Who will be the next Gopher drafted?

Next Gopher drafted?

• Total voters

GopherNuts

Reaction score
With Oturu breaking the streak, could we see this become a trend for the program? If Marcus and/or Both improve their efficiency numbers, could they sneak into the 2nd round of next year’s draft? There was a fair amount of chatter about Liam having some NBA upside so could he be the next Gopher big drafted? I think there’s some guys on the roster with that kind of potential but they would need to take a pretty big jump this season.

Probably not on the roster. I think Gach has the highest ceiling though and the best chance. I guess I wouldn’t be shocked to see him get drafted in two years but the odds are against it.

I know a lot of people think Liam has NBA potential but I just don’t see it in today’s modern NBA. If none of Oturu, Tillman, Garza or Kockburn were good enough to be a first round pick then I don’t see how Liam can be a second round pick in a few years. Teske didn’t get drafted and IMO he is the best comparison of any recent big ten player for Liam.

Don't sleep on Ihnen.

this is a great shout and I totally blanked on him when thinking about guys with pro potential. Generally, I think there’s a few players on this roster with the profile that the NBA is looking for. Ihnen is a stretch 4 with the potential to guard wings and PFs, Gach is a lanky wing that’s currently a slasher with the FT% to suggest there’s upside for him there as a shooter. So much with Robbins will be dependent on where he is defensively, Drake didn’t really ask him to do much more than be a rim protector so we’ll learn a lot once the season gets rolling. He actually looks pretty fluid for his size so I’m excited for him. He looks like he can move his feet a bit better than a Teske.

I need to see Robbins play against B1G competition to form an opinion on him being drafted. Unfortunately Marcus Carr has a real uphill battle to being drafted. It's tough for PG only sized guys right now. Devon Dotson is probably younger than Marcus, was an All American, won more games, had better shooting efficiency, and went undrafted this year. Myles Powell, though a Senior, was an All American at Seton Hall, won more games, and had two season above 20 PPG and went undrafted this year too. Marcus needs to have a great year, show increased shooting range, and really knock it out of the park in the athletic testing to have a shot to hear his name called in '21.

Dane Moore, who coves the Wolves, tweeted out the the player rankings of the 15 guys on the Wolves roster right now: 9 were top 50 prospects, 2 more were #59 and #67 and 4 were ranked lower: #312 Jarrett Culver, #182 Josh Okogie, # 140 Kelan Martin ( 2 way guy), and #130 Jacob Evans. We can hope to develop a Culver or Okogie occasionally, but we really need to recruit a lot more highly rated guys to produce more NBA guys.

Top Bottom