Who Wins The East (our victim in the championship game)

Who do we get?

• Total voters

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
So who we playing? Per my other thread we’re Winning the West🎉🥳

I’m taking Michigan - I think this is “ their year”, they have to beat them sometime in Harbaugh’s tenure, Stroud is a Fr.and has to do it in Ann Arbor - if they were playing in Columbus, my 7am green tea analysis might swing they other way!

This way we get to win Floyd, da Axe and da Jug in the same year - yes I know it’s not a regular season game on the schedule, so it may not technically count (I have contacted the Athletic Department for a ruling), but Gophers don’t care - we Win will jug-a-lug from da Jug (real, imaginary or virtual)!

Last edited:

Very interested to see what happens tomorrow in the MSU/Mich and PSU/OSU games. I am pretty sure the East is a two team race between Michigan and Ohio State but tomorrow will prove whether or not MSU and PSU have a shot to be factors (my gut says they both fall by the wayside, PSU in blowout fashion and MSU in a hard fought loss).

Went with Ohio State, but the big game is in Michigan this year and this is probably Michigan's best shot in a long time to beat them.

PSU has shown that it is flawed. MSU simply hasn't played anyone yet.

Mich OSU will determine the winner, as Big Ten leadership always desires.

This way we get to win Floyd, da Axe and da Jug in the same year - yes I know it’s not a regular season game on the schedule, so it may not technically count (I have contacted the Athletic Department for a ruling), but Gophers don’t care - we Win will jug-a-lug from da Jug (real, imaginary or virtual)!
Well, those are the three real trophies.

PSU trophy is dumb and was forced. Would be fine cancelling it.

Internet memes aren't real trophies, of course, though they're fine for fundraising and internet fanbases smack talking.

OSU in blowout fashion the rest of the way, including over Michigan.
While I do think that is entirely possible, I would like to see Ohio State against a good defense again because they haven't exactly been playing strong defensive teams of late (Tulsa, Akron, Rutgers, Maryland, and Indiana).

Their final 5 games are against teams with at least serviceable defenses. Will be interesting to see if they can keep blowing teams off the field.

OSU is at a level only 2 or 3 other teams are at and none of those other teams are Michigan. Does Michigan have no hope of beating OSU? I wouldn't say that, but I would give them a less than 10% chance of doing so!

So who we playing? Per my other thread we’re Winning the West🎉🥳

I’m taking Michigan - I think this is “ their year”, they have to beat them sometime in Harbaugh’s tenure, Stroud is a Fr.and has to do it in Ann Arbor - if they were playing in Columbus, my 7am green tea analysis might swing they other way!

Thank you for contacting the Athletic Department on this issue. I posted elsewhere that never have two teams met in the B1G title game and had a trophy between the two teams. I picked OSU but in my heart I would like the see the Wolverines (or anyone else) make it for parity's sake.

Let their emotions flame out winning The Game, the we ground game them for 45 offensive minutes in the B1G Championship

These speculations are meaningless but a useful diversion until the games are actually played.

Well, those are the three real trophies.

PSU trophy is dumb and was forced. Would be fine cancelling it.

Internet memes aren't real trophies, of course, though they're fine for fundraising and internet fanbases smack talking.
nXDrXWw.png
the Chair isn't mad, it's just disappointed.

I’m taking Michigan - I think this is “ their year”

I agree with that. This is their best year under Harbaugh so far and a fine year it is. I'm just not sure that's enough to overcome OSU's offense, the best in the nation. The difference between OSU's points per game and the #2 (Alabama) team's points per game is 3.4. That is the same as the difference between #2 and #7 (Ole Miss).

While I do think that is entirely possible, I would like to see Ohio State against a good defense again because they haven't exactly been playing strong defensive teams of late (Tulsa, Akron, Rutgers, Maryland, and Indiana).

Their final 5 games are against teams with at least serviceable defenses. Will be interesting to see if they can keep blowing teams off the field.

Well, as it turns out, we have a pretty fair defense; not top ten but #26 in points allowed. They scored 45 against us. At the time that seemed fairly bad but given that they scored 52, 54, and 66 against Rutgers, Indiana, and Maryland, our 45 looks better every week. In terms of points given up, Michigan has a fine defense (#2 in the nation) but OSU has gotten pretty good themselves (#18). I certainly believe Michigan can hold the score down better than most others but I wouldn't be surprised to see OSU scoring over 30 against them.

Thank you for contacting the Athletic Department on this issue. I posted elsewhere that never have two teams met in the B1G title game and had a trophy between the two teams. I picked OSU but in my heart I would like the see the Wolverines (or anyone else) make it for parity's sake.
My pleasure - I tried calling a couple of times and no joy, so I’m interested to see what response we receive and will update ASAP. I agree with your sentiment above as far as how this plays out in the East - I also think Michigan is a better matchup for us as well. Man this is fun.

Well, as it turns out, we have a pretty fair defense; not top ten but #26 in points allowed. They scored 45 against us. At the time that seemed fairly bad but given that they scored 52, 54, and 66 against Rutgers, Indiana, and Maryland, our 45 looks better every week. In terms of points given up, Michigan has a fine defense (#2 in the nation) but OSU has gotten pretty good themselves (#18). I certainly believe Michigan can hold the score down better than most others but I wouldn't be surprised to see OSU scoring over 30 against them.
I would actually be very curious to see how our defense would do against them in a rematch. Obviously they have amazing athletes all over the field, but we are doing a much better job of stopping the explosive plays and those were what killed us in game 1.

Everything is predicated on the Gophers winning out. This goes for the BTT and the Rose Bowl implications.

I think if the score of a Minn vs Mich big ten championship was going to be added to the Jug, then the Jug should go to whoever won, even if the exchange happens after the game and not on the field. If, however, they wouldn't add the score, then it doesn't really matter.

Like if Minn won, they added the score, but then Mich keeps the trophy until the next match it would make no sense.

I think if the score of a Minn vs Mich big ten championship was going to be added to the Jug, then the Jug should go to whoever won, even if the exchange happens after the game and not on the field. If, however, they wouldn't add the score, then it doesn't really matter.

Like if Minn won, they added the score, but then Mich keeps the trophy until the next match it would make no sense.
The jug wheels are in motion at this point, since the AD is aware his stakeholders, the fans, are interested.

mid you can’t put the score B10 Championship game on the Jug: it then becomes fraudulent IMO!

Top Bottom