Who will be the guest “Do the Gopher” for NMSt game?

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
Any musicians play at Huntington Bank Stadium recently that they’d feature? Or any former coaches that are returning that could be included?

1662011604970.png

jea-0041-fairchild-jpg.jpg

It would be awesome if it was a former Jerry recruit that loves PJ like Winfield Jr or Coughlin

It’ll be the U students in the block M. Been the same for several years as was said.

There would be a showdown between this guy and Goldy! This town ain't big enough for two gopher mascots!
Technically speaking, the State Fair is in Saint Paul and Huntington stadium is in Minneapolis. So I’m sure it’s fine to have two Gophers.

Which one is older? I’m betting on Goldy.

Technically speaking, the State Fair is in Saint Paul and Huntington stadium is in Minneapolis. So I’m sure it’s fine to have two Gophers.

You are correct!

The embodiment of the Gopher mascot came to life in 1952 when University of Minnesota assistant bandmaster Jerome Glass bought a fuzzy wool gopher suit with a papier-mâché head and asked one of the band members to climb into it.

From: https://www.mnstatefair.org/get-inv...rchild the gopher,a state-wide naming contest.
In 1966, Fairchild the gopher became the official mascot of the State Fair and was joined by his nephew, Fairborne, in 1983. Fairchild got his name, a play on the institution’s title, after a state-wide naming contest.

Goldy is 14 years older.

Tony Dungy is doing the game on the B1G Network.... he could do it!

I'm just saying if the state fair gopher shows up at the Bank, hide the women and children! It'll be an ugly scene!

Top Bottom