Why do I feel like we could actually lose Tonight?

Will the Gophers win Tonight?

• Yes

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Tie

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Otis

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I feel there is a strong possibility we lose.

Yes, we would be the first B1G team to fail to beat Nebby.

Talk me off the ledge if you can.

Because the team has been so inconsistent. Because Carr tends to think he has to take over the game himself, and runs a lot of play-sets that make no sense....

Last edited:

I'll try to talk you off the ledge even though I somewhat agree with your feelings.

I haven't watched Nebraska play but they seem pretty bad. They've had a harderish schedule like us in the Big Ten playing Michigan, Ohio St, Iowa, Mich St x 2. I don't know I mean we're the better team both on paper and on the court. We've played really bad but I think we pull this one off.

I had this thought after watching us meltdown against Rutgers. I haven't seen more than 2 minutes of Nebrasketball this year so maybe they suck bad enough that they'll lose to the gophers no matter what but I doubt that.

Let's put it this way. If we play as well as we did in a loss to Rutgers we'll win by at least 10.

Hoiberg has been bad so far at Nebraska. This is a game we will win. Though I understand the hesitation as we have plenty of issues of our own.

My general disdain for Nebraska being in the Big Ten will not allow me to consider that they won't win tonight.

I think they win tonight, and if the away game gets rescheduled I think they win that too. Take that!

NE has some skilled players that come from quite varied backgrounds.
Varied is a euphemism
Hoiberg is running last chance U there and has had trouble getting them to play as a team and to play defense even when the shots are not falling.
He was quite ill from the virus so did not spend the long downtime whipping them into a team.
Monday will be a test for both teams.

As bad as they are, it's hard to imagine Nebraska going winless in conference play.

If there was ever gonna be one team to fuck up someone else's string of futility, that's typically the Gophers, let's be real.

That being said, it would be nice to win another game before the season ends.

If there was ever gonna be one team to fuck up someone else's string of futility, that's typically the Gophers, let's be real.

That being said, it would be nice to win another game before the season ends.
This is my point exactly!

They should really rename Murphy's Law to "Minnesota Sports Law" If it can go wrong it will go wrong! That is why we are all nervous that a team that pounded Mich/MSU/Ohio St could lose to one of the worst B1G teams in the last few years.

Is it too much to ask to be have the confidence of a Tom Brady led team knowing no matter what it looks like all year, it will end up in success? I mean WE DESERVE IT

They should really rename Murphy's Law to "Minnesota Sports Law" If it can go wrong it will go wrong! That is why we are all nervous that a team that pounded Mich/MSU/Ohio St could lose to one of the worst B1G teams in the last few years.

Is it too much to ask to be have the confidence of a Tom Brady led team knowing no matter what it looks like all year, it will end up in success? I mean WE DESERVE IT
There is some curse laid upon us as sports fans. Being MN fans is about as brutal of a hobby as there is.

never underestimate the Gophers' ability to sh*t the bed.

Look - the Gophers could win by 30 points or lose by 10 points - and neither outcome would surprise me.

by definition, it's impossible to be surprised when you have no idea what is going to happen.

if the Gophers lose, I will be disappointed - but not surprised.

(and BTW, if the Gophers somehow do manage to lose this game, that might be the last straw as far as Pitino keeping his job....)

Well, I tend to concur with SON.

Also. The original thread title was "Why do I "feel" they could lose. Speaking as a fan of Gopher basketball since 1969 when I was 9. Why I feel they could lose this game is that "nagging voice of experience". Things that could go wrong do have a tendency to do so. Obviously this is a game that we Gophers should win. But there are those nagging doubts........

Last edited:

Yep, SON hit the nail squarely on the head!

While we easily could win by 30 and should win by ten we all know that it isn't out of the realm of possibility for the Gophers to lose and not only lose, but lose by a significant margin.

My brother and I have often wondered why sporting events with a "Minnesota" team aren't taken off the board more often by the sports books.

Especially Gopher Basketball and the Vikings.

I'm not sure that we have been doing a good job talking Otis off of the ledge!

The Goofers are capable of bringing out a myriad of painful memories, which give rise to the axiom that "anything can happen."

I do not think they lose tonight, but I am also not convinced they win. This is the natural belief of any diehard Gopher fan. Make sure you have an escape capsule on the SS Gopher.

While we easily could win by 30 and should win by ten we all know that it isn't out of the realm of possibility for the Gophers to lose and not only lose, but lose by a significant margin.

My brother and I have often wondered why sporting events with a "Minnesota" team aren't taken off the board more often by the sports books.

Only sure bet is Twins playoff game.

As bad as they are, it's hard to imagine Nebraska going winless in conference play.

They've lost 23 straight games against Big Ten teams dating back to last year. Haven't had a road Big Ten win in two calendar years.

I suppose they are due.

Right? Vikings and Gopher football team historically make third string QBs look like MVPs.

Only if you talk me off the ledge after...

They've lost 23 straight games against Big Ten teams dating back to last year. Haven't had a road Big Ten win in two calendar years.

I suppose they are due.
That's bad.

Hopefully, you are still breathing? Of course the Gophers won! Wish I had seen this earlier...you know like 15 minutes ago when I was confident we were going to win tonight.

I knew we were going to win, I knew it all along! ;)

Top Bottom