Who 👃a Sparty Slaying on Thursday?

W or L?

• Total voters

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
I thought after the historic program comeback against PSU, we’d win the next two with aplomb. Unfortunately, we looked like a junior high team again.

My baseline for Ben this season was a postseason of some stripe. If we beat Sparty, then Purdue, I think 🤞we’d make the NIT. A step forward and good for the program, players and coaches.

If we get wiped off the court like we did against NW and embarrassed in our own backyard , then Coyle needs to think if a fourth year is warranted or not.

I’d like to catch a whiff of that scent, but my nasal passages are clogged by the utter unpredictability of this squad. 🤧

I would think beating Purdue would be automatic to making the NIT, but could be wrong.

Agree with re-evaluating Ben's 4th year if we lay an egg against Sparty.

Not looking forward to our bench playing a combined 15 minutes on Thursday

I would like to think that if we can slip by an underwhelming but capable Spartan team, that would be enough to get an NIT bid.

IF somehow the planets align and MN plays 40 min in beating Purdue (who already is an NCAA lock, and it is Purdue), then an NCAA bid would be possible by then beating Wisc/NW and playing in championship game against ILL/Neb at "home" for auto bid or at large consideration with championship game loss. "Recent form" would be a positive w/committee. (Maybe Iowa, Indiana will come out of lower bracket?). One thing I know: Most teams in the tournament will be cheering for MN and Wilson to beat Edey.

If MN lost the championship game, it would still raise our quad 1/quad 2 win totals to 9 (currently 6--MSU, Neb, Mich., PSU, NW, OSU), and our Q1 wins up to 4 (currently 1). NIT. Fine.

I would like to think that if we can slip by an underwhelming but capable Spartan team, that would be enough to get an NIT bid.

IF somehow the planets align and MN plays 40 min in beating Purdue (who already is an NCAA lock, and it is Purdue), then an NCAA bid would be possible by then beating Wisc/NW and playing in championship game against ILL/Neb at "home" for auto bid or at large consideration with championship game loss. "Recent form" would be a positive w/committee. (Maybe Iowa, Indiana will come out of lower bracket?). One thing I know: Most teams in the tournament will be cheering for MN and Wilson to beat Edey.

If MN lost the championship game, it would still raise our quad 1/quad 2 win totals to 9 (currently 6--MSU, Neb, Mich., PSU, NW, OSU), and our Q1 wins up to 4 (currently 1). NIT. Fine.
Great post!

Where there is opportunity, there is hope

Stranger things have happened😃

Wasn't smelling an upset.

Just smelling.

Top Bottom