Whos's ready to hire an Adidas aligned coach?

Do we need a coach with Shoe Company ties?

• Yes, sign us up!

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • No, those types are cheaters.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • We just need a different coach.

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Pitino is fine.

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

Otis

Reaction score
I'm kind of tired of losing all these recruits. Maybe we should hire a coach with closer ties to a shoe company who has a bigger presence in the AAU circuit.

Pitino, who I like and would like to see succeed here, has raised the recruiting scores but can't seem to close the deal with the 5* players. Is what he's missing the connection to Shoe Companies and AAU? Does he just need an assistant with these qualifications?

Major bummed today!

I'm kind of tired of losing all these recruits. Maybe we should hire a coach with closer ties to a shoe company who has a bigger presence in the AAU circuit.

Pitino, who I like and would like to see succeed here, has raised the recruiting scores but can't seem to close the deal with the 5* players. Is what he's missing the connection to Shoe Companies and AAU? Does he just need an assistant with these qualifications?

Major bummed today!

Pitino was as Adidas aligned as you can get. It won't matter because the U is a Nike school.

Besides the AAU stuff, there are very few 5 star players available. There are about 25 total. At least 5 are wash outs or academic casualty. The blue bloods divide nearly all the rest and what is left over is not likely to want to come to Minnesota. Find the kids you keep for several years, develop them, play lock down defense.

The only coaches who are adidas aligned are the ones that coach at an adidas school. They would flip to Nike or UA in a heartbeat if they could get a better deal for themselves.

Last edited:

Top Bottom