Willie VandeSteeg last night on MNF

GopherKISS

Reaction score
Great shot off my 55" LED- Excellent!

Willie VandeSteeg (left) standing by Coach on MNF.

mail

Attachments

• photo-4.jpg
    photo-4.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 193

picture no worky... for me anyway.

Me either. I only saw about 10 minutes of the game but every time I saw him he was being pushed 3 or 4 yards downfield. He did not seem particularly impressive based on what I saw.

Me either. I only saw about 10 minutes of the game but every time I saw him he was being pushed 3 or 4 yards downfield. He did not seem particularly impressive based on what I saw.

There- Now it works.

He said he was saving himself for the regular season

it looks likely (to me at least) that he will get cut.

his main competition is second a round draft pick who looked REALLY good last night. his best play was actually on jack simmons on a crossing route. he had very good coverage and disrupted the play.

i couldn't imagine vandesteeg covering simmons on a pass play, but i guess that situation is not out of the realm of possibilities during gopher practice.

in other former gopher news, since wheelright is supposed to play for the ravens and seeing as all anyone has said about the ravens is that they are hurting for a receiver then i guess he is quite buried on the depth chart.

He's been playing a lot on special teams from what I've heard. That's his only shot to make the team.

I saw Jack simmons drop a ball last night on mondaynight football for the jets

I saw Jack simmons drop a ball last night on mondaynight football for the jets

i saw that too.

i started laughing when he dropped it and said "you just got cut". didn't realize it was him.

very hard for a 255 lb DE who runs a 4.9 to find a place in the league, especially when having to convert to a 3=4 outside backer. The great part about his game was how well he used his hands which is why he had such a terrible year as a junior when he was 1 handed. If he can add 15 lbs he may have a shot

Best of luck Willie! You were one of my favorite Gophers the past 4-5 years!

I think it's worth noting that they've given an OL number to a DE/LB.

Not saying that means he definitely won't make the roster - I just don't think it's a good sign.

I'm guessing he'll take a stab at either the CFL or the UFL.

Another shot of Willie

Ready for action..!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 13

Top Bottom