

Rumors on ye olde Buckyville say Leuer has a broken wrist and is done for the season.

Hate to see this happen if true. :(

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/26506/t/Really-really-bad-news.html

While bad to see, let's take this as what it is - a hit to the Wisconsin basketball team - GREAT for Gopher fans (!), bad for Badger fans. Leuer is a hell of a player.

Bo will still find a way (ahem) for Wisc. to win plenty of their home games - their win today nearly guarantees them a seat in the Tourney. Leuer did as much as that team needed him to do to ensure their trip.

While bad to see, let's take this as what it is - a hit to the Wisconsin basketball team - GREAT for Gopher fans (!), bad for Badger fans. Leuer is a hell of a player.

Speak for yourself.

Speak for yourself.

Did you shed as many tears when Evan Turner got badly hurt this year? Leuer is a young man who will heal up just fine (it's a broken wrist, not cancer or something!!), and the Badgers will be plenty good without him. I bet he sheds less tears over this than you.

Sorry to hear that for Leuer. I think 4 - 6 weeks is optimistic. I had a very slight break in my wrist about 10 years ago. After I got it out of the cast, four to six weeks later, it actually hurt worse than when it was broken because of a bit of atrophy and being immoblized. Of course, being the fool I am, the first thing I did when the cast came off was give a relieved shake of my wrist and damn near passed out from the pain. It took a while to restrengthen and get it back to normal.

I was just reading the buckyville thread and wanted to point out that, no, xrays will not always reveal a break. In my case I had to have an MRI to find it.

Too bad. I hope he is better and is on their team when they come into the barn. I don't want them to have any excuses when we send them home with a loss.

Lou Hudson, one of the great Gopher BBallers from the past, played most of his final year with a padded cast on a broken wrist. But Lou was so talented, he played left handed.

I'd rather beat the Badgers with Leuer than without him.

I see it this way: I know for a fact that Alabama won't apologize for beating Texas without McCoy but the question will always linger...What if McCoy played?

If Leuer doesn't play and the Gophers win, I'm thrilled...but I'd rather beat them at full strength.

I never wish for anyone to get injured or for something bad to happen. And in this case he will be fine - it's just a wrist injury. He seems like a good kid. But injuries are part of the game.

But there's no question I'm hoping it doesn't heal for awhile. The Badgers are not as strong of a team without him, and it will no doubt help the Gophers if he's out.

By the way, there's about a 0% chance that when deciding bids and seeding for the NCAA tournament the commettee goes "well, they beat Wisconsin, but it was without Jon Leuer. Drop them a seed." He's not that big of a name. This is way different than Colt McCoy.

The Badgers are worse with Leuer out, and I'll be glad if he doesn't play against us.

I never wish for anyone to get injured or for something bad to happen. And in this case he will be fine - it's just a wrist injury. He seems like a good kid. But injuries are part of the game.

But there's no question I'm hoping it doesn't heal for awhile. The Badgers are not as strong of a team without him, and it will no doubt help the Gophers if he's out.

By the way, there's about a 0% chance that when deciding bids and seeding for the NCAA tournament the commettee goes "well, they beat Wisconsin, but it was without Jon Leuer. Drop them a seed." He's not that big of a name. This is way different than Colt McCoy.

The Badgers are worse with Leuer out, and I'll be glad if he doesn't play against us.

You're such an insensitive jerk! ;)

I know. I must be a terrible person. :rolleyes:

He's not dying of cancer. He's got a bad wrist.

Agreed.

If the Gophers beat shorthanded Becky, I doubt anybody will be looking back in 10 years and thinking, "What if Leuer had played?" It's a February conference game, just get a W however you can and move on to the next one in three days.

Top Bottom