Who is your Gophers MVP in the 38-0 win over New Mexico State?

• P.J. Fleck for taking the high road

Votes: 31 29.5%
  • Tanner Morgan

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mo Ibrahim

Votes: 48 45.7%
  • Michael Brown-Stephens

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • John Michael Schmitz

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Other

Votes: 12 11.4%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Other - Defense - I don't care who you are playing, under 100 yards and 0 points against anyone is impressive.

Honorable mention - KC - the slant is back, the offense looked so much better than that crap we watched the last couple years.

I voted for PJ for taking the high road but a cynic would say it was Mark Coyle for scheduling a game in which most everyone could look like a MVP.

I'll throw in a wild card: Mariano Sori-Marin. This kid was all over the place and seemed to be really in charge. NMSU was held to under 100 yards offense and under 50 yards through 3 quarters.

We're not going to learn that much playing NM State and W Illinois, just is what it is. But great job of showing up and taking care of business. So, the whole team and staff! :)

Fleck, very impressed with how he handled this situation.
Actually the same. After seeing NMSU I don't think they could beat us, but Fleck could have responded made a lot of drama about the game. Kill was throwing him softballs and Fleck ignored it all and the team looked focused and ready.

Mo. Put aside the fact that we were playing NMSU....that is one of the best running backs in the nation. Speed, agility, vision.....and incredibly difficult to bring down. I know WAR is primarily used in baseball....but this guy is worth a win or two. Probably would have won a couple more last year had he played.

Whole team! They played with discipline and efficiency!

All great choices, but Other for defense.

I voted for PJ for taking the high road but a cynic would say it was Mark Coyle for scheduling a game in which most everyone could look like a MVP.
Not thinking coyle scheduled it though

Top Bottom