Winner of Gophers Shack Goldy-o-Lantern contest announced

GoAUpher

Section 246
Reaction score
The winner of the Gophers Shack carving contest is up. It's a pretty cool carving of TCF. I'll have to plan ahead for next year's competition if I want to stand a chance! I'm excited to see what the other entries looked like.
Pat%20Daly-thumb-500x375-683.jpg

It's certainly not bad. I actually expected a bit more. Maybe it was the theme that won it -- any idea if we'll get to see the others?

Great job, its actually a lot harder than it looks. I really like the detail of the lights.

Winners are up

Hey, thanks for the plug.

It was a lot fun, but I wish I had more entries.

We only got nine entries, but that's ok. I think next year I'll set the deadline a little later.

Here's the updated blogpost. There is a slideshow of the nine. Please click on the photos to see the captions. One of the winners was Lee Campbell's mom. Happy Halloween and Go Gophers!!!

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophersshack/2009/10/goldy-o-lantern-contest-winners.html

Hey Ben sorry I started carving my masterpiece and one slip of the knife and I f'd the whole thing up, so I didn't turn anything in. Do it again next year and I'll buy more pumpkins!

I totally would've made one (or two) but I didn't hear about it until time was short. Also, being called the "Goldy" contest, it seemed like the image had to be of Goldy.

EDIT: looking at the other submissions, it's apparent I'm not the only one who thought it was supposed to be an image of Goldy. Almost unfair that the winner was the only non-Goldy image. Ah well. Great work to whoever did the old-school Goldy. That's my vote!

just beautiful, they just be placed somewhere on the field for tomorrow's game!!

Top Bottom