who do you hope coaches the gophers in 2011-12?

who do you hope coaches the gophers in 2011-12?

• Total voters

I would like to nominate Jacki0 for dpodoll's and blizzard's ...epic-unheard-of-level-of-dumbassery list. All in favor?

lol... I'm in favor...

Jacki0, wow... really? are we being serious right now??

Not fair to say "none of Monson guys left". Remember Kris Collins? Was he a Gopher for more than a week or two? Hargrow from Minnesota to Arkansas and allowed back? Remember giving scholarships to JUCO guys who could not play at the Big Ten level and then having to show them the door in Nurumbi and Wilson?

Tubby has made some mistakes, but I don't blame him at all for Royce White. I want him to roll the dice on a talent like Royce White. I don't want him to roll the dice on a good kid who may not have the talent to play at this level like he did this past Spring.

I Voted For Other

I'd like to see Doogie put his $ where his mouth is and coach the Gophers in 2012.

Doogie IS realistic. He has coached 3rd and 4th graders. Some college players act like that nowadays.

Agreed, and lots of posters on GopherHole act like some of the parents of those 3rd and 4th graders, behavior that I call "The Frustrated Jock Syndrome".

anyone want to change their vote either for tubby or for flip or for miles or for other?

Agreed, and lots of posters on GopherHole act like some of the parents of those 3rd and 4th graders, behavior that I call "The Frustrated Jock Syndrome".

You have what I would call the Frustrated Drunk Syndrome.

You have what I would call the Frustrated Drunk Syndrome.

Beej, from most people I would treat that as an insult, but coming from you I take it as a compliment!!! :)

Is 30 considered old?

Cobbs had no character issues out of high school. Carter's sister has cancer. Is that Tubby's fault too? Joseph didn't have any character issues out of high school either. In fact I don't think we heard anything bad about him until this season, his junior year. The only guys you can point at are White and Mbakwe. One has worked out well, the other hasn't.

Just because a guy has "character issues" after he gets to the "U", doesn't automatically mean the kid was a troublemaker or anything in high school. You're assuming way too much.

Little too old, sorry. I am not assuming too much. When this starts becoming "constant" throughout his tenure with the gophers, which it is on the verge of, I am assuming nothing. But never mind, Tubby is a coaching god because he won a national championship at Kentucky, he can do no wrong. He should take no criticism. I don't know what I was thinking when I said the previous comments. Please except my apologies?

Bob Knight is out of the game and doesn't even want to touch coaching anymore because the game has changed so much now that his recruiting and coaching philosophies no longer work with today's athletes which he is on record saying multiple times. Tubby is starting to hit that wall. He is too stubborn to even blame this stretch of losses on himself!! he has to blame it on his kids. Pretty bad.

I would like to know what happened to Tubby after losing to Michigan State in the 2005 Elite Eight in overtime.

In the six years that have passed, Tubby has gone a combined 50-53 in league games, never won 10 league games in a season and finished: sixth, fourth, sixth, seventh and sixth and is in ninth place currently.

What happened to the guy who was winning conference championships like nobody's business? I refuse to believe that it is all bad luck.

Little too old, sorry. I am not assuming too much. When this starts becoming "constant" throughout his tenure with the gophers, which it is on the verge of, I am assuming nothing. But never mind, Tubby is a coaching god because he won a national championship at Kentucky, he can do no wrong. He should take no criticism. I don't know what I was thinking when I said the previous comments. Please except my apologies?

Bob Knight is out of the game and doesn't even want to touch coaching anymore because the game has changed so much now that his recruiting and coaching philosophies no longer work with today's athletes which he is on record saying multiple times. Tubby is starting to hit that wall. He is too stubborn to even blame this stretch of losses on himself!! he has to blame it on his kids. Pretty bad.

Hard to respect you when most third graders spell better than you.

Seriously? Are you 12 years old? Where in my post did I say that Tubby can do no wrong and doesn't deserve criticism?

I was commenting on the fact that you think Tubby should know that all these things would happen before hand. I know it's hard for you to understand, but coaches are just like any of us, they can't predict the future. Everyone knew about White and Mbakwe coming in, but it was worth the risk IMO. One worked out, the other didn't. Do you have any knowledge of Joseph being a troublemaker in high school? Do you think Tubby should have known Carter would leave early because his sister is very sick?

It's fine to be critical of him. I have been myself. But it's not entirely his fault.

Top Bottom