Will Juwan Howard and Michigan Own the B1G for the Next Decade?

Otis

Reaction score
His team currently has only 1 loss. (inexplicably to the Gophers)

He has the #1 recruiting class in the country coming in to Ann Arbor.

He has legendary status at his college and a solid NBA resume to recruit with.

So far, he seems to be holding his own and out-coaching most of his competition.

His players seem to love him.

I don't see anything stopping the Maize and Blue. Izzo may even start to lose recruiting battles in his favorite city of Flint.

Indiana is down. Ohio State is up and down. Iowa is flawed. Maryland is down. Illinois is always a guessing game.

So who's going to stop them?

Do any of you see this happening any differently?

So far, he seems to be holding his own and out-coaching most of his competition.

I don't see anything stopping the Maize and Blue. Izzo may even start to lose recruiting battles in his favorite city of Flint.

Indiana is down. Ohio State is up and down. Iowa is flawed. Maryland is down. Illinois is always a guessing game.

Hopefully the NBA comes calling.

Hopefully the NBA comes calling.
But what if he pulls a Saban without suffering through a Miami? Michigan will pay him, they just re-upped Harbaugh who can't beat OSU!

Yeah they are going to be a tough team to beat. We'll have to wait and see what happens with their stud players and their stud recruits though.

But what if he pulls a Saban without suffering through a Miami? Michigan will pay him, they just re-upped Harbaugh who can't beat OSU!
A man can hope.

Scandal will take him down if anything. We will see if the NCAA regards Michigan on the same stage as UNC, Kansas, etc and lets them get away with it, or if they make them pay.

That, or if he is doing everything right, then the answer to your question is no. Izzo is done as a powerhouse. He is getting old and cranky and I see him losing ground quick to the younger Howard.

Indiana as you say is down and I don't see them ever returning to their former glory. Iowa is in a similar position to the Gophers, Illinois as well, but their coach has a plan and plays tough D, a recipe for success. Maryland will be back, I don't question that.

As for Ohio State, they will never be down as the take home pay of their players is too great for blue chip recruits to not at least consider.

No. I don’t think anyone has owned the conference for a decade in men’s basketball. I don’t think anyone ever will. Maybe will be the best team over the next 10 years but he currently has a team with 9 seniors/grad transfers and his top 2 underclass men may declare. Even a strong recruiting class struggled to replace up to 11 players (not counting other potential transfers)

Scandal will take him down if anything. We will see if the NCAA regards Michigan on the same stage as UNC, Kansas, etc and lets them get away with it, or if they make them pay.

That, or if he is doing everything right, then the answer to your question is no. Izzo is done as a powerhouse. He is getting old and cranky and I see him losing ground quick to the younger Howard.

Indiana as you say is down and I don't see them ever returning to their former glory. Iowa is in a similar position to the Gophers, Illinois as well, but their coach has a plan and plays tough D, a recipe for success. Maryland will be back, I don't question that.

As for Ohio State, they will never be down as the take home pay of their players is too great for blue chip recruits to not at least consider.

Haven't heard that he was playing it dirty?

If, in a few years if an NBA job was offered by a team that was loaded with superstars primed to win and indicate they are willing to be coached by Howard, I would not see how he could turn that down.

I doubt he will jump to the NBA anytime soon. His son Jace is a freshman on the team and Jett, class of 2022 is expected to play for him as well.

If, in a few years if an NBA job was offered by a team that was loaded with superstars primed to win and indicate they are willing to be coached by Howard, I would not see how he could turn that down.

Id be stunned if he doesn’t end up heading back to the NBA someday. Juwan is a relatively young man so plenty of time for that. He is the 3rd or 4th youngest coach in the conference

It would be a blast to play for the guy, his teams play with so much energy and have a ton of fun. A great case of the team taking on the personality of the coach and succeeding - in contrast to....

He is the next John Wooden. Michigan will win 11 straight national championships and every kid out of high school will dream of playing at Crisler. :cool02:

He's a Fab 5 Guy - he's home. I don't see him leaving anytime soon.

Bear in mind, some are so good at their jobs they don't have to cheat to win.

Top Bottom