Where do we debut on the AP poll?

mjfelton15

I’m going in the 17-19 range. Last two wins have been impressive. Undefeated. Defense looks amazing. Offense has so many weapons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

csom_1991

Style wins often catapult a team past some of these teams. The last two games have been impressive. It wouldn't shock me much if the Gophers debut in the top 20.
Edit: Also A&M lost!
Yes, but they lost to BAMA and didn't get too embarrassed so they will probably move up in the polls to keep up BAMA's strength of schedule with the SEC's upset today of GA. The SEC needs to protect BAMA in case they lose to LSU or Auburn and miss out on the SEC Championship game.

I think we will be between 20 and 22. We jump Memphis, A&M, Wake Forest, Virginia and then maybe some of the Baylor, SMU, Iowa crowd

btowngopher

Yes, but they lost to BAMA and didn't get too embarrassed so they will probably move up in the polls to keep up BAMA's strength of schedule with the SEC's upset today of GA. The SEC needs to protect BAMA in case they lose to LSU or Auburn and miss out on the SEC Championship game.
There is no way TAMU moves up in the polls. They were already the only 2 loss team that was ranked, a 3-3 team is not going to stay ranked.

GameDay

I think we jump UVA, TAMU, Wake, and Memphis for sure. I don't think anybody ranked behind us jumps us (unless somehow the AP shoots South Carolina way up the rankings, although with 3 losses they should still be right outside of the top 25 with A&M).

That would put us at #22 unless they drop Iowa below us, in which case we'd be #21. I'm going to say #21/22.

csom_1991

There is no way TAMU moves up in the polls. They were already the only 2 loss team that was ranked, a 3-3 team is not going to stay ranked.
I was half-joking. I think we jump them for sure this week but I hope we can crack the top 20 before PSU because I will promise you that an SEC team with less quality wins and more losses will jump the Gophers with our first loss - hopefully we don't have to worry about that first loss until 2021.

Latest profile posts