Who is your "Home Run" hire?

Not that i know of. There is actually some trouble brewing in Madison that i am not at liberty to go into right now.
I watch college BB every day if decent teams are playing and the current WI team is different than last years despite the fact that the starters are all the same.
Only the newcomer Davis acts like he is having fun. Reuvers looks like he is sulking. Concentration is lacking as evidenced by the increase in TOs and poor shooting
The attitude on this WI teams reminds me of the WI FB team a few years ago that had serious internal strife secondly to the QB Hornibrook. That was the team MN rolled over to break the long losing streak.
I believe what built wrote is very plausible.

Not that i know of. There is actually some trouble brewing in Madison that i am not at liberty to go into right now.
Oh come on Built, it would take me less than a nanosecond to sell out the Badgers.

Nope, on second thought, it wouldn't take even that long.

I believe what built wrote is very plausible.
"trouble brewing" and "not at liberty to go into right now" definitely seems juicy and more than just chemistry issues with guys who have played together for 4/5 years now. Wonder if this something more nefarious, similar to their strength and conditioning coach incident last year

Brian Snow (from 247) was on with Jeff Goodman and he was all in on the MN job. HUGE upside, said yes you miss on the 5* guys fine, but the guys like Wright, Macura, Garcia, etc plus B1G plus Minneapolis is massive. Said he thinks it is likely the best job open in the country. (Goodman said he thinks AZ/LSU open with issues but) Gives me some hope!!

Brian Snow (from 247) was on with Jeff Goodman and he was all in on the MN job. HUGE upside, said yes you miss on the 5* guys fine, but the guys like Wright, Macura, Garcia, etc plus B1G plus Minneapolis is massive. Said he thinks it is likely the best job open in the country. (Goodman said he thinks AZ/LSU open with issues but) Gives me some hope!!
I hope so!

Who ever it is needs to have a connection with the local AAU programs like D1 Minnesota.

For those that want Muss. I DO NOT KNOW THAT HE WOULD NOT COME HERE but have been told by somebody close to them that he would not come here. Remember, his wife has a say in the matter anyways. In addition he father had severe NCAA violations.For the record I would love to have him here but this season has not played out yet !

They were when he was at Cincinnati. I believe he left some issues at K-State as well. He also had the famous "zero percent" graduation rate at Cincy.

Sorry for the delayed response Howeda7 and thanks for the Huggins info. Let me preface my response by letting you know that I was Bob's teammate for three years at WVU in the early seventies. It is true he had problems at Cincy, but it is also true it had been many years since Cincy was the powerhouse it was during the Big O's time there and it was difficult to recruit there. Hugs recruited many questionable kids during that time and he did take chances on some players by offering them a a chance to escape their life situation (eternal poverty) through a b-ball scholarship. Some of them took advantage of the offer and some failed miserably. As far as NCAA violations, Hugs has never received any major violations. Don't get me started with the pitiful NCAA, Hugs has not offered any fake classes for 25 years like unc has to name one blue blood school who continually goes unpunished.

When Bob returned to WVU to become head coach, he was fortunate to inherit Coach Beleins(sp) players when Coach left for Michigan. They were all top notch students and since then Bob has recruited many fine student/ athletes and for years has produced teams full of honor students. Including this years team that is almost 100% honor students, with some being academic all- Americans.( Miles McBride)

Finally, the totally uncalled for sleazy remark. Since Bob's Mom passed from colon cancer he has spearheaded a charity to fight colon cancer and also has a charity to aid the many coal miners who have lost jobs in W. Va. His charities have helped so many that Dickie V, who heads the the Jimmy V foundation, recognized Bob as the man of the year for his contributions recently.

Now, finally(really), almost all former players and many famous college coaches, love Hugs. Most of his players continue to return to be a part of Bobs programs and his life! I left WVU unsatisfied with my career and didn't return, except for the 100 year anniversary of WVU basketball when Coach Belein was still there, until Bob got the job there. One of the first things he did was have a reunion for his former teammates which we still have 13 years later! We are all family again thanks to Bob. His gruff courtside demeanor is no indication of his soft spoken and dry humor that all his former teammates and players love him for.

Thanks for putting up with the long post, and, by the way, I normally agree with most of your posts, Dave

but have been told by somebody close to them that he would not come here.
I don't think he has any special affinity for Mpls or the U, just because he spent a few years of his childhood here while his dad was the head coach here. Did not go to high school here, did not go to the U.

Grew up in San Diego and Cleveland, and went to college and played for U of San Diego.

I think he'd only consider the U the same as he'd consider any P5 offer.

I don't think he has any special affinity for Mpls or the U, just because he spent a few years of his childhood here while his dad was the head coach here. Did not go to high school here, did not go to the U.

Grew up in San Diego and Cleveland, and went to college and played for U of San Diego.

I think he'd only consider the U the same as he'd consider any P5 offer.
That said, a Big Ten job is a Big Ten job. That's where I've been coming from. State College or West Lafayette would not be my choices to live, but would I relocate there for one of the top jobs in my industry? Yes.

That said, a Big Ten job is a Big Ten job. That's where I've been coming from. State College or West Lafayette would not be my choices to live, but would I relocate there for one of the top jobs in my industry? Yes.

I can’t remember where I read it, but Musselmans wife wants nothing to do with cold weather places and she has some pull like Built mentioned. Arkansas also puts out money for the resources too and has good donors.

Allegedly Musselman wanted the job if it was open in 2019.

I can’t remember where I read it, but Musselmans wife wants nothing to do with cold weather places and she has some pull like Built mentioned. Arkansas also puts out money for the resources too and has good donors.
Allegedly Musselman wanted the job if it was open in 2019.
Does not compute

Top Bottom