Who knew Gopher's season would be longer than Kentucky's!

Kentucky played like shit... Gophers could have beat them tonight

They're so jealous of Gopher fans.........:rolleyes:

We get it, we get it. We are like someone trying to look cool wearing Member's Only jackets. Let us enjoy our NIT moment. The last couple of years have been hard.

I’m all for the gophers playing more games because they are my favorite team. Just like playing the QLB with a QB you never let play.

But mocking Kentucky for losing in a tournament we didn’t qualify for is pathetic.

Losing in the first round of the NCAA Tourney is a better season than winning the NIT.

The only true thing about there is that it normally takes a better record and higher rating to make the NCAA tournament so making the NCAA tournament is more prestigious to be invited as an at-large team. But, winning the NIT tournament requires winning 5 postseason games and that should be always preferred from a fan perspective over going 0-1. That's especially true now since all teams in the NIT are Top 100 teams.

I've always believed that the prestige of the game doesn't matter if you get your ass kicked. That's why I never cared about winning the Big Ten West in football. It was always a pyrrhic victory.

The "I'd rather make the NIT than lose in the 1st round is the NCAAs" argument is moronic. Not one player or coach feels that way. And it's not much better than 50/50 you'll play more than one NIT game.

Why all the self-serious replies? It seemed to me the whole premise of a thread is a joke, that being the context-less statement that Minnesota lasted longer in the post-season than one of the most prestigious programs in the sport, Kentucky. Obviously making the tournament is better than not making the tournament. Lighten up.

Wisconsin lost too, so I'll look forward to multiple Minnesota fans coming to Greg Gard's defense.

Why all the self-serious replies? It seemed to me the whole premise of a thread is a joke, that being the context-less statement that Minnesota lasted longer in the post-season than one of the most prestigious programs in the sport, Kentucky. Obviously making the tournament is better than not making the tournament. Lighten up.

Wisconsin lost too, so I'll look forward to multiple Minnesota fans coming to Greg Gard's defense.
The premise of making the tournament is having a chance for more games, having a chance to see them play on a bigger stage, and have a chance for them to advance to the national championship - exciting stuff!

Wisconsin showed they had no chance. The 2nd place team in the Sun Belt Conference beat them like a red headed stepchild.

The premise of making the tournament is having a chance for more games, having a chance to see them play on a bigger stage, and have a chance for them to advance to the national championship - exciting stuff!

Wisconsin showed they had no chance. The 2nd place team in the Sun Belt Conference beat them like a red headed stepchild.
And yet there are many that insist the big 10 isn't way down this season.

Down as much as the sec after the first round?
I didn't realize the SEC had anything to do with the big 10. Nor did I say anything about the sec.

Why are you comparing those two conferences? Only because the sec had a bad day.

Top Bottom