When do players report for Training Camp?

official camp starts the 10th I believe, there were guys working out yesterday afternoon at Wallace field, so I'm assuming they already have captains practices

If you are a Divison 1 Football Player

You are encouraged to get on campus for the summer sessions. You are much like a military recruit. You are on a 5 year, 60 month program. It is either weight training, conditioning, film study, team meetings, practice informally. You time is theirs. I think their is some NCAA rule about 17 hours a week of actual coaching. But then there is meals, nutrition, weigh ins, timed 40's, timed 10 yard, timed pro agility, vertical jump, bench press, power clean, squats. The informal 7 on 7 drills, all this and more, and all the fans actually see is 3 hours on Saturday. A win and all is right with the world, a loss and the fans are distraught. But come Sunday, its film study, group meetings, conditioning, weight lifting and on it goes. Month after month. The season ends, interest wanes, their is hype about the next class. But the team is hangin and banging in the weight room, running. Championships are won in the off season.

Does anyone know the training schedule? I know that they begin August 10th, but would like to know how many practices per day and their times. I believe that I read somewhere, that on days with 2 practices, Brewster is planning on having the second practice at TCF Bank Stadium to get the players acclimated to the surroundings. I hoping that the second practice in more towards evening. I would like to take a walk around the stadium while practice is being held.

Top Bottom