Willis to miss second straight game

As expected. Would have been very surprised if he played in this one. Even if he is healthy, should win without him and gives him an extra week to heal

Exactly. Just get a solid win. With this team, nothing is a given.

Just hope that they guys are over the bad stuff and continue to improve.

As long as we win, this helps the team in the long run. More minutes for Williams will make him a better player and someone on the bench we can rely on during the Big Ten season.

Need a big win where we can get good minutes to freeman, Ihnen, greenlee and others

Need a big win where we can get good minutes to freeman, Ihnen, greenlee and others

It's tough with the damn NET. You're punished if you get your end of the bench guys on and your 25 point win turns into 12 point win.

I've heard Pitino talk about it last season and needing to coach to the NET. I honestly think those guys get in way earlier yesterday without the NET metric.

I'm not complaining about it. That's the metric being used so coaches have to adapt and get the most out of it.

I was at the game and saw that Willis was wearing a boot. What exactly did he do? Worries me that he's going to be out for an extended period of time. Hopefully just precautionary. Also, holy crap Freeman is a big dude...and pretty athletic. He's obviously very raw, but could see him being an animal on D and on the boards in the upcoming years. He also has very nice form on his shot - drained some FT's.

It's tough with the damn NET. You're punished if you get your end of the bench guys on and your 25 point win turns into 12 point win.

I've heard Pitino talk about it last season and needing to coach to the NET. I honestly think those guys get in way earlier yesterday without the NET metric.

I'm not complaining about it. That's the metric being used so coaches have to adapt and get the most out of it.

I will complain about it. Have never understood using efficiency or scoring margin. I wonder how coaches really feel about it at this point. Really doesnt affect most small or mid majors as they need to be conference champs, so they might not care. I get they could make changes if they wanted, but still hard for me to believe most major conference coaches like using efficiency and scoring margin.

Last edited:

I was at the game and saw that Willis was wearing a boot. What exactly did he do? Worries me that he's going to be out for an extended period of time. Hopefully just precautionary. Also, holy crap Freeman is a big dude...and pretty athletic. He's obviously very raw, but could see him being an animal on D and on the boards in the upcoming years. He also has very nice form on his shot - drained some FT's.
Concerning Freeman I was also impressed by his shooting form. I saw him knocking down a few threes during warmups.

Top Bottom