Which former Gopher would you be most excited to play as in the new EA College Football videogame?

Which former Gopher would you be most excited to play as in the new EA College football videogame?

• Total voters

StudentSectionMenace

Reaction score
EA announced that they are doing an ultimate team full of college football legends. Which former Gophers would you be most excited to use?
*Limited responses to players who were never in the game or who were not starters in the last release
Anyone else??

I guess it would depend how high they rated them. Probably either Morgan (qb important) or whichever RB got rated the highest. Curious how they would rate them.

If I'm allowed to deviate from your list give me Maroney

edit: As I think more about this you were probably only listing guys who weren't in previous versions of the game. In that case I'll air it out to Bateman.

Last edited:

I was pretty young when he played and I also don't think I had access to watch many games on tv. But he is probably the player I wish I could have seen play more and/or see what he would do in today's game.

I answered Mo, but that entire 2019 team would have been fun to play with.

Darrell Street Clothes Thompson is a good announcer but was never healthy as a player (except when he was somehow setting all the records).

Apparently you don’t know how the game works.

As soon as you pass or hand off you become the next player. You are all at all times.

I guess in the spirit of the thread, Morgan passing to Bateman against PSU.

It was always fun playing as a rush end trying to sack the QB. I'd add Boye Mafe and Carter Coughlin.

I hate this because, being that it's the first thing EA is pimping about the new game, it means they're going to continue to go hard with microtransactions. Fuck ultimate team, quit with the bloatware modes in these games, and spend 95% of your R&D on giving me a quality dynasty mode with realistic recruiting and coaching carousel. I'm already dropping 70 bucks on this, I'm not going to spend a dime on micros. And if you put micros in my dynasty mode where I can't get a legit experience without paying for them, fuck your game, I'm not buying it. EA sucks.

I hate this because, being that it's the first thing EA is pimping about the new game, it means they're going to continue to go hard with microtransactions. Fuck ultimate team, quit with the bloatware modes in these games, and spend 95% of your R&D on giving me a quality dynasty mode with realistic recruiting and coaching carousel. I'm already dropping 70 bucks on this, I'm not going to spend a dime on micros. And if you put micros in my dynasty mode where I can't get a legit experience without paying for them, fuck your game, I'm not buying it. EA sucks.
I heard it will be heavy on NIL so you can add guys as needed.

The first two game modes they announced was Dynasty and Road to Glory and have said those two modes are their highest priority. I have been following the development of the game pretty close and they brought back a lot of the old team to work on this game and picked up a couple people from the college football gaming community that were modding NCAA 14. Obviously its EA, and their games have been unplayable for a decade now, but based on what I've heard so far I am hopeful!

The first two game modes they announced was Dynasty and Road to Glory and have said those two modes are their highest priority. I have been following the development of the game pretty close and they brought back a lot of the old team to work on this game and picked up a couple people from the college football gaming community that were modding NCAA 14. Obviously its EA, and their games have been unplayable for a decade now, but based on what I've heard so far I am hopeful!
I have my fingers crossed!

Top Bottom