Who is your Gophers MVP in big win at Nebraska?

• Athan Kaliakmanis

Votes: 62 55.9%
  • No Ibrahim

Votes: 32 28.8%
  • Tyler Nubin

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Matthew Trickett

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

went ak! game changed with him

The Nebraska player that injured Morgan. That is the grim reality.

I thought Tyler Nubin had the best game of any Gopher.

The title is misleading. We should be beating a team like Nebraska 35 to 10. A win is a win but we did not play well at all. Hail the defense holding a home team to 13 points.

Mo deserves this because he as much as Athan helped, will this team a win.

Last edited:

The title is misleading. We should be beating a team like Nebraska 35 to 10. A win is a win but we did not play well at all. Hail the defense holding a home team to 13 points.
Have we gotten to the point where beating Nebraska on the road is a "not by enough" game?

Nebraska has consistently higher recruiting rankings, more football resources, sells out an 80K stadium for every game, and is on the short list of the sport's all-time blue bloods. I know they haven't been wonderful in recent years but any win in Lincoln is always a good win involving many great individual efforts.

Good grief.

We came back from behind for the first time for what seems forever.

I almost said Nubin because of the F-bomb in his post game interview, calling Athan a “f——-g baller” on air…lol

Honorable mention: Daniel Jackson had another nice clutch game and is taking over the #1 WR spot. That's great to see him step up into badly needed receiving role.

Mo is the true MVP pretty much every week but I voted for AK this week because he totally changed the game. He's got a bright future!

AK, he was the spark that changed the game. He even made the OC’s play calling look better.
This is why I also voted for AK. The spark he gave the team was obvious.

This is a tough one. Mo was awesome, Nubin and the Defense were amazing after the first couple of series, and Trickett nailed some clutch field goals that were not chip shots by any means.

But I went with Athan. The O was dead in the water in the first half. Athan came in, hit some deep shots and changed the entire dynamic of the game.

Top Bottom