What's the worst thing for you about not being able to attend home games in person??

Moonlight

Reaction score
Like others here I was prepared/resigned to enjoy watching games from the warm comfort of my own TV room.
But I wasnt prepared to have to endure listening to clueless broadcasters opine endlessly
EVERY. SINGLE. GAME.
Balancing apps to I find out obscure esoteric details like
HOW MANY FOULS DOES THIS PLAYER HAVE??
(it's a secret)
I would gladly walk ice-packed blocks through the polar vortex wind tunnel known as Huron Boulevard.

My biggest disappointment is not hearing your firsthand accounts from Williams, moony

Miss the pregame meals with my wife at Sally’s, Stub’s, or Raising Cane’s, and then arriving early at The Barn and watching it gradually fill up and come to life before a particularly big game.

Last edited:

Miss the pregame meals with my wife at Sally’s, Stub’s, or Raising Cane’s, and then arriving early at The Barn and watching it gradually fill up and come to life before a particularly big game.

I miss the pregame meals with your wife (you too ;)) at Sally’s, Stub’s, or Raising Cane’s, and then arriving early at The Barn and watching it gradually fill up and come to life before a particularly big game.

That and Drew's popcorn.

All that.
I miss the pre-game meals, the joy of finding our secret parking spot available...
And especially, the loud wave of collective optimism when the team is making a comeback run and we're going to help make it so. The feeling that being a fan matters

All that.
I miss the pre-game meals, the joy of finding our secret parking spot available...
And especially, the loud wave of collective optimism when the team is making a comeback run and we're going to help make it so. The feeling that being a fan matters

This exactly. Being at the games makes you feel like a part of the team that watching on TV can never recreate. You can convince yourself that if you just get loud enough and have enough energy, you can will them to a win.

We had to mute him.

I am complaining to my 8 month old about him. Start him young.

I miss the fresh popcorn, The Barn when the gophers are on a run and the kids playing at halftime.

It's really Gopher fans luck to have this incredible slate of dominating home wins to only sit on our couch and watch. I mean is there another fan base more deserving of being in attendance for this than us?!

Go Gophers!!

I usually get to go to just one game a year and that's because a friend has a few seats she shares with family. It's the best game of the year for me, win or lose and no matter the opponent, because it's become tradition for us and the company is always the very best. So of course I'm missing that this year.

The fact that there just doesn't seem to have much rhyme or reason as to why we're not there watching the games. It is beyond frustrating to watch fans at NHL hockey games, NFL football games, college football games, and how knows what else.

I went to the Cardinals-Bills game in PHX earlier this season and sometime in the 3rd quarter, I found myself just looking around and realizing just how much I missed just plain "being at the game". There are a lot of arguments for there being a great viewing experience on TV, and it continues to get better every year, but there will always be something about being at the game, the chance that you might see history (or your team beating a top-10 previously unbeaten team!), and enjoying fellow fans in the arena.

GO GOPHERS!!!!

Really miss it after a game like today. Would have been electric. I miss section 207.

I miss storming the court. I didn't do a great job of shoveling yesterday, so when I stormed my driveway court after todays game it was a bit slick in spots.

and Drew's popcorn

It's really Gopher fans luck to have this incredible slate of dominating home wins to only sit on our couch and watch. I mean is there another fan base more deserving of being in attendance for this than us?!

Go Gophers!!

Die hard Rutgers fans are getting a raw deal too. I met both of them at a Big 10 Tournament, nice people.

The roar that would have been bouncing off the rafters today and watching the students leading the charge onto the floor from the balcony above them.

I miss the games, but also the ice cream at halftime...

I only make it back for 1 game a year, so I miss the whole experience. The meal before at Stub's, walking into the Barn, remembering all of the games I went to in the 70's and 80's. Love it when it gets LOUD.

I only make it back for 1 game a year, so I miss the whole experience. The meal before at Stub's, walking into the Barn, remembering all of the games I went to in the 70's and 80's. Love it when it gets LOUD.
Exactly the same with me. I mean exactly even the 70's and 80's comment. I try to fly in for one game per year. I did make it to Tampa for our bowl game last year but I miss the Barn experience.

Top Bottom