Will Mo and Tanner splitting Heisman votes cost both the award?

Excuse me?

We have almost no shot at either. No publicity campaign for either even if they do extremely well.

First world football problems

I love Mo but clearly it is Tanner’s award to lose. It has somewhat become a QB award. I think the biggest question is if Morgan has enough moxie to strike a Heisman pose in the Camp Randall south end zone when he scores the winning TD in the final minute of the Wisconsin game.

Tanner keeps poaching TDs from Mo at the goaline with these new QB sneaks. If Mo keeps going 130+ yards and 2+ TDs a game. He will get into the conversation at some point, as long as the team continues to win.

Tanner keeps poaching TDs from Mo at the goaline with these new QB sneaks. If Mo keeps going 130+ yards and 2+ TDs a game. He will get into the conversation at some point, as long as the team continues to win.
Mo only needs four (I think) more TDs to pass Thompson. Don't think we need to worry about that. Kirk will probably keep calling QB's number from a yard out until someone proves it can be stopped. I hope the QBs get 25 TDs on the year.

Tanner has a big advantage over Mo in chasing career records. Barring injury he is going to be on the field almost all the time in conference season. Mo is not.

If both ended up as nominees in the final 4, I think that will be tremendous for them both individually and for our program. But I’d say to both of them, team conference & national achievements will trump over their individual Heisman award.

I’d be surprised to see any of them as a final 4 Heisman nominees.

So you're saying they have a shot?
I had Mo Ibrahim last season 150-1 to win the Heisman. I felt really good about that bet when he was ripping up Ohio State on massive volume.

Had Mo played all 12 regular season games last year and stayed 100% healthy he would have probably been a top 3 rusher nationally and would have at least been on the fringes of the Heisman race. It's hard these days to win it not playing on a CFP team, but there's worse long-shots for the award than Mo.

Mo has the same long shot this year, but it will probably take a Big Ten Championship or 12 win regular season on top of a rushing title to do it.

If they continue to run up the scores early, neither. ;) Backups will get more and more of the yards and TDs.

Top Bottom