Who 👃a FOURTH W in a row, from FRAN?

W or L vs. Iowa

• Total voters

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Time to take this show back on the road and exact revenge on SB Sunday - world’s best appetizer!!

I think we do it, as beating Sparty when we were down by 9 (45-36) w/9 minutes left, is big boy stuff! Andy Katz is right, we’re playing like the third best team in the conference.

I have confidence that our D, which is on a new level, is going to be stingy on Sunday.
Can’t wait🤪

A win here would finally put the Gophers in the some bubble discussions. They probably jump close to around 75 in the NET with a road Q1 win and put themselves in very good position to make it to 12 wins in the conference. Even if they make it to 12-8, they are a long shot to sneak in. But to wake up on selection sunday knowing that they are at least tossing their name around would be exciting given the last two years and the projections for this year's team.

We're due for a game where we are betting underdogs and come out and kick the s*** out of the opposition.

The last time I recall this happening was the 20/21 season, when Top 10 Michigan came to town, and we beat them by 20. It was a complete domination, a wire-to-wire win.

I predict this will happen in Iowa City on Sunday—Gophers by 15.

We're due for a game where we are betting underdogs and come out and kick the s*** out of the opposition.

The last time I recall this happening was the 20/21 season, when Top 10 Michigan came to town, and we beat them by 20. It was a complete domination, a wire-to-wire win.

I predict this will happen in Iowa City on Sunday—Gophers by 15.
Yes, Yes, Yes

Love the optimism

I am a little worried about this game with us coming off our biggest win in the CBJ era, and Iowa coming off a loss. Classic let down spot, especially against a really good offensive team like Iowa. If we can hang around early, I like us to close and get the win. Iowa has proven to be capable of losing to teams that I'd say are currently worse than this version of the Gophers with home losses to MD and Michigan. With that said we've already lost to them, so this one is a really toss up.

I watched PSU beat Iowa last night. They turned them over A LOT, and limited their perimeter shooting. I think we are capable of doing the same. Iowa does have good post play. When we lost to them here, we got burned inside, and they hit some crucial jumpers.

Carver Hawkeye Arena is a tough place to play, BUT we are not the same team who lost to them at The Barn. I say we win!

This team is showing some real mental toughness, they are not cracking under the pressure in late game situations. Iowa City tough place to play, but if they can stay close I like their chances.

A win here would finally put the Gophers in the some bubble discussions. They probably jump close to around 75 in the NET with a road Q1 win and put themselves in very good position to make it to 12 wins in the conference. Even if they make it to 12-8, they are a long shot to sneak in. But to wake up on selection sunday knowing that they are at least tossing their name around would be exciting given the last two years and the projections for this year's team.
I appreciate the info.

But I DISAGREE with such valuing of computer rankings. So dumb...and the NCAA knows this...but they'll do anything for money/ratings. They have us overly worried about what everyone else is doing. Instead of focusing on the standings and other bubble teams...they have us pouring over every team, slotting them all into quads, worrying about teams we shouldn't be, etc., etc.

12-8, like a top 5 finish, should ensure we make the NCAA. Unless it egregious, I don't like teams leapfrogging other teams because a computer says so.

Last edited:

Some quality wins during the Big 10 tournament, which are essentially home games, could go a long way towards the Gophers getting an invite to the Dance.

Top Bottom