wisconsin Better Dead then Red Week

My excitement and confidence for this game (not mention our chances of winning it) is literally zero. Maybe it’s losing by a ton to Ohio State, maybe it’s the fact we aren’t bowl eligible, maybe it’s that next year and beyond are looking bleak in the new, “Big Tent,” as a friend called it, maybe it’s due to the injuries on this team that give them glaring holes to be exposed, or maybe it’s all the games we either blew or should have won, but didn’t this season.

Either way it’s likely a combination of all that and, judging by the posts from other fans here, it feels like a lot of fans feel the same way. 😭😣😔

My excitement and confidence for this game (not mention our chances of winning it) is literally zero. Maybe it’s losing by a ton to Ohio State, maybe it’s the fact we aren’t bowl eligible, maybe it’s that next year and beyond are looking bleak in the new, “Big Tent,” as a friend called it, maybe it’s due to the injuries on this team that give them glaring holes to be exposed, or maybe it’s all the games we either blew or should have won, but didn’t this season.

Either way it’s likely a combination of all that and, judging by the posts from other fans here, it feels like a lot of fans feel the same way. 😭😣😔
That's football!

Hey, don't bring me down. I'm relatively new to Minnesota and have started to follow/be a fan of the Gophers. Saturday will be my 1st Gopher game. Figured I would go to the rivalry game to experience the best of what Gopher football has to offer.

Why are people so convinced we can't win this game? Yes I understand why we are down on our team, but do people not realize that Wisconsin lost to Indiana just a couple of weeks ago? They are not good either.

Wisc came off an exciting win over Nebraska, I fear they will have the emotional edge.

We need some players to step up, and the others to follow. Need some GRIT.

Time to focus on beating the shunks, keeping the Axe in Minnesota and getting bowl eligible.

Go Gophers
Nothing better than beating the Skunk in a popcorn box...

150px-BuckinghamUBadger.jpg
shopping

Wisc came off an exciting win over Nebraska, I fear they will have the emotional edge.

We need some players to step up, and the others to follow. Need some GRIT.
Agree.

Gophers are licking their wounds and likely not a confident bunch at this point. This is reality check time for MN. Becky is coming to town to reclaim the Axe!! How bad do we want to keep it? And go bowling? Bring it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Things didn't go how we expected or planned this season. There has been some disappointment but this week that doesnt matter. That said it is Wisconsin week and it is Better dead than Red and 94 East! There will be far too many cheese Weasles in the stadium. If you don't understand how important this week is and beating Wisconsin you are not a Gopher fan. These turds infest the places we work and live and never shut up about God's country and how great Wisconsin is. They will be coming hard after the Axe and we know it. We are seeking our first 3 game win streak since 1984 to 1987. The Axe matters to us! Once a Gopher always a Gopher, No time to feel sorry for ourselves or each other. We need this win to send the seniors out right and that matters to me and should matter to all Gopher fans. If you sold your tickets to a Badgers fan SHAME! You deserve shame shame shame walk! This is a game you pull out all stops and leave no effort unturned. I'm grateful for being fortunate to have season tickets and still remember the joy of beating Nebraska, and the joy of the PIG coming home. The Gophers can and will Beat the Badgers! For the Seniors, ROW the Boat, SKI U MAH and go Gophers!

Last edited:

Things didn't go how we expected or planned this season. There has been some disappointment but this week that doesnt matter. That said it is Wisconsin week and it is Better dead than Red and 94 East! There will be far too many cheese Weasles in the stadium. If you don't understand how important this week is and beating Wisconsin you are not a Gopher fan. These turds infest the places we work and live and never shut up about God's country and how great Wisconsin is. They will be coming hard after the Axe and we know it. We are seeking our first 3 game win streak since 1984 to 1987. The Axe matters to us! Once a Gopher always a Gopher, No time to feel sorry for ourselves or each other. We need this win to send the seniors out right and that matters to me and should matter to all Gopher fans. If you sold your tickets to a Badgers dan SHAME! You deserve shame shame shame walk! This is a game you pull out all stops and leave no effort unturned. Beat the Badgers! ROW the Boat, SKI U MAH and go Gophers!

Attachments

• good-good-let-the-hate-flow-through-you-13858771.png
    good-good-let-the-hate-flow-through-you-13858771.png
    67.5 KB · Views: 1

I stayed off last week because I just figured it was going to be rough with the Buckeyes and the game turned out pretty much how I expected. I'm not necessarily upset about the Ohio State loss as much as the rest of the season, though.

I think most of us figured Michigan and Ohio State would be likely losses considering how good they'd be this season, and same with North Carolina, arguably. However, having wins over the likes of Purdue, Northwestern, Illinois would have made these blow outs a lot easier to swallow.

With that said, the Axe is still in play. I don't think that getting to 6-6 and earning a bowl berth will make this season a huge success, but it would feel pretty great to keep the Axe and hold it in the trophy case with Floyd. Beat Wisconsin and for that matter, get a bowl victory and clinch a winning season.

history time:

MN all-time record vs Wisconsin 62-62-8.
at MN: 38-27-2 / at Wisc 24-35-6

1st meeting in 1890 - MN won 63-0 (still record for largest margin of victory)

MN has won 3 of last 5 meetings. But from 1995 to the present, MN is 5-23 vs Wisc.

largest margin of defeat 39 pts twice.

Gophers longest winning streak 9 gms (1933-41).
Longest losing streak 14 games (2004-2017).

and the odd fact - MN and Wisconsin had 3 consecutive games end in ties from 1923 to '25.

Why are people so convinced we can't win this game? Yes I understand why we are down on our team, but do people not realize that Wisconsin lost to Indiana just a couple of weeks ago? They are not good either.
They haven't watched Wisconsin play and are caught up in the idea that we are terrible and have no shot against anybody.

If we get some guys back from injury I like our chances. If we are still down Taylor, Evans, Lindenberg and Mav it could be tough sledding.

Wisconsin is nothing special this year at all. We have to play well (and that is no sure thing right now) but if the players and coaches pull it together we can absolutely extend the streak against Wisconsin and keep the Axe in Minnesota where it belongs.

history time:

MN all-time record vs Wisconsin 62-62-8.
at MN: 38-27-2 / at Wisc 24-35-6

1st meeting in 1890 - MN won 63-0 (still record for largest margin of victory)

MN has won 3 of last 5 meetings. But from 1995 to the present, MN is 5-23 vs Wisc.

largest margin of defeat 39 pts twice.

Gophers longest winning streak 9 gms (1933-41).
Longest losing streak 14 games (2004-2017).

and the odd fact - MN and Wisconsin had 3 consecutive games end in ties from 1923 to '25.
Looks to me like we need to "improve our best" by getting a larger margin of victory. It's time!

I'm originally from South Texas, but have been in Minnesota for 10 years. Saturday will be my first Gopher game. Any tips on pregame festivities or traditions I need to check out?

Hey, don't bring me down. I'm relatively new to Minnesota and have started to follow/be a fan of the Gophers. Saturday will be my 1st Gopher game. Figured I would go to the rivalry game to experience the best of what Gopher football has to offer.
If we win, I will give you some credit. If we lose...all on you since PJ has used up all of his, "it's on me," for the season.

If we win, I will give you some credit. If we lose...all on you since PJ has used up all of his, "it's on me," for the season.
Fair enough. I hope the Gophers win but I'm not too emotionally invested. Just trying to go to a ball game with my son.

For Wisconsin, this is the "Get into the Music City Bowl" game. They walk away happy for the entire season if they beat Minnesota and advance.

I'm originally from South Texas, but have been in Minnesota for 10 years. Saturday will be my first Gopher game. Any tips on pregame festivities or traditions I need to check out?

Not much from me. During high-attendance games, traffic can be bad, so come early to park. Prepay parking is an option. I don't think traffic will be bad for this. Also, there are more things around the metro area to do that are better than hanging out on campus, but if one had time there are a few establishments and restaurants to hit in the campus area and some on the cheaper side. There are a couple large parking lots on one side where people tailgate, more a warmer weather thing. Anyone can walk in there.

Wear layers for the cold and something warm around the neck. Don't underestimate this.

Not much from me. During high-attendance games, traffic can be bad, so come early to park. Prepay parking is an option. I don't think traffic will be bad for this. Also, there are more things around the metro area to do that are better than hanging out on campus, but if one had time there are a few establishments and restaurants to hit in the campus area and some on the cheaper side. There are a couple large parking lots on one side where people tailgate, more a warmer weather thing. Anyone can walk in there.

Wear layers for the cold and something warm around the neck. Don't underestimate this.
Thanks for the info. That's kind of what we planned. Park early, find a place to get some lunch, watch the early game. We're fans of the team that gave the coach $77 million to not be coach. They play LSWho at 11:00. That being said we will be rooting for the Gophers.

Top Bottom