Whose seat is hotter? Captain Khakis or Frosty The NoMan

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
I think after the Rutgers debacle, Jimbo has edged ahead in this epic battle toward unemployment. I would think that Michigan alums would be at their breaking point at this point and maybe since Frosty's playing career was more recent (recency bias), that may engender him to more goodwill from the children of the corn?

I think after the Rutgers debacle, Jimbo has edged ahead in this epic battle toward unemployment. I would think that Michigan alums would be at their breaking point at this point and maybe since Frosty's playing career was more recent (recency bias), that may engender him to more goodwill from the children of the corn?

Why might be good for Minnesota is both are having their issues during a weird season where athletic department $$$ might be short. This would lend both schools into being more patient.

Usually the thing that would get the Michigan or Nebraska coach fired would be a loss to Minnesota.

For Nebraska, that's not the case anymore.

Why might be good for Minnesota is both are having their issues during a weird season where athletic department $$$ might be short. This would lend both schools into being more patient.

Usually the thing that would get the Michigan or Nebraska coach fired would be a loss to Minnesota.

For Nebraska, that's not the case anymore.

Check out Frosty's interview after the game, he was completely befuddled by getting smoked by the Fightin Lovies.

Speaking of befuddlement, I can not get my head around Captain Khakis failure to take Michigan to a higher level - a playoff appearance or two at this point. I thought he could find another Andrew Luck to follow him to Ann Arbor and restore them to the upper echelon and take some wind out of OSU whose smugness makes me look humble.

Last edited:

Harbaugh isn’t short for talent. The backup QB sure looked good last night. IMO seemed clearly ahead of Milton, but it was less than one game sample size. Don’t know why he wasn’t starting to begin with. The amount of talent they have on D is impressive. Even with injuries, they should be able to dispose of Rutgers easily. Harbaugh is on the shorter leash. I think deep down, Nebby fans know if Frost can’t lead them to the promised land, nobody can.

I think Harbaugh's chances of being back at Michigan next year is close to zero. It's shocking he's coaching on a 2 year contract right now, and I don't see him coaching on a 1 year deal, nor is he getting an extension.

Frost will get another year, although he's starting to make Nebraskan's yearn for the Bill Callahan years.

Harbaugh found a quarterback last night. That makes them a threat against ohi o state. If he beats Ohio state, he's secure. That's the season for Michigan. Frost? He should be glad there's no fans in the stadium cause they would be livid

Why would Harbaugh want to stay?

Just as the way Saban does things didn't work in the NFL, and works great in the SEC, I think Harbaugh is much better suited for the NFL.

At this point, I guess I would be surprised if anyone can get Michigan to surpass Ohio State. It would take a collasal blunder by OSU in coaching hire, and a generational college coaching talent to land at Mich.

Maybe they'll go after Matt Campbell? He has Iowa State looking ready to win the Big XII this year.

Yeh, probably most likely Harbaugh pursues an NFL job to make it easier for Michigan.

Nebby, yes. I think the fans know it's Frost or not.
But I think Frost is limited as a coach.
He's too old school at this point. The Dabo's of the world will recruit circles around him and better develop kids than a Frost can.

There have to be hundreds of kids who were highly recruited at Nebraska who never developed into the players they could have been.

Vedral and Adrian Martinez are the two QB examples. Vedral was smart to transfer out and looks far better as a QB now.

Harbaugh found a quarterback last night. That makes them a threat against ohi o state. If he beats Ohio state, he's secure. That's the season for Michigan. Frost? He should be glad there's no fans in the stadium cause they would be livid
OSU wins by 5 touchdowns. Minimum.

Marbles In His Mouth Frost is totally lost.

He's been mumbling the same faux tough guy responses in post game pressers for three years now, and the program continues to regress from their automatic 9 win seasons under Pelini and others.

Marbles In His Mouth Frost is totally lost.

He's been mumbling the same faux tough guy responses in post game pressers for three years now, and the program continues to regress from their automatic 9 win seasons under Pelini and others.

its true. When a coach keeps on babbling about toughness you get the idea he has no real clue.

No honorable mention for James Franklin? Worst start in program history.

No honorable mention for James Franklin? Worst start in program history.
There has been enough success in that program, and enough very high-end recruiting that one aberration shouldn't be much of a concern. Just last year PSU was close to top 10 and threatening a run at the playoffs.

PSU fans should be more concerned about rumors going around about Franklin and his program outside of the football field. Franklin should be on the hot seat for off-field concerns, not W/L records in this strange year of 2020.

Yeh, probably most likely Harbaugh pursues an NFL job to make it easier for Michigan.

Nebby, yes. I think the fans know it's Frost or not.
But I think Frost is limited as a coach.
He's too old school at this point. The Dabo's of the world will recruit circles around him and better develop kids than a Frost can.

There have to be hundreds of kids who were highly recruited at Nebraska who never developed into the players they could have been.

Vedral and Adrian Martinez are the two QB examples. Vedral was smart to transfer out and looks far better as a QB now.
They got Kurt Warner's son and Ed McCaffrey's 4th son. Both should get out, while the getting's good.

Check out Frosty's interview after the game, he was completely befuddled by getting smoked by the Fightin Lovies.

Speaking of befuddlement, I can not get my head around Captain Khakis failure to take Michigan to a higher level - a playoff appearance or two at this point. I thought he could find another Andrew Luck to follow him to Ann Arbor and restore them to the upper echelon and take some wind out of OSU whose smugness makes me look humble.
You have to beat Ohio state to do that.

who has beaten Ohio state since Meyer arrived?

purdue once
Iowa once
Clemson?
Oklahoma?

Not many have

Harbaugh isn’t short for talent. The backup QB sure looked good last night. IMO seemed clearly ahead of Milton, but it was less than one game sample size. Don’t know why he wasn’t starting to begin with. The amount of talent they have on D is impressive. Even with injuries, they should be able to dispose of Rutgers easily. Harbaugh is on the shorter leash. I think deep down, Nebby fans know if Frost can’t lead them to the promised land, nobody can.

Great post.

I thought Harbaugh would be at the level that Kelly has taken ND to - two top 5 finishes, including a loss in the National Championship Game (excluding what happens this year).

Spot on about Nebby - the only kind of talented coach I can see them getting would be a reclamation project like Huge Freeze - Sark is on also, but his "sins" IMO weren't as bad as Mr. Freeze.

Why would Harbaugh want to stay?

Just as the way Saban does things didn't work in the NFL, and works great in the SEC, I think Harbaugh is much better suited for the NFL.

At this point, I guess I would be surprised if anyone can get Michigan to surpass Ohio State. It would take a collasal blunder by OSU in coaching hire, and a generational college coaching talent to land at Mich.

Maybe they'll go after Matt Campbell? He has Iowa State looking ready to win the Big XII this year.
I think the opposite. Better suited for college.

Harbaugh has a short contract; Frost has a contract that runs many more years. Maybe no coach is vulnerable in a COVID year, but from an economic standpoint alone, Captain Khaki Pants is much closer to the edge of the cliff.

Top Bottom