Who is your Gophers MVP in the HUGE win over Iowa?

Who is your Gophers MVP in the HUGE win over Iowa?

• Athan Kaliakmanis

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Daniel Jackson

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Tyler Nubin

Votes: 20 17.4%
  • Devon Williams

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Justin Walley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragan Kesich

Votes: 85 73.9%

• Total voters
The Nubin penalty was on 3rd down. The penalty only moved the ball about 6 inches closer to the goal line and Iowa was going to go for it on 4th down anyway. They scored on the next play so to say he cost us 4 points is stretching it IMO.

low key-- important player in the 2nd half was the punt returner- just because he started coming up and fair catching the punts instead of giving Iowa another 25 yards of roll

I thought Jah Joyner had a really good game. There were a few times that we brought only 3 and he got pressure. Also Striggow had a really nice day too. Not sure who my MVP, but it has to be someone on the defense.

The Nubin penalty was on 3rd down. The penalty only moved the ball about 6 inches closer to the goal line and Iowa was going to go for it on 4th down anyway. They scored on the next play so to say he cost us 4 points is stretching it IMO.
It gave them an automatic first down and wiped away our anticipated resolve to hold them out of the end zone on fourth down. Hard to think they may not score with four tries.

Tough to name a player of the game from this one. Tyler had the biggest play of the game, but that penalty before the half was enormous. I don't think Iowa tries another QB sneak there (if they go for it) on 4th down. Without that penalty he's the player of the game for sure.

I liked the defensive line a lot, but it was more a collective effort than one guy who was the clear standout.

I ended up picking Daniel Jackson. On a day when the offense did little, Jackson was the clear standout. He easily could have had a couple more third down coversions plus a TD with better QB play.

Blitzing Nubin was huge. On 3 or 4 of the plays we blitzed him, we either got a turnover or a big loss.

Rossi's D in the 2nd half was filled with stunts in the DL and hidden blitz packages from the OLB and safeties.

Rossi can call D against teams that run offenses like ours. When we play teams with mobile QBs or that use wider splits and more of a 4 guys run routes to spots in our zone coverage, we get shredded.

Top Bottom